Recurring event exclusion is not excluding as far as I can tell?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring event exclusion is not excluding as far as I can tell?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    James O’Sullivan
    Participant

Hi there, I have setup a very simple event that runs daily from 27th of April until the 22nd of June and should not show up on Saturday and Sunday. As you can see from my site listed here: http://www.jamjosandbox.com/marysbns/events/2017-04/ on the 27th of April I get the event repeating every day including Sat and Sun and not excluding those days of the week.

My setting for this event can be seen here: http://recordit.co/qq9751DJk6 and as you can see I have set a weekly exclusion here for Saturday and Sunday but yet the message says in this area “An event every week that begins at 8:00AM on Sunday and Saturday, repeating until June 22, 2017” which does not seem to make sense as this is the exclusion area of the event?

I am totally confused here if I am honest about it so any help would be very much appreciated. thanks for your time on this.

James

Cliff

Hi, James. Sorry you’re experiencing this.

This isn’t currently a known issue so I tried recreating it. I used these settings and got this result.

Since I wasn’t able to replicate the issue, I’d suggest following these recommended troubleshooting steps for your own site:

There might be some new updates available. Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Sixteen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see while changing tickets quantity, navigating your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and any other of your site’s pages relevant to this ticket.

Then, please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts Mode). That will give me a lot of extra information to help diagnose the problem.

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

James O’Sullivan
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Thanks so much for all that good troubleshooting!

I figured it out.

You had left this field blank: https://cl.ly/440L0Q2X2q32

I’ll file this as a UX bug, that it shouldn’t let you save the event if “on” or “after” is set to “blank”. Instead, it should suggest you fill it in or use the “never” option instead of a blank “on” or “after” option.

I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

James O’Sullivan
    Participant

Thanks Cliff, I have alot of events that run Monday to Friday but not weekends and this really confused me until now so glad this has been found. It’s just not intuitive albeit now that I know how I get it but would be nice to have this kid proof for the likes of me 😉

Looking forward to the update.

Cliff

For sure, especially since it defaults to this type of setting.

I’m glad to help!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi James!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-9-july-2018/

Please also note that we have subsequently shipped a hotfix for The Events Calendar, Events Calendar PRO and Event Tickets → https://theeventscalendar.com/announcing-the-events-calendar-4-6-20-1-events-calendar-pro-4-4-29-1-and-event-tickets-4-7-5-1/

We apologize for the long delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring event exclusion is not excluding as far as I can tell?’ is closed to new replies.