Queries re Events/Tickets/Community Events/Tickets

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Queries re Events/Tickets/Community Events/Tickets

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mark Bond

HI,

I am working with a client and looking to set up an events system on their new site, they sell tickets for various sporting events that they organise (fairly simple and doable with your plugins), however they have a few requirements that are non-standard and I was wondering if you can help out answering questions or to help me evaluate the various plugins to see if they meet our needs:

1) They are “franchising” their business and need to allow their franchisee’s access to their site to add events/tickets (but only these people and not everyone) – looking a your documentation this should be possible using a third party permissions plugin? These franchisees should be able to login and see their own events/tickets/etc. and create their own events and tickets.

2) They want to be able to accept deposits for some of the bookings (selectable by them). I was planning on ensuring they use Woocommerce for the ecommerce system and have found this: https://codecanyon.net/item/woocommerce-deposits-partial-payments-plugin/9249233 to allow the deposit system to work. However in line with 1 above when the using Tickets+ (and community tickets) does this integrate with teh Woocommerce products to allow this plugin to be used, additionally would a role manager allow the franchisee to see the newly created ticket/product to set the availability of the deposit within the product?

Kind regards

Mark Bond
    IceStar Media Ltd.

Nico

Hey Mark,

Thanks for reaching out to us and for thinking about our products for this project 🙂

1) They are “franchising” their business and need to allow their franchisee’s access to their site to add events/tickets (but only these people and not everyone) – looking a your documentation this should be possible using a third party permissions plugin? These franchisees should be able to login and see their own events/tickets/etc. and create their own events and tickets.

Yeah, take a look at a this article Admin roles and permissions to see a full list of capabilities. You can also enable front-end submissions (which you can limit to a certain user level) with Community Events and Community Tickets.

2) They want to be able to accept deposits for some of the bookings (selectable by them). I was planning on ensuring they use Woocommerce for the ecommerce system and have found this: https://codecanyon.net/item/woocommerce-deposits-partial-payments-plugin/9249233 to allow the deposit system to work. However in line with 1 above when the using Tickets+ (and community tickets) does this integrate with teh Woocommerce products to allow this plugin to be used, additionally would a role manager allow the franchisee to see the newly created ticket/product to set the availability of the deposit within the product?

Well, I don’t have an answer for this one other than you’ll have to try it out. Please check out this article on Compatibility with WooCommerce Extensions to get I glimpse of why testing is the best way to know if it will work as expected or not!

While we don’t have a trial period, you can go ahead and purchase the products to try them out. If you decide they are not what you are looking for, you can ask for a full refund within 30 days of purchase. For more information take a look at our refund policy.

Please let me know if I cna help with anything else,
    Best,
    Nico

Mark Bond

Many thanks for this, most of this has answered the queries I had in the way I expected, however re point 2, while I obviously dont expect you to be able to answer about a 3rd party plugin my query was directly about Event tickets in that it creates a woocommerce product, when it does so is the owner created as the same as the owner of the ticket (so we can set-up permissions on the product in the same way as tickets/events so owners can go and edit the prodcut to allow deposits on only their tickets/products)

KInd regards

Mark Bond

Nico

Thanks for the follow-up Mark!

… Event tickets in that it creates a woocommerce product, when it does so is the owner created as the same as the owner of the ticket (so we can set-up permissions on the product in the same way as tickets/events so owners can go and edit the product to allow deposits on only their tickets/products)

Yes, just checked the code and the product author is the current user creating the ticket.

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Queries re Events/Tickets/Community Events/Tickets’ is closed to new replies.