Purchase of Event Ticket Not Triggering Follow Up Email Campaign

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Purchase of Event Ticket Not Triggering Follow Up Email Campaign

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

Having the same issue what was already posted about a year ago, but there was no response or fix posted.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/purchase-of-event-ticket-not-triggering-follow-up-email-campaign/#dl_post-1142931

Was there a resolution to this?
    Thanks

Cliff

This reply is private.

Chris
    Participant

Thanks Geoff. I don’t see any console errors on my site when making edits, so I’m not sure where that error was generated from. Any ideas?

Cliff

This reply is private.

Chris
    Participant

Sorry Cliff, I called you Geoff, as I have another support thread going with Geoff:)

Everything is up to date. I’ve disabled all plugins (except, THE, ET, ETP and WooCommerce) and this still persists. I’ve changed to the 2016 theme as well with no luck.

In my other thread, there seems to be a strange conflict with enabling and disabling the Tickets that get sent based on order status. Going to disable all those now and only have the Follow Up emails sending messages and see if that fixes it.

Thanks

Cliff

Thanks for the update, Chris.

The team laughed with us a bit about you calling me Geoff because we have several Geoffs/Jeffs on the team… no worries 🙂

Testing those WooCommerce settings under wp-admin > Events > Settings > Tickets tab is probably a good idea because they’ve been the cause of some other really difficult-to-produce / track down sort of bugs in the past.

I’d also recommend enabling WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and sharing any debug messages you see while testing.

Chris
    Participant

Enabled debug. Tried unchecking those fields, importing orders that match the event category I’m trying to send emails to. No errors were generated though. Can I manually turn those settings off in the database?

Cliff

I’m not clear which settings you’re referring to, whether or not they’re in the database.

I had a colleague test Event Tickets 4.4.5, Event Tickets Plus 4.4.4, WooCommerce 2.6.14, and Follow Up Emails 4.4.18 and email did work (i.e. arrived in the inbox).

Are all your site’s other emails getting delivered consistently? If not, you might need to install an SMTP plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/search.php?q=smtp (none are supported or guaranteed by us)

If installing an SMTP plugin doesn’t work for you, sharing an annotated screenshot or video screen capture might help communicate what you’re seeing and what exactly the issue is.

Chris
    Participant

All emails being delivered. Standard WooCommerce emails get sent, other follow up emails get sent, the automatic ticket emails get sent. Only tickets that match an event category seem to have issues sending.

Here’s a screencast of the specific settings that don’t send the automated email.
    http://d.pr/v/8OXZ

The other settings I was referring to, were the Events > Settings > Tickets – WooCommerce Support section.
    I’ve been working on this issue in another thread – https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/cant-disable-email-triggers/ and they seem to think it’s a bug in the plugin. Wondering if that is also affecting the issue I’m having in this thread.

Cliff

I watched the video.

So you’re saying that Ticket products do work unless you set FUE to only apply to specific Event Categories. In other words, if you do not set FUE to only apply to specific Event Categories and instead set it to work for All Products, then Ticket products do work with FUE, right?

Chris
    Participant

Yes!! Exactly!

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Chris,

Sorry for letting you wait so long without an answer. Our whole team was out last week for the yearly company retreat and now we’re catching up.

So I tested this again with different scenarios with mixed results.

Scenario #1:

I believe this is what you are also trying to do.

This didn’t send out the emails. I actually checked the Follow-up Emails > Scheduled Emails page and the email simply doesn’t get generated. Looks like a bug.

Scenario #2:

Same as above but using “Enable for: a specific category” vs. “a specific event category”.

In this case all works fine, email gets generated and eventually sent.

Scenario #3:

FU type: events email but no category restriction.

Result: all works fine, just as you said.

Scenario #4:

If you create a “Customer email” and not an “Events email” then all works fine as well, even with (product) categories.

So the normal way of working with events seems to be bugged. I’m not quite sure where and who needs to do what fixing. We’ll need to find that out. I will try to check this internally. Meanwhile I would suggest you to get in touch with the developers of the FUEmails plugin as well.

As a workaround what you can do is set up categories for the WooCommerce products and use that as a filter. I understand that this can requires some work but at the moment I only have this recommendation.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Andras

Cliff

Chris, Andras shared a great update. I hope it helps with your testing.

I noticed stated there was a plugin update yesterday (to integrate with WooCommerce version 3.0).

Please re-test and share your findings once/if you update WooCommerce and FUE to their latest versions.

Cliff

Chris, please reference another user’s report that this issue with FUE should soon be fixed: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/conflict-with-follow-up-emails/#post-1265167

Chris
    Participant

Sorry this still doesn’t resolve my issue. WooCommerce is saying it’s an issue on your end. I updated to their 5.0RC and the issue still persists.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘Purchase of Event Ticket Not Triggering Follow Up Email Campaign’ is closed to new replies.