Can’t disable email triggers

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Can’t disable email triggers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

When I try to uncheck all the boxes for “When should tickets be emailed to customers?” it won’t let me. After I deselect them all and hit save, it checks the bottom three again.

Geoff B.

Good evening Chris and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the boxes not unchecking themselves. Yikes!
    I would love to help you with this topic.

By the sound of it, it looks like there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1. A conflict with another plugin
    2. A conflict with your WordPress theme
    3. A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure (preferably in a staging/dev environment or local install of your WordPress website) and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1. Make a backup of your database
    2. Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Chris
    Participant

I’ve switched to 2016 theme. Disabled all plugins except WooCommerce, Events Tickets, Events Tickets Plus, The Events Calendar and the issue still persists.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Chris
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Chris
    Participant

I wasn’t able to do this on my end Geof. When I disabled the emails in WooCommerce settings (On Hold, Completed, Processing) and then tried disabling all those on Events > Settings > Tickets the 3 bottom items are checked after I hit save.

Here is a screencast of this happening.

http://d.pr/v/Mhbi

Thanks

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Chris,

I am sorry this did not work out as expected for you.

Could you try something to do that again while also deactivating temporarily potentially conflicting plugins such as:

1. WooCommerce – Autocomplete Orders
    2. Follow-Up Emails

Finally, I noticed the presence of W3 Total Cache, is it possible that there is some lingering cache residual files at play here ?

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Chris
    Participant

I cleared my history, used Incognito window, disabled Follow Ups, disabled WooCommerce – Autocomplete Orders and still no luck.

I noticed that I can uncheck all but one and it saves just that one checked.
    Is it possible that the code used to ensure at least 1 is selected in the above field set was also used in this field set by mistake?

Chris
    Participant

Looks like it keeps loading this array when everything has been unchecked.

/**
    * @return array
    */
    public function get_default_ticket_dispatch_statuses() {
    return array(
    ‘wc-completed’,
    ‘wc-on-hold’,
    ‘wc-processing’,
    );
    }

Geoff B.

Good evening Chris,

Thank you for these efforts.

It does indeed look like a very legitimate bug.

Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a release date at this point. But stay tuned, you will be contacted when the fix is released.

In the meantime, if your goal is to not send tickets, you could apply the following snippet in the functions.php file of your theme (without the PHP tag at the top): https://gist.github.com/GeoffEW/67488cc3d5dda12a9e252e16e39191f4

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Chris
    Participant

Sorry no dice!

I added it to the functions.php, but it’s still sending ticket emails when I purchase a ticket.

Cliff

The woocommerce_email_enabled_wootickets filter from https://github.com/woocommerce/woocommerce/blob/master/includes/emails/class-wc-email.php#L357 might be worth a shot… but it looks like it might hard-code it to ‘yes’ on that line…

Chris
    Participant

Sorry, I had added the filter to my normal theme, but forgot I was using 2016. Added
    add_filter( ‘wootickets-tickets-email-enabled’, ‘__return_false’ ); to the correct functions file and it stopped the email from being sent by Event Tickets Plus.

Chris
    Participant

This has resolved my issue, until a proper fix can be rolled out in an update to ETP.
    Thanks to all the Cliffs, Geoffs and Jeffs 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘Can’t disable email triggers’ is closed to new replies.