Conflict with Follow-Up Emails

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Conflict with Follow-Up Emails

• This topic has 12 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Albert.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Albert
    Participant

We encountered that Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus when activated, cause Follow-Up Emails to hang and not allow the creation and edit of emails with variables. It is definitely a clash with Event Tickets/Pro as it does the same in all themes every time I activate it.

Here is the original report to Woocommerce Support.

“We are looking at using Follow-Ups as a newsletter for our membership and Subscription plans (this will be our segmentation).
    I am having trouble creating manual emails as , as soon as i try to save the manual email with content it saves the email but the Variables column greys -out and the working icon keeps turning without stop – preventing further action.
    If i check the emails/Manual Emails tab, the emails is saved but not editable.
    If i change the template from Woocommerce to Responsive 1 Column the content added in the Visual editor disappears and is not send to a test email.”

Here is there answer for temporary workaround and suggestion that you be contacted:

“I will be happy to help you get this sorted out. But before we proceed, I would request you to get in touch with Modern Tribe support team and ask them to have a look at this. Since our plugin is working fine without Event Tickets plugin, the issue lies somewhere within their code.
    In the meantime, as a workaround, you can deactivate Event Tickets plugin temporarily, make changes to the templates as needed and reactivate the plugin again.”

I will appreciate it if you could look at the cause of the conflict as the workaround is not really a solution to a live site.

Gergana
    Participant

Hi Modern Tribe team, Albert,

I can confirm the same error which you are reporting also with the same situation with the Follow up emails and TEC ET ET+. I haven’t dig inside of it, but I see that other people are expiriencing this one. So we are two with the same issue.

Cliff

Hi Albert and Gergana.

Thanks for your detailed report here.

Gergana, please create your own separate ticket detailing your individual issue (even if it is the same, it’ll allow us to handle each user’s issue separately).

Albert (and Gergana in your own thread), please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see while in the Follow-Up Emails pages you are having issues with or any other of your site’s pages relevant to this ticket.

Albert
    Participant

Hi Cliff

I did enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG, but no error messages is showing up.

The problem is still persisting and during Manual Emails editing, the Variables widget is still hanging and preventing its use.

Albert
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

This reply is private.

Albert
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

This reply is private.

Cliff

I haven’t heard back from you, but I thought I’d check in to let you know we made some progress in another thread.

Please review the information at https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/purchase-of-event-ticket-not-triggering-follow-up-email-campaign-2/#post-1259886 and following in that thread and let me know if your own findings differ.

Thank you.

Albert
    Participant

Hi Cliff

The FUE Team send me a Version 5.0 RC3 pre-release to test and it does solve
    the problem. Much improved version. It is unfortunately not corrected in the
    current Version 4 update but I can work with the Pre-release.

Cliff

Excellent. I’m glad to hear that. Thanks for the update!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Conflict with Follow-Up Emails’ is closed to new replies.