Problem with Event Tickets Plus & WooCommerce Members Discounts Pt. II

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Problem with Event Tickets Plus & WooCommerce Members Discounts Pt. II

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    James Rosnack
    Participant

This is a continuation of the original pst regarding this issue which was closed:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/problem-with-event-tickets-plus-woocommerce-members-discounts/#post-1153873

If you read that thread you will see that there is a bug in the plugin that causes a conflict with WooCommerce Memberships and forces ticket prices to automatically take the membership discount off any price.

I waited a long time on this fix, and while Im still waiting on a bug fix from the WooCommerce team, I finally had to move on to other projects and hope this would sort itself out. Well, I can back, updated the plugins and found that it isnt 100% fixed.

The back end is working ok now, it does not automatically show the discounts, but the front end still does.

If you look at the attached screenshot, or at this link:
    http://naidevsite1.us/?tribe_events=aps-temp-tix-ii

You can see that even though I am not logged in to the site, the main info for the event is showing me a price that includes the 20% membership discount, yet down at the bottom in the ticket info, it clearly shows $50. So the bug is still there on the front end of the site.

it seems to stay stable on the back end and in WooCommerce the event continues to show as a simple product and remains $50, so far as I can tell, the only remaining problem is the front end display.

So I have agreed to get this site live by December 1st. Is this possible to fix before then or am I in for another wait?

Geoff B.

Good afternoon James and welcome back!

First of all I am very sorry to hear that this bug is haunting you and crept back in.

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

I went ahead and read the other thread, but it looks like the piece of code provided by colleague Nico disappeared somehow. The reason I am mentioning this is that I cannot compare it to the following snippet: https://git.io/voBAD

I apologize if that is the same snippet. But, last I checked this fixed the very issue you are bringing up. If it does not, would you mind sharing your latest system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

This way I’ll be able to match the versions you are using.

As a side note, since you last contacted us, we did fully audit WooCommerce Memberships in order to provide better integration. It is too early to commit to any release date, but did add this to our roadmap since it is such a popular plugin.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

James Rosnack
    Participant

Hi Geoff, the original snippet was a while back, the most recent plugin updates were supposed to have fixed the bug completely. So the problem is more recent, since the last update. You did remind me I had an old snippet in the funtions.php and I went back and removed it but that didn’t help the situation. the front end is still showing a 20% discount even though I am not logged in as a member.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon James,

Sorry for the delay in replying.
    Somehow this thread was marked “waiting for user feedback” which meant it did not received the attention it deserved.

Let me inquire about an alternate solution for you (since this one seems to be broken) and get back to you shortly.

Hang in there!

Best regards,

Geoff B.

James Rosnack
    Participant

Thanking You!

Geoff B.

Good afternoon James,

I went ahead and ran a bunch of tests on my end with:

1. The latest version of our plugins
    2. With and without the code snippet
    3. WooCommerce 2.6.8
    4. WooCommerce Memberships 1.5.4

In all instances I was unfortunately unable to reproduce the bug.

This leads me to believe that the issue might be coming from somewhere else.
    I would like to help you find out what is causing this.

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Secondly, could you please send me a copy of the latest version of your WordPress theme / child theme via a link to a .zip file link (stored Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ? I recommend a private reply for that purpose.

Please ensure you are using the latest files as found on your actual website.
    This way I will get access to any updates or customizations you might have made.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

James Rosnack
    Participant

This reply is private.

James Rosnack
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by James Rosnack.
    Geoff B.

This reply is private.

James Rosnack
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by James Rosnack.
    James Rosnack
    Participant

This is getting so frustrating. So I updated te memberships before like instructed and posted that it didn’t change the discounted price. I did not, however, add a new event. Having tested this just now, it is not giving ANY discount to ANYONE whatso ever. Ack. I cant get this to work for the life of me and its be months!!!

I disabled all plugins and removed all custom functions, nothing fixed this problem

Geoff B.

Good morning James,

Sorry for the delay answering. I really wanted to dig deep on this one after the weekend.
    I totally understand how frustrating this must be. Yikes!

Thanks to the access you provided, I was able to do just that .

While doing so, I have found a couple of interesting things:

1. I was finally able to reproduce the issue! You are right, the snippet no longer corrects the discount provided by the WooCommerce
    2. The issue seems to be very specific to % based discounts ($ based seems to work great – until some % based is thrown into the mix)

With that in mind, I will be able to present a case to Dev that they can reproduce and hopefully fix ASAP.

In the meantime, the only “workaround” would be to hide the tribe-events-cost span using CSS altogether. But I realize this is not much of a solution.

Hang in there as our coding ninjas try to tackle this one.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

James Rosnack
    Participant

hooray! Im not completely crazy lol. So I have a launch date of Dec. 11th. What’s the chances of a fix before then?

Geoff B.

Good afternoon James,

As promised, I ask our code ninjas to take a look at the issue with % based discounts versus the tribe-event-cost.

Full disclosure, they already have quite a full plate between the upcoming maintenance and feature releases, I do not think the odds of the fix being issued in time for your launch are really good unfortunately.

With that in mind, the good news is that I did receive confirmation that the snippet that tackles $ based discounts could be tweaked to handle % based discounts as well.

I wish I had a better answer for you, but for now it’s the best one I have.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

James Rosnack
    Participant

Any updates on this? I have 2 sites that offer a % discount to memberships and neither work. Needless to say I’ve taken a lot of flak from the site owners because of this and have patiently waited for a resolution that never comes.

Having said that I hope I dont have to pay for a renewal since most of my time has been sitting around waiting.

In the meantime, is there ANY way I can get it to work on a % and not on the $ discount? Honestly, Im ready to just dump it all and find something else. this has been a very frustrating several months.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘Problem with Event Tickets Plus & WooCommerce Members Discounts Pt. II’ is closed to new replies.