Pre-sales tickets ?? Reply #post-1322918

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Pre-sales tickets ?? Reply #post-1322918

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Richard

Hi Caroline,

Is it possible to test what you said in your previous reply with demo version in order to see if that can match with our need ?
    When do you think that full ticketing support will be available for recurring events ?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Richard.

Caroline

Hi Richard,

Thanks for taking the time to follow up here! We don’t offer any demo or trial versions of our products at this time–rather than rely on restrictive methods such as feature-limited trial downloads, we’ve chosen to instead provide a full 30-day refund policy for all of our plugins. Feel free to deploy the full versions of our products on your site and test the complete range of features at your disposal! Should you encounter any issues, you’ll have ready access to our premium support services, and we’ll be glad to process a refund for any reason within your 30-day trial should you decide our plugins aren’t right for you.

Regarding full support for ticketing recurring events, I’m afraid that I’m not able to provide any kind of accurate timeline for when this feature might become available. I can assure you that this feature is in great demand, and our development team is hard at work on crafting a solid implementation for these users–we hope you’ll agree that a solid and bug-free feature addition is well worth the wait! πŸ™‚

I hope that helps to answer your questions here! Thanks again, and let me know if there’s anything else that I can do to assist!

Richard

Hi Caroline,

Ok i think we will try your plugins, but just a few questions regarding our needs to date with our current plugin:

We have classical classes where each student registered at the school (user) can reserve a place free of charge by the calendar when connected as user (its booking date are displayed in it account page). He can also cancel his booking (booking and cancellation do not need confirmation from the teacher). Before the course the teacher can see the list of students who have reserved and can add or cancel reservations. These courses are reccuring but it must be possible to cancel certain course dates.
    Is it possible to put in the same calendar these events (above) with the paid courses that we evoked in the previous messages?
    For the paid events we have unique url for each event, so when a student buys a ticket, is it possible to automatically send this single url with its instructions in the confirmation email when purchasing, This url must not be visible in the website only in the email ?

Thanks for your help,

Best regards,

Richard.

Caroline

Hi Richard,

Thanks for replying–it sounds like your needs are a bit complicated here, so I want to make sure that I’m understanding you correctly! Does this sound like an accurate summary of your needs as stated above?

• Calendars will be populated by a number of recurring events
    • Some recurring events will have tickets available for purchase
    • Other recurring events may include the option to place a reservation (free of charge)
    • Users who make free reservations should be able to change or cancel their own reservations
    • Teachers should be able to view, modify, or cancel reservations that have been made by student users
    • Users should be able to cancel certain dates within a series of events

At the moment, the only way to accurately collect RSVPs (for free reservations) or sell tickets for events within a recurring event series would be to create the event series, split each date off from the series into its own event, and create a separate RSVP or ticket for each event date. Alternatively, you could create a single event for the first date in your series, create a ticket for that event, then duplicate the post using a third-party post duplication plugin and make any needed changes to each duplicate. If you’re able to use one of these methods for handling your events and ticketing, you may be able to address some of the other points without needing to delve into plugin customization.

The following things can definitely be achieved “out of the box” using one or more of our plugins:

• Free reservations (RSVPs) for logged-in users (Event Tickets)
    • Logged-in users can make changes to their RSVPs (Event Tickets Plus)
    • Administrators can make changes to users’ RSVPs (Event Tickets/Event Tickets Plus)
    • Administrators can see a list of users who have registered for a given event (Event Tickets/Event Tickets Plus)

These requests may require customizations to achieve and would not be directly supported by us here in the forums:

• Non-administrator user roles making changes to users’ RSVPs
    • Unique link sent to each user after purchasing a ticket or placing a free reservation

I hope that helps–let me know if you should have any other questions or if I’ve missed anything in my reply here! πŸ™‚ Cheers, and thanks again!

Richard

Hi Caroline,

Thanks for replying, i think there is one point i need to precise concerning url which is unique for each event.

I see that there is an EventURL default field in each event data, so does that’s mean that in a recurring event each event date can have its own url ?

Is it possible to send reminder email to user who have booked an event sometime before this event date and including this url. Can the email reminder of each event be customized?

Cheers, and thanks again for your help!

Richard.

Caroline

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the bit of extra clarification here! Yes, each date within a recurring event series does have its own unique URL. However, our plugins do not support reminder emails for upcoming events at this time–only confirmation emails will be sent when tickets are purchased. That said, you can customize these emails as desired by using the template referenced in our Themer’s Guide! You’ll want to use the template file located atΒ /wp-content/plugins/event-tickets/src/views/tickets/email.php in your WordPress directory.

I hope that helps! Thanks again, and let me know if you should have any other questions! πŸ™‚

Richard

Hi Caroline,

Thanks, i think we are close to the solution, i summarize, there are 2 cases:

1)
    – A user or visitor can buy several coupons and then book on the calendar.
    A purchase confirmation email is sent without any URL corresponding to an event since no event is reserved.
    – When this user buys an event with this coupon, so for free, he receives an email containing the url of this event.

2)
    – A user or visitor buys a single ticket for a given event, he / she receives an email containing the URL of that event.

NB: The url of the event must not appear on the website, it is only transmitted by email when booking.

Is this right ?

This leads me to a question:

In our calendar we will have different types of event, can we assign coupons to only one type of event?
    For example if we have 2 types of courses in our calendar: course1 and course2, there will be 2 products (in the woocommerce platform).
    By purchasing the course1 one gets exclusively coupons for booking course1 in the calendar and no other.
    By purchasing the course2 one gets exclusively coupons for booking course2 in the calendar and no other.

Is that possible?

Thanks for your help,

Richard.

Caroline

Hi Richard,

Thanks for following up! Since coupons must be generated with WooCommerce to be used on ticket purchases, you can specify the exact products for which a given course can be used. You can learn more about creating coupons with WooCommerce on their documentation here:

https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/coupon-management/

I hope that helps! Thanks again, and let us know if you should have any other questions!

Richard

That’s help thanks, but finally in the basic version of woocommerce I did not see the possibility of creating coupons when selling a product (our way to create ticket books). I think it needs a plugin for that. Is that right?

Richard

Hi Caroline,

That’s help thanks, but finally in the basic version of woocommerce I did not see the possibility of creating coupons when selling a product (our way to create ticket books). I think it needs a plugin for that. Is that right?

Cheers, and thank you again for your help!

Richard.

Caroline

Hi Richard,

Glad to hear that I could help! If you’re not seeing the option to create coupons in WooCommerce, you may need to enable the use of coupons from your WooCommerce plugin settings. You’ll find instructions on how to do that on the WooCommerce documentation linked previously:

https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/coupon-management/

Once you’ve enabled the setting, you should see the Coupons page appear beneath the WooCommerce heading in your WordPress sidebar.

Thanks again, and let us know if there’s anything else that we can do to assist!

Richard

Hi Caroline,

I know how to activate the coupons, in fact I think I was not very clear in my question. If you remember, to create ticket books we saw that we could create a product that would allow the customer to get coupons that would allow him to book paying courses later on the calendar.
    Unless I’m mistaken, woocommerce can actually create coupons, so that future customers can use them. But I did not see the functionality that would insert coupons into a product (woocommerce). I think you need to program this feature or use another plugin that allows you to add coupons to a product. So when a customer buys this product he gets 1 or more coupons that he can use to book courses.
    This has nothing to do with your plugin “the events calendar”, although it will add some features, but do you know a good plugin to insert coupons into a product (woocommerce)?

Thanks,

Richard.

Caroline

Hi Richard,

Thanks for providing some extra clarification here–and so sorry for the misunderstanding! It looks like the Smart Coupons extension for WooCommerce would likely be the best and easiest way to automatically generate coupons when a specific product is purchased. You can learn more about this extension on its product page here:

https://woocommerce.com/products/smart-coupons/

I hope that helps! Thanks again, and let me know if you should have any other questions!

Richard
    Participant

Hi Caroline,
    Fine, we are trying your plugins the event calendar pro and tickets pro. We have some questions…

Our goal is to limit the booking to only one ticket per person for each event. How can we do that, we have not seen an option to do that ?

How can I limit the registration of a free event (RSVP) to registered users only?
    And for free events (RSVP) we do not need to re-request the email and the name since they are already registered. However, by default, this information is requested. How to do ?

Thanks,
    Richard

Caroline

Hi Richard,

Happy to hear that you’re giving Events Calendar PRO and Event Tickets Plus a try with your setup! πŸ™‚ While there’s no built-in way to limit RSVPs or ticket sales to one per person at this time, you may be able to achieve this effect with a template customization–simply set the default ticket quantity to a value of “1”, then hide or disable the quantity field in code. You can learn more about template customizations and other behavior modifications for our plugins on our Themer’s Guide:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

If you’d like to limit registration to registered users only, happily, this feature is provided as a built-in option in your plugin settings. You’ll find these options under the Login requirements heading:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/configuring-event-tickets/

When logged-in users RSVP to one of your events, their names and email addresses will be filled in automatically, so you shouldn’t need to worry about users being prompted to enter this information multiple times. These fields are still requested in case a user would like to RSVP with another name or email address–if you’d like to remove them entirely, I’d suggest exploring some ways to hide the fields using the template provided in the above Themer’s Guide. πŸ™‚

Thanks again, and let me know if you should have any other questions!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘Pre-sales tickets ?? Reply #post-1322918’ is closed to new replies.