Help Desk

One Calendar, multiple sites

Hi there. I have a number of local blogs here in Seattle. Each blog is based in a city. Here is my question: Is there a way to have one site where I enter the events and somehow propagate the appropriate events (based on the city, ZIP or something) to the correct website. I am looking for a way to have a “master” events website feeding the lower city blog sites. Each of the city blog sites have their own domain.

Thanks for any help.

S

Hi Sean,

Thanks for checking out our plugins!

There is not currently an automated way to “send” events from one website to another. Event Aggregator will let you schedule automatic imports from sites like Facebook, Meetup, or a Google calendar, so if you wanted to use one of those sources as your “master” calendar, that may be your best bet.

I would recommend taking a look at the following articles for more info on how Event Aggregator works and some of the options that are available with it:

Managing Your Scheduled Imports in Event Aggregator

Event Aggregator Import Settings

How Do Event Aggregator’s Import Limits Work?

Importing Events from a Feed or URL

There are some built-in export options with The Events Calendar, and several of our users use WP All Export/Import with events. Their Pro version does allow scheduling, so that might be a solution for you as well.

We do offer full refunds within 30 days of purchase, so if you’d like to test Event Aggregator out, feel free to do so! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Also, another question is: Do I need to be a page admin to pull Facebook events from a page? For instance, if there is a page for https://www.facebook.com/pg/PortlandEvents/events/ on Facebook (which there isn’t), would Event Agregator be able to automatically pull the events from that page?

Hi Sean,

You do not need to be a page admin to pull events, but the page or group does need to be public for Event Aggregator to be able to access the events. For events on an individual user’s page, the events themselves need to be public.

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

The topic ‘One Calendar, multiple sites’ is closed to new replies.