Help Desk

Not seeing "Product" as a post type in settings

Greetings,

I have WooCommerce installed but am not seeing “Product” as a custom post type under settings. Should I see that as an option?

Thanks,
    – Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for reaching out!

We do not include “Products” as an option by default, as users were reporting some issues adding tickets to products in the past. Tickets¬†are WooCommerce products themselves.

If you would like to add this option back in, you can do so using the snippet in this post. However, please note that we are not able to support customizations like this, so any issues that you may run into with adding tickets to products would be outside the scope of support that we can provide here in the forums.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Ah .. I understand now. In some of the screenshots I’ve seen the ability to “Add Events”. I’m assuming I’ll need the events calendar plugin to get that?

Yes, Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus do not require The Events Calendar¬†to work, but that is where all the event management functionality comes from. It’s free, so I would definitely recommend installing it on a staging site to test it out!

I’d also recommend the following articles, which have a lot of good info on getting up and running with our plugins:

New User Primer: Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus

Settings Overview: Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus

Managing Your Orders and Attendees

Moving Tickets

New User Primer: The Events Calendar and Events Calendar Pro

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

The topic ‘Not seeing "Product" as a post type in settings’ is closed to new replies.