Help Desk

Add ticket to WooCommerce Product

I recently purchased Event Tickets Plus. I would like to create “events” as products in WooCommerce in order to take advantage of other WooCommerce plugins, especially Tab Manager — I want to add other information tabs, i.e. agenda, etc. However, the Tickets option is not available on a Product page — nor is it an option in the Events/Settings/Tickets checklist. “Tabs” becomes an option when I activate Woo Tab Manager, but it doesn’t seem to make any difference. I can’t add a ticket to a tab either. I thought I read that you could add tickets to products just like you can add a ticket to a page or post (or event).

Howdy Mary,

Welcome to our support forums and thanks for reaching out to us!

This was indeed possible at first, but we received reports of customers having problems with so we decided to disable it. That being said, you can bypass this exclusion by adding the following snippet to your theme’s (or child theme’s) functions.php file :

/* Tribe, allow products to be an option to add ticket to in 'Events > Tickets > Settings' */
    /* WARNING: this brought issues to customers in the past, so activate at your own risk */
    if ( class_exists('Tribe__Tickets_Plus__Commerce__WooCommerce__Main') ) {
    	remove_filter( 'tribe_tickets_settings_post_types', array( Tribe__Tickets_Plus__Commerce__WooCommerce__Main::get_instance(), 'exclude_product_post_type' ) );
    }

I just gave this a quick test (outlined below) and it seems to work as expected with the exception of the ‘view your tickets’ functionality which you can disable with the following CSS:

.single-product .tribe-link-tickets-message {
    	display: none;
    }

Test:

• Include the snippet and enable tickets for products
    • Create a new product in WooCommerce
    • Add a WooCommerce ticket to the product (leaving all fields blank but the title)
    • On the front-end make a purchase
    • Verified tickets and tickets email are working as expected
    • Verified attendees report is correct
    • Verified the ‘View your tickets link’ inserted in the product page after purchase is not working

Feel free to use this but please note this is an unsupported use of the plugin, so we won’t be able to provide any fixes for the parts that are not working. Also be sure to do a more complete test before deciding to use it!

One last thing if you recall reading this was possible please point me to the place where it’s indicated so I can amend that!

Have a great weekend,
    Nico

Thanks, Nico
    It works well as you’ve described for the main tab (description). But even though “tabs” shows up in the Events/Settings/Tickets options and I enabled it, it doesn’t seem to work for there (Woo Tab Manager enabled). Tickets screen option doesn’t show up. Likely beyond the scope of support?
    Mary

Thanks for following up Mary!

Well, not sure how the tabs manager work but I guess enabling ‘tickets for tabs post type’ won’t make it work as you need (in that case the tickets would be added to the tab and will be the same for all products using that specific tab). By default tickets are appended to the_content that’s why the form shows in the description tab.

If I understand this correctly you want the tickets to show in a ‘Tickets’ tab within the product page (and not display in the description)? Maybe it’s possible to craft a shortcode to show the tickets form, Are you able to define the tab content per product or is the tab content the same for all products using it?

Please let me know if this is the case and I’ll try to find a workaround,
    Best,
    Nico

PS: yeah this is a bit out of the scope of support we can provide, but I can give this a try 😉

Hi Nico,
    Yes that is what I want to do — however, at this point don’t spend time on trying to make it work for me. Problem with setting things up this way in WooCommerce is that “attendee” reports are not available — just orders.
    Although I think it’s a pretty good product, in the end I’m not getting Event Tickets Plus to work for me the way I want it to. My registration form requires quite a bit of conditional logic and calculations. I’m back to Gravity Forms and will request a refund for Event Tickets Plus.
    Thanks for your help!

Hey Mary,

I’m sorry to hear about this 🙁 but hope you can find the right solution for your project 🙂

I’ve processed the refund already, you should see the funds back into your account in 5-10 days.

I’ll go ahead and close out this thread.

Have a great weekend,
    Nico