Multisite or Business License for Events Calendar Pro

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Multisite or Business License for Events Calendar Pro

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Michael

We are redeveloping the Wine BC website and have set them up as a WordPress Multisite in which they have a ‘Consumer’ site and an ‘Industry’ site. Both require the use of the Events Calendar Pro plugin.

Question: Do they have to purchase the Multisite license ($349) when they are only having 2 sites in their Multisite network… or can they purchase the Business License ($149) which allows for up to 3 sites to use the calendar?

If they are able to purchase the Business License, I assume that instead of Network Activating the plugin, we would just activate the plugin separately for both sites?

Please advise.

Thanks!

Cliff

Hi, Michael. Thanks for your interest in our plugin suite.

Yes, you can buy the Business level license. Just know that you will see wp-admin notices when an update is available, but you won’t be able to actually receive/install the update. You’ll need to perform updates manually: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/manual-updates/

Last but not least, we have a pretty great Refund Policy so you can buy one or many of our add-ons and thoroughly test them.

I hope this info helps. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Michael

Hi Cliff

Are manually updates required because of it being a business level license… or because it’s a business level license in conjunction with my client’s site being a WordPress multisite?

Would the update process be different if the multisite license was purchased?

I’m just concerned that the manual update process will be too much for the client to handle. I’d prefer for the plugin to be able to be updated completely through the dashboard without having to download the newest plugin files, or FTPing.

Please advise.
    Thanks!

Michael

Hi. Just touching base as I haven’t heard back yet. Here’s what I previously wrote…

Are manual updates required because of it being a business level license… or because it’s a business level license in conjunction with my client’s site being a WordPress multisite?

Would the update process be different if the multisite license was purchased?

I’m just concerned that the manual update process will be too much for the client to handle. I’d prefer for the plugin to be able to be updated completely through the dashboard without having to download the newest plugin files, or FTPing.

Please advise.
    Thanks!

Michael

Just spoke with the client and I need to add to my previous post. I will summarize everything so far and combine into my message here…

What we are interested in:
    1. My client Wine BC is interested in The The Events Calendar Pro to add events to their site.
    2. They also want wineries throughout the province to be able to add their own events into the Event Calendar on the public front-end of the site, which won’t be displayed until approved.

The website:
    1. The website is a WordPress MultiSite which only has 2 sites, one is their ‘Consumer’ site and the other an ‘Industry’ site.
    2. The Calendar will be used on both sites, on one page each.

What we are looking at purchasing:
    1. It appears that we need to purchase The Events Calendar Pro as well as the Community Events Add-on
    2. We’re going with the Pro Calendar because of the different views offered.
    3. We’re going with the Community Events Add-on because it appears to offer the functionality we need to allow wineries to add their own events through the front-end of the site.

QUESTIONS
    We see that the “Ultimate Bundle” includes both “The Events Calendar Pro” and the “Community Events”. Because we have a WordPress Multisite and the calendar needs to be on both sites, it looks like the cost is $829.

Q #1) We really just need “The Events Calendar Pro” and the “Community Events” for 2 sites in a MultiSite environment. Is there a way we can customize the Bundle so we’re not paying for all the additional features that we don’t need?

Q #2) Am I correct in my assumption that events submitted on the public front-end of the site by non-Wine BC admins, will be held for review and not displayed on the calendar until approved by Wine BC?

Q #3) When Cliff wrote me back he mentioned that if we purchased the Business License of the Calendar that the update process would have to be manual. Is this because of using the business licensed plugin on a multisite… or is the manual process always required when on a multisite?

========

Can you get back to me in regards to the Calendar with the Community Events add-on doing what I mention above, as well as pricing and the manual vs ‘automatic’ update process.

========

Thanks very much!
    – Michael

Cliff

Yes.

A multisite-level license would enable automatic updates in a multisite environment and has a few network-level settings.

A business-level license has automatic updates in a non-multisite environment.

You can see all the details at https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/multisite-license/

Michael

Hi Cliff.

1) Please see the post I just did. It’s important I get that info answered for my client.

2) Please correct me if I’m wrong but you mentioned “A business-level license has automatic updates in a non-multisite environment.”… Don’t you mean “manual updates” in a non-multisite environment? I’m confused.

Cliff

We’re going with the Community Events Add-on because it appears to offer the functionality we need to allow wineries to add their own events through the front-end of the site.

This is correct.

===

We don’t have a bundle or discount for just PRO + Community Events (CE). Occasionally we can create a custom bundle when purchasing 3+ products.

Note that bundle pricing is for the initial purchase. All products renew at their then-current pricing (i.e. there are no renewal discounts or grandfathered prices).

You could buy the Business License for PRO and CE for $149 + $149 = $298.

===

Yes, you can hold CE submissions in review before publishing. Please see https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/new-user-primer-community-events/ for an intro to CE.

Michael

Thanks Cliff!

So, please correct me if I’m wrong…

1) If we want the Automatic Updates (not the manual updates) we would need to purchase the Multisite licences for both the “Events Calendar Pro” plugin and the “Community Events” plugin add-on.
    – Correct?

If so, the non-bundle pricing for the multisite licenses would be as follows:
    The Events Calendar Pro – Multisite License: $349 USD (1yr)
    Community Events – Multisite License: $349 USD (1yr)
    – Correct?

2) If we were okay with the manual update process, then as you mention we could “buy the Business License for PRO and CE for $149 + $149 = $298 USD”
    – Correct?

Please advise Cliff.
    I’ll get this to our client right away

Thanks again!
    – Michael

Cliff

You’ve got it!

I agree the multisite auto-update issue for your situation is a doozie… but, to be honest, I’m not 100% sure if it’s on purpose (business decision) or considered a bug that’s just been outstanding for months or longer. So, while I’m sympathetic to your situation, I wanted to be up-front with you about how it’d work once implemented for your client.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Michael

Thanks Cliff.

I’ll get this info off to the client.

• Michael
    Cliff

Thanks for the update. Have a good weekend.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Multisite or Business License for Events Calendar Pro’ is closed to new replies.