Multiple calendars displays with different default filters/categories

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Multiple calendars displays with different default filters/categories

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Justin

I am building a custom wordpress site and I want to make sure I can have the calendar on different pages and have it display different information. Presumably there is only one master set of events but with categories or other meta data, can I create different views where different categories are preselected.

Imagine a site for a multi-office organization.
    Each office has a unique page and subpages.
    One subpage for each location may have a calendar view.
    That calendar page would by default have only certain categories enabled.
    It is okay if the user can enable more categories.

This would allow each of the organization offices to have events at multiple real locations and only list the events for their office that might take place at many different real locations.

Cliff

Hi. Our plugin creates one master calendar, but you can create the appearance of multiple calendars by using Event Categories.

Examples:

There are additional methods and documentation at our Can You Have Multiple Calendars? KB article.

If you want your site users (not the typical Administrator, Editor, Author users) to be able to create new events, you might be interested in our Community Events add-on.

Our PRO add-on has many features, but one that you sound interested in is enabling Venue pages, such as http://wpshindig.com/venue/information-cultural-exchange/

You could use one of our plugin’s widgets or shortcodes to display our plugin’s content throughout your site.

If you’re interested in buying multiple add-ons, you may be interested in one of our discounted Bundles.

Last but not least, we have a pretty great Refund Policy so you can buy one or many of our add-ons and thoroughly test them.

I hope this info helps. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Multiple calendars displays with different default filters/categories’ is closed to new replies.