Mobile Calender View – No Summary Shown

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Mobile Calender View – No Summary Shown

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Amin
    Participant

Hey Guys,

Just following up from this support post I’m hoping now that I have the PRO version I can get this issue fixed quickly.

I also posted the bug here

Thanks,
    AA

Geoff B.

Good evening Amin and welcome to the Events Calendar support forum!

We will be glad to assist you in resolving your issues.

Just following up from this support post I’m hoping now that I have the PRO version I can get this issue fixed quickly.

As you established previously, there seems to be a theme conflict going on.

Based on the error message you received, it looks like your theme contains some customizations related to the Events Calendar.

Just to set expectations, officially we do not support template customizations as per our terms and conditions. That being said, we still try to point our customers in the right direction so that they can get started in achieving what they are looking for.

With that in mind, I believe these customizations were made a while ago, which explains why some things are buggy. Before doing anything else I would strongly suggest reading our Themer’s guide to get a better sense of how customizations should work.

Just out curiosity, can you tell me if these customizations were built-in in the WordPress theme you are using ? If that’s the case, I would first verify if an update is available for that theme.

If you feel up for the challenge, you might also want to compare the function calls to our function archive.

Finally, could you please provide us with your system information in a private reply please ?

Have a great day,

Geoff B.

Amin
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening Amin,

Thank you for providing the system information.

One thing I did notice (not related to the issue at end) is that your <b>the Events Calendar Pro</b> would require an update (we released a security patch last week) we are now at version 4.0.5

Looking on the events page now I can see that the dots have now gone.

I am not sure what you mean by the “dots” are gone, but I am guessing you can no longer even see the dots that were used to navigate to the events.

As you know, we cannot debug your customization in the scope of our support forums.
    At best, we try to get you pointed in the right direction.

This leaves you with 2 options:

• Hire one of our recommended customizers to fix the customization
    • Manually removing the customizations from your theme. It won’t be the same but at least it will work.

I wish I had a better answer for you, but for now it’s the best one I have.

Is there anything else I can help you with ?

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Amin
    Participant

Thanks Geoff,

The dots are those that show on a mobile device or when I make my browser smaller.

Where could I find these customizations within the theme?

Best,
    AA

Geoff B.

Good evening Amin,

Thank you for your reply.

You should find the customizations under the /tribe-events folder of your WordPress theme as well as in the functions.php of the theme.

If you haven’t already, reading the following article will prove helpful to figure out how this works: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide

Have a great weekend and let me know if you need help with removing the customizations.

Geoff B.

Amin
    Participant

Hey George,

I have deleted the /tribe-events folder and also removed any customizations in functions.php but still no change.

Are there any scripyts within themes that generally cause this I should be looking for?

Thanks

Geoff B.

Good evening Amin,

Hmmm, this is really odd.
    Normally there should not be any extra scripts there, but then again I can’t speak for that theme’s author.

However, I would make sure to empty your cache totally since you are using W3 Total cache.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Amin
    Participant

Well at least I’m not the only one puzzled! 🙂

I’ve cleared the cache several times and again now for good measure but no luck.

This is becoming quite an issue now as the site is getting more and more hits and I really don’t want to pay more after already buying the plugin.

Are you able to liaise with one of your colleagues and perhaps they’ve come across such an issue before?

Thanks

Geoff B.

Good evening Amin,

Thank you for trying the Cache route out. I am sorry that it did not help out.

This is becoming quite an issue now as the site is getting more and more hits and I really don’t want to pay more after already buying the plugin.

I agree with you. You shouldn’t have to pay more than you already have.
    That being said, as you know, there is a limit to how much we can do to support the bugs that arise as part of customization or WordPress template conflict.

What is going on is that the ::after section that contains the mobile navigation dot is not even being generated in the HTML of your site. This is usually paired with the mobile breakpoint (768px).

This makes me think that there might be some function interfering with the breakpoint in the functions.php file of your theme.
    You can read about the breakpoint here.

There are 2 other things I would like you to explore:

1. Can you tell me what page template is being used under Events -> Settings -> Display ?
    2. Can you switch the Default stylesheet used for events templates setting in Events -> Settings -> Display  to Tribe Events Styles and see if that helps making the navigation dot appear ?

Finally, the other thing I would look at is any filter functions found in functions.php of your theme. Especially the ones being applied to the_content.
    I have a hunch removal of these filters might be your ticket out.

Let me know how that goes.

Have a great evening!

Geoff B.

Amin
    Participant

Thanks for your time on this Geoff

Can you tell me what page template is being used under Events -> Settings -> Display ?
    Can you switch the Default stylesheet used for events templates setting in Events -> Settings -> Display to Tribe Events Styles and see if that helps making the navigation dot appear ?

I was using Full styles and now switched to Tribe Events Styles – still no luck!

I have removed all functions with the_content from the functions.php file – still no luck!! :/

I did implement:

add_filter( 'tribe_events_kill_responsive', '__return_true'); to kill responsiveness which worked but doesn’t display well at all so I have now removed this.

Shall I try a magic wand and see if that works?! 🙂

Geoff B.

Good evening Amin,

I am sorry to hear that these efforts did not yield more success on your end 🙁

At this point, based on our support policy we are out of options unfortunately.
    What seems to be certain is that the answer resides in your functions.php file or in a call being made from that file.

I know it’s not fun, but if I were you, I would literally try to remove one function at a time in that file and test the site until I find the culprit.
    Event if it looks like it’s unrelated.

Is there anything else I can help you with ?

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Amin
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Amin,

As I said, there is no solution but trial and error at this point.

Here are the first ones I would try to remove:

• Breadcrumb related lines
    • Responsive related lines
    • Duplicate related lines (filter callback)
    • Action callback: Output common meta for listings
    • Get relative width for current block
    • //Remove Query string of css/js files
    • //parsing

The other files that can have an impact are archive.php and single.php of your theme.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Amin
    Participant

Hey Geoff,

I’ve gone through the file but no luck.

When I delete the file or remove all the code the calender works fine however the rest of the site doesn’t work… as you can imagine.

I think I need to delete a combination of the lines/queries etc…

I’m going to look at the Customizers you suggested earlier and see what they can do.
    Thanks,
    Amin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Mobile Calender View – No Summary Shown’ is closed to new replies.