Looking into event plugin for a client site.

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Looking into event plugin for a client site.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Paal Joachim Romdahl

Hey

I am looking into an event plugin for a client a culture house here in Oslo, Norway.
    The front page shows two different event types. Cultural and below that movie screenings.

Forside

There is an event page for cultural activities. Where the newest should show up in the top and the older could then cycle through to the bottom. As a circle with the newest in the top for a season. Meaning all events for the season would be seen on a page. It should be so for culture events and movie screening events that each have their own page showing activity.

I would like to see a poster/image of the event and then date, synopsis etc.. All the events are then held in the same building.

Here is am example of the program page as it looks like today. I am looking into making it look a lot nicer.

Program

Btw I run easywebdesigntutorials.com and I might to a piece on The Events Calendar. I also do WP core work especially on these days focusing on the UI/UX of Gutenberg.

Paal Joachim

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Paal,

Thanks for checking out our plugins!

The easiest way to create separate events pages is by using categories. You can then use the shortcodes that come with Events Calendar Pro to display the categories on separate pages – based on your description of how you would like events to display, I think photo view would be your best bet (also a feature of Events Calendar Pro).

That’s awesome to hear that you are thinking about writing an article on The Events Calendar! If you would like any specific info from us, feel free to reach out at support @ theeventscalendar.com!

Regarding Pro, we do offer full refunds within 30 days of purchase, so if you’d like to take it for a test run, feel free to do so! Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Paal Joachim Romdahl

Heya Jennifer

1. I am also looking for sharing an event to Facebook.
    2. Showing past events in for instance fall 2017 events page.

It is possible to do the above things with the free or pro version?

Thank you!

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Paal,

None of our products will push events to Facebook (although you might look into a third-party plugin to share WordPress posts on Facebook). Event Aggregator previously imported events from Facebook, but due to recent changes in the Facebook API, this service is currently not available. We do have an application in with Facebook to get our access restored and hope to get this service back up and running soon (check out this page for updates)!

You can however show past events. The tribe_events shortcode that comes with Events Calendar Pro will let you set a date to start showing events from. Alternatively, you could use categories to as a shortcode parameter.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Looking into event plugin for a client site.’ is closed to new replies.