License issue, will not update

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO License issue, will not update

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    james
    Participant

I paid for event calendar pro a month or so ago, recently I started getting this message:

“The following plugins are out of date: Events Calendar PRO 3.11.1. All add-ons contain dependencies on The Events Calendar and will not function properly unless paired with the right version. Learn More.”

As far as I can see, no updates are available, I continuously enter my paid license key under: events – settings – license keys and click “save changes”.

But the key does not save, and I am going round in a circle. Please help.

Leah

Hi James,

Thanks for getting in touch. That sounds frustrating and I definitely want to get things sorted out for you!

First off, can you confirm what version of The Events Calendar you are running? Sometimes there can be strangeness with the license keys if the versions of core and PRO are different.

I think the best thing you can do to start is to manually update to Events Calendar PRO 3.12. You can download the file from your account’s Downloads page. Once you have the file, follow our tutorial to do a manual update. Once that’s done- and core and PRO are running matching versions- I’m hoping that you will then be able to successfully save your license key.

Thank you for your support and patience while we figure this out!

Best,

Leah

Josiah
    Participant

I had this same issue, was running 3.10 and the license key was not saving. I would enter it, save, would get an AJAX “success” but when I revisit the page, the key is gone and the auto update not available for the core pro plugin.

I just manually updated to 3.12. I attempted to save my license key, but the same issue persists.

Hosted at WPEngine – I run the Community Events addon and that does not exhibit the same behavior (license key is saved).

Leah

Hi James,

Can you please share your system information with us, as described here? That would help us troubleshoot this issue further. Thanks for your patience while we look into it!

Best,

Leah

George
    Participant

Just to second Leah’s comment here, can you both, in fact, share your System Information? Like Leah linked to, you can find out how to do this here → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Thanks!
    George

james
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

Hey James,

When you say “the same issue”, do you mean that no update notice is showing? If so, then now that is appropriate because your System Information shows that your Tribe plugins are all up-to-date.

Thank you for your patience here!

— George

Josiah
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

Thank you for sharing this information @colewebdev. I don’t see anything problematic outright with your plugins or anything, so in thinking about this I can really only boil it down to two possibilities (since I’ve tried on a few test sites now and do not have this issue):

1. There is a theme or plugin conflict preventing that license key from saving.

2. Something with WP Engine’s hosting platform is preventing the license from saving.

#2 seems unlikely, but as great as WP Engine is, their hosting environment configuration can cause some weird problems – and has in the past.

So to test for both of these things at once, I would recommend first running through our troubleshooting steps here → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/

After each step, check on the license-key saving issue again and see if it improves at any point along.

If not, then hypothesis #1 is ruled out, and then you can proceed with contacting WP Engine support – if you do this, be sure to point out all of this troubleshooting that you’ve already done.

Let me know what you think about all this! I’m sorry that the somewhat-tedious troubleshooting steps are the best option at this point, but I can’t recreate the problem and nobody on our team can either. This means there is something specific about the code and/or hosting configuration of your website at play here.

Thanks for your patience with all of this!

George

Josiah
    Participant

Bummer. Next time I perform maintenance for this client, I will try these steps.

George
    Participant

It’s indeed a bummer, and I’m sorry to have had to bear that bad news!

Keep us posted on things, and if you do these steps, let us know what you find.

Thank you,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘License issue, will not update’ is closed to new replies.