Let customers change their own tickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Let customers change their own tickets

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    David Hager
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m using Tribe Events PRO and Event tickets plus and I’m running into a problem.
    When I as an admin create an event with tickets and information fields and customers order those tickets, the user can’t edit the information they entered. on /event-name/tickets. The only one with those capabilities is the administrator who created the event/tickets in the first place.

I think it should be so that admins can change the information on all tickets, while users who bought tickets should be able to change their information.

The [tribe-user-event-confirmations] shortcode doesn’t return the correct information either.

This seems to be a bug. Could you please help me?

Thanks.

Cliff

Hi.

In our forums we keep our threads focused on just one issue at a time to ensure we fully answer each of your questions/issues. Please keep this in mind for the future. Thanks for your understanding.

1)

Are you asking for new functionality or reporting a bug here?

If requesting new functionality, please share your idea to https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/category/85258-event-tickets-events-tickets-plus

2)

I understand you’re thinking this shortcode has a bug in it.

That is the correct shortcode, and it’s working on my test site. Are you sure there are upcoming events the logged-in user is attending? Are you experiencing issues with a certain ticket type?

David Hager
    Participant

As you can see in the screenshots, the customer who bought the ticket can’t see or alter it(left screenshot: customer who bought ticket) and the admin who created the event has the tickets assigned to them(screenshot right, admin who made the event).

I made the event specifically for this test and the event was 3 days ahead in time.

Cliff

Sorry for my misunderstanding before. I tried to replicate this issue and wasn’t able to.

This isn’t currently a known issue so I’d suggest following these recommended troubleshooting steps for your own site:

Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Seventeen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

Of course, we always recommend restorable database and file backups before modifying anything on your site.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG (which will create a file on your server at /wp-content/debug.log if there are any WP_DEBUG messages) and share any debug messages you see while trying to replicate this issue and doing other things on your site relevant to this ticket (such as visiting your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and anything else you can think to do).

Then, please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts Mode) in a Private Reply. That will give me a lot of extra information to help troubleshoot this.

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Let us know what you find out. If it’s still not working for you, please share a screen capture video.

Thanks.

David Hager
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Thanks for all your effort and the details.

You said:

…it seems the admin who confirms the payment of an EDD order is assigned the tickets, not the customer.

Could you please confirm if the purchaser is a signed-in WordPress user or an anonymous purchaser?

David Hager
    Participant

Yes, I created a new user just to test this.

Cliff

Thanks for confirming.

I purchased an EDD ticket as a Subscriber and both [tribe-user-event-confirmations] and mysite-com/event/my-event-slug/tickets/ both were displaying the correct information.

Then, as an Administrator in EDD’s wp-admin settings, I looked at the order and it was already Complete.

These were my settings: https://cl.ly/2B1z0V1M3f13

If you use Test Payment (which I think then auto-completes the order), does the problem no longer happen?

David Hager
    Participant

Now we’re getting somewhere. Indeed, when using the test payment option, everything works.

On the client’s site we’re using the Easy Digital Downloads – Bank Transfer Gateway plugin, in order to switch to a separate bank-transfer functionality, instead of direct payment via Paypal/Creditcard.

(https://coder.flowdee.de/downloads/easy-digital-downloads-bank-transfer-gateway/)

With direct payment, the customer checks if the payment if confirmed himself, I guess that’s what’s happening here. This seems to be a bit strange, when thinking about order management.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by David Hager.
    Cliff

I’m unfamiliar with that gateway, but can you replicate the same thing with other gateways or just that one?

In wp-admin or in the database, when you click to Complete an order other than for a ticket, can you see the assigned author and/or the _tribe_tickets_attendee_user_id postmeta key’s value change?

David Hager
    Participant

The owner of the website wants to use it’s own invoice system for ticket payment, so we are kind of stuck with this gateway as far as we can see. It’s the only gateway I could find which doesn’t actually include a way of payment, but does include a way to manage the confirmation of order payment. (If you know another way to accomplish this, you’d be a hero! ;-))

I just checked what happens in the database:
    The order author remains to be the customer after confirming.
    After confirming the ticket is made and the ticket author is the admin who confirmed the payment.

The same happens when I create a download in EDD and order it, the order author is the customer, the EDD log of the order is attached to the admin.

Cliff

Sorry, I’m not the one to ask regarding EDD gateways. Their tech support might have a suggestion.

Could you contact the gateway’s tech support to ask about this happening, particularly for regular EDD downloads?

David Hager
    Participant

Hi Cliff,
    I understand.

So you’re saying that the Tribe software doesn’t deal with the proces of ordering and confirmation?

Could you tell me how the trigger of ticket creation works in this case, since by then the ticket is created in the user_id of the one who confirms. (Just like in EDD, the order_log)

Cliff

Please reference add_ticket_to_cart() from /wp-content/plugins/event-tickets-plus/src/Tribe/Commerce/EDD/Main.php

It uses edd_set_cart_item_quantity() or edd_add_to_cart()

Really, however an EDD item got into the cart, if it’s there and makes it through checkout to processing, it sure sounds like a bug in the gateway if it then alters the purchased item(s) by changing the author when moving from processing to completed.

Please let me know what you find out from them and if I can be of further assistance on this topic.

David Hager
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

I’ve asked both EDD and the Gateway creator if they know anything and they didn’t.
    They say that everything concerning ticket creation is within Tribe Events. (Which of course is true)

Attached to this post is a screenshot from the database, where you can see what happens.
    The first row is the EDD order with post_type ‘edd_payment’.
    The second row is the Tribe ticket with post_type ‘tribe_eddticket’

The post-author of the ticket is the admin(id 9) who confirmed the EDD order and not the customer(id 309).
    Since the check who owns the ticket is based on the post_author of the ticket post, the customer can’t reach it.

If the code that creates the tickets used the order author, this problem won’t occur.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • The topic ‘Let customers change their own tickets’ is closed to new replies.