Let customers change their own tickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Let customers change their own tickets

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Cliff

Thanks for your effort there.

In a Private Reply (which cannot be done via email), could you please provide a .zip of the latest version of that payment gateway, along with any special instructions or credentials for this specific gateway, so that our development team can take a look first-hand on their own testing site?

Thank you.

David Hager
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

Hey @atmedia,

Thanks so much for your continued patience on this issue. It’s a weird one but we’re taking it seriously and putting in the time to try and figure out what’s happening — we will be happy to fix this if we can identify the specific issue.

In attempting to do just that, though, I have thus far failed to find the problem you describe.

What I’ve done is spin up a local test site with the latest publicly-available versions of WordPress, Easy Digital Downloads, Event Tickets, Event Tickets Plus, etc., and then of course the “Bank Transfers” gateway you provided (thanks for doing that by the way).

I’ve done a number of tests and here are my findings:

Step Behavior/Test Outcome
    1 Make RSVPs as admin Works fine—when I go to the /tickets/ page as admin, I can edit my RSVP without issue
    2 Make RSVPs as contributor Works fine—when I go to the /tickets/ page as contributor, I can edit my RSVP without issue.
    3 Buy EDD tickets in “Test Payment” gateway as admin Works fine—when I go to the /tickets/ page as admin, I can edit my tickets data without issue.
    4 Buy EDD tickets in “Test Payment” gateway as contributor Works fine—when I go to the /tickets/ page as contributor, I can edit my tickets data without issue.
    5 Buy EDD tickets in user-supplied “Bank Transfer” gateway as admin Works fine—when I go to the /tickets/ page as admin, I can edit my tickets data without issue.
    6 Buy EDD tickets in user-supplied “Bank Transfer” gateway as contributor Works fine—when I go to the /tickets/ page as contributor, I can edit my tickets data without issue.

☝️ It sounds to me like what I should have found is an issue in step 6 there — that when buying EDD tickets with the “bank transfer” gateway as a contributor, I should have found that I was unable to edit that information. But I was indeed able to and did not notice any wrong data there.

Can you confirm if that is indeed the problem here? Or should I be looking for something else? It looks like maybe I should be noticing that some of the tickets I bought with the bank transfer gateway as a contributor should have some incorrect information, like an admin user account’s data instead of its own, but I do not find this.

Should I try again with a different user level? If so, which one? Are there are any specific settings in the wp-admin I should make sure I have checked? Anything you can think of, please let us know.

I apologize for the lack of forward movement thus far on this, but we are genuinely trying to figure out the problem. Thanks for your patience and for cooperating with that.

Sincerely,
    George

David Hager
    Participant

Hi George,

Thanks for looking into this.

Indeed, the problem we’re noticing is with the 6th point on your list. When testing the the issue with a direct payment gateway, like the RSVP and Test payment, the ticket is assigned to the correct user. (customer)

Did you confirm the payment in the EDD payment history tab in the backend with admin account, or as the contributor?

On our site we’ve got a customer user role, who’ll never get into the WordPress backend.
    So when a ticket is booked on the front-end, one of the website’s admins gets an email-notice and checks if the payment is fulfilled. After this step, the admin puts the confirms the payment and the ticket is created.

On our website, this ticket is created and assigned to the admin (the one that confirmed the payment).

Kind regards,
    Ruben

George
    Participant

Thanks for this information and your patience Ruben.

Can you share a screenshot of the specific screen where it is shown that the ticket is “assigned to the admin”?

I’m aware of the first screenshots you shared, but do not see anything in them that indicates tickets being “assigned to” someone other than the purchase.

Sincerely,
    George

David Hager
    Participant

Hi there George,

Just to make sure it wasn’t some other issue with our installation, I’ve created a new install and just installed the required plugins.

The screenshots attached to this post tell the story best I think.
    1. Order made by testaccount (Subscriber) using the Bank transfer gateway as payment.
    2. Order confirmed by admin user
    3. Ticket created for admin user
    4. No ticket on testaccount user

(I’d give you access to the same install, but I’m running it locally…)

George
    Participant

Thanks for all of this, @atmedia.

It certainly helps and I will see what I can do. I want to be honest and set your expectations here as follows: I have thus far not had a ton of progress yet, and with the weekend approaching, you may not hear back until Monday or Tuesday of next week.

But please know that we are actively trying to sort this out and will respond as soon as we have a substantive finding.

Thank you so much for your continued patience.

Sincerely,
    George

David Hager
    Participant

Thank you George.

I really appreciate your thorough approach on this.

If you like we can setup a short screen-sharing call, so you can see what goes wrong. However, if you already find out the issue, please update me when a solution is available.

Kind regards,
    Ruben

George
    Participant

Thanks for that offer Ruben — a screenshare may indeed be helpful at some point.

For now, your screenshots have helped clarify the issue a lot and I think it’s plenty sufficient. I am working on the bug and will report back ASAP!

Stay tuned,
    George

George
    Participant

Hey Ruben,

I just wanted to ask a quick question while I’m working on this — if you head to your Easy Digital Downloads settings, and to the Payment Gateways tab, do you find any difference in your testing results with this issue if the “Test Mode” is checked or not?

— George

George
    Participant

Some Good News

Sorry for a third update here today, Ruben, but this one bears good news: I believe I have fixed this bug and we are progressing into a testing phase for this.

The problem lies within Event Tickets Plus.

If you are comfortable tinkering with code yourself, and have a test site and/or full site backups so that you can tinker safely (please do NOT tinker on your live site or if you do not have backups etc.), you can try replacing the complete contents of this file:
    /wp-content/plugins/event-tickets-plus/src/Tribe/Commerce/EDD/Main.php

With the complete contents of this Gist → https://git.io/v5xnQ

Again: This code is not fully tested yet, so please only tinker at your own risk. I just wanted to offer something to you because this seems to directly impact commerce functions on your site, which is a big deal and I know you’ve been waiting long enough already.

What’s Next from Here

First, we need to test this code thoroughly. We need to make sure, for example, it does not affect any other payment gateways in a negative way.

Next, we need to fit this code into a Maintenance Release. Those tend to happen every two to three weeks, and since we are shipping one this week (too soon to fit this bug fix in, unfortunately), that means the next official release including this bug fix would be two to three weeks from now at the earliest, which I am sorry about.

We may be able to publish a “hotfix” once this current Maintenance Release is done, so that the bug fix is available sooner. I will update this thread if that’s the case.

Closing Thoughts

Thanks so much for working with us here Ruben, we’ve finally (it seems) cracked the case on this one and have fixed the bug. Now it’s just a matter of testing it thoroughly and getting it properly published.

Please let me know if you have any questions or thoughts on this from here, or if there are any other issues we can attend to.

Sincerely,
    George

George
    Participant

Hey Ruben,

Any feedback on what I wrote above? We’re still testing and working on a fix, etc., so there’s not any more “news” here, but just wanted to see if you saw the note and if you have questions / thoughts / concerns / etc.

— George

David Hager
    Participant

Hi George,

Sorry for the late reply, we were very busy with another project.
    This morning I was able to test the new code, and it works!
    If we’ll see any bugs, we’ll send you an update, but so far it seems everything is perfect.

Thanks so much! Our client will be happy.

Best,
    Ruben

Cliff

David / Ruben,

This is great to hear. Thanks so much. I’ve let George know, and we expect this fix to be released in the near-term (estimated guess of 3-6 weeks — of course no guarantees, since we normally do not provide ETAs).

This thread will receive a reply to let you know once the fix is released so that you don’t need to implement the fix manually anymore.

Thanks! 🙂

David Hager
    Participant

I’ve just noticed an additional function of your fix!
    It’s now possible to create orders manually and assign them to customers. This was a function we wanted to add for our client, so this is great!

Thanks again.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • The topic ‘Let customers change their own tickets’ is closed to new replies.