Installing Events Calendar Pro caused .php Fatal Error

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Installing Events Calendar Pro caused .php Fatal Error

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Participant

Hello,

I just purchased EC Pro for a client.

After installing the plugin I was required to update Events Calendar to the latest version in order for PRO to work.

This caused all my templates to cause a fatal php error running anything referencing the plugin.

Please advise. We have a deadline coming up and really did not expect this to hold up our development.

I would really like to use some features of the PRO version but otherwise I will ask for a refund and just use an old version of the free plugin.

Thank you,

Andrew James

Hunter

Hey Andrew,

Sorry to see you’re having troubles. It might be best you temporarily revert to the default Twenty Seventeen theme and deactivate all plugins other than The Events Calendar. Reactivate TEC and try updating it, then attempt to activate and update PRO. Please review our Testing for conflicts guide for more information. There might be a theme and/or plugin conflict. If so, we need to identify that so we can look for a solution.

Let me know how things go and we’ll continue investigating. Thanks and have a great evening!

Andrew
    Participant

Hi Hunter

Thanks for the reply.

I deactivated all plugins, reverted to 2017 theme and still could not install TEC as a fresh download from WordPress.

I also created a fresh installation of wordpress and could still not download TEC.

So I can not get to the step of installing the PRO version.

I feel this has something to do with the new version not being compatible with windows servers as posted in the forum.

If so when will you guys be able to get it working?

Even an estimate (day, week, month) will help.

I am using Destktop Server to develop locally. It runs xxamp as I’m sure you know.

Thank you. looking forward to getting this working! Great plugin of course.

Cheers
    Andrew

Here is the error (same as before)

Fatal error: Maximum function nesting level of ‘500’ reached, aborting! in C:\Users\Andrew\Documents\Websites\www.os1.dev\wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar\common\vendor\lucatume\di52\src\tad\DI52\Bindings\Resolver.php on line 339
    Call Stack
    # Time Memory Function Location
    1 0.0030 293768 {main}( ) ..\plugins.php:0
    2 0.9211 22031024 do_action( ) ..\plugins.php:166
    3 0.9211 22032024 call_user_func_array:{C:\Users\Andrew\Documents\Websites\www.os1.dev\wp-in

Hunter

Hey Andrew,

Thank you for the update. There is the possibility the issues you’re experiencing are related to the logged bug. I see in the screenshot provided that WordPress core has an update available. Have you tried installing TEC Manually using the latest version of WordPress and the default Twenty Seventeen theme? Have you tested to see if you can install a version previous than the current release? If so, did you experience any issues?

What I’ll do is add this forum thread to the bug report so the developers can review our discussion and if we need any more information from you, I’ll be sure to update this thread. I can’t guarantee the behavior you’re experiencing is result of this bug, so let me know the answers to the questions I’ve posed above and please include your System Information as a private reply.

Thanks again and have a great rest of your day 🙂

Andrew
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andrew
    Participant

Hello Hunter

Thanks for the reply. My day would be going a lot better if I could get this plugin working 🙂

I am 99% sure it is do to with the logged bug.

Have you tried installing TEC Manually using the latest version of WordPress and the default Twenty Seventeen theme? Have you tested to see if you can install a version previous than the current release? If so, did you experience any issues?

Yes, done, and same issue.

I just sent you system info via a private reply. I couldn’t send according to the guidelines you sent as the plugin is not working however I used another plugin to log general sysinfo.

When will the bug be repaired? The reason I bought PRO is i want to use the mini-calendar widget. I have developed some functions with the free TEC which work well so I will revert back to a previous version now.

Thanks for your help
    Andrew

Andrew
    Participant

Hi Hunter

Version 4.3.5 is working. Just got it from the WP directory – cheers

Hunter

To clarify, is everything working properly on the latest versions? If so, I’ll go ahead and close this thread out. Let me know and have a good afternoon!

Andrew
    Participant

Please read my first post from January 19.
    It is not working.
    Version 4.3.5 is an old version, as you know.
    If you could help with my question I asked about the bug being fixed that would be great.
    let me know what you think

Currently I am running an old version and am not able to install the PRO version which I have purchased.

I have sent all requested system information etc.

Andrew

Hunter

Hey Andrew,

My apologies, I was admittedly a little confused by your last responses but am all caught up. I’ve added this forum thread to the logged bug report. It’s marked at Priority Level 1 which is a good sign, but I don’t know exactly when it will be released. I imagine within the next few days, but I can’t promise you that.

We typically update threads linked to logged bug reports once a fix is released, but just in case we don’t, read over the plugin changelogs and Release Notes when you see any updates available.

Sorry I don’t have a temporary workaround other than backdating and let me know if you’ve got any more questions. I’ll mark this thread as ‘Pending Fix’ for the mean time. Cheers 🙂

Andrew
    Participant

Hey Hunter,

Thanks for the reply.

I will work with previous versions.

Geoff said he can allow me access to previous version of PRO in my account. At the moment I can only access the latest version. Please check if you can. Attached is a screenshot from my account.

Ok, mark it as ‘pending fix’.

Thanks for the update on the bug fix.

Cheers
    A

Nico

Hey,

I’m reaching out to let you know that we just released a fix for this issue. Please update the plugins to version 4.4.1 (4.4.1.1 for The Events Calendar) and let us know if this actually makes the issue right in your site.

More details on the release → Maintenance Release: The Events Calendar and Event Tickets 4.4.1, plus premium add-ons

Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Installing Events Calendar Pro caused .php Fatal Error’ is closed to new replies.