Incorrect handling of ticket stock (even after update to 4.0.2)

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Incorrect handling of ticket stock (even after update to 4.0.2)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

Hi,
    I had posted about this problem on another thread at Nico’s request, here’s my “reply”:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/users/hugaud/replies/#dl_post-1041368

Unfortunately the latest update of events ticket plus hasn’t solved the issue I am experiencing: a ticket purchase still results in incorrect ticket stock levels, i am continuing to experience exactly the same problem::

On this page: https://bowlscomps.com/competition/testing-ticket-stock-with-events-ticket/

• ticket 2 on this page was set as stock of 10 so shows 10 out of 10 available
    • I “purchase a ticket” and complete checkout
    • Going back to the event page now shows stock of 7 out of 9 remaining – instead of what it should show: 9 out of 10 (so sock reduced by 3 not 1)
    • I go into the WP dashboard and “complete” the order in Woocommerce
    • Going back to the event page now shows 8 out of 9 remaining – instead what it should show: 9 out of 10 (so stock reduced by 2 for a single ticket purchase)

Feel free to go and test this behaviour on the site – payment is set as “cash on delivery” and this is still in development. If I receive an order email i can go and “complete” the order in woocommerce.

Let me know if you need login details.

NB: I have noticed that my licence key for Events Tickets Plus seems to disappear: I went in to licence keys after update, it had gone so I re-saved it. I’ve just checked again as I was gathering system inforamtion to include in this post and it is gone again… Could this also impact this stock issue / be related in any way ??

Cliff

Hi Hughes. Thanks for breaking out each person’s question into its own forum thread.

This is a confirmed bug our developers have on high priority to fix.

A fix is currently in testing. Hopefully it’ll pass all the tests and an update be released soon to resolve this bug. (However, no guarantees on timing)

I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Other q’s:

• Your license keys, once entered, need to have the “Save Changes” button clicked for them to stay saved in there. This shouldn’t be related to ticket inventory count in any way.
    • wp-admin > Events > Settings > Help tab is where the “System Information” section is. It shouldn’t ever go away.
    Leah

Good news everyone!

We’ve just release a maintenance release that addresses this issue. Please look for updates to your Events plugin(s) on your site. Thank you for your patience while we worked to address the reported issues. And don’t forget to review the release notes for all the details on version 4.0.3.

While our testing shows that the new release fixes the problem reported here, sites are different and it’s possible that there are edge cases. If you are still seeing the issue after you update your plugins, please post a new thread so we can look into it further.

Thank you for your support!

Best,
    Leah

eightgr
    Participant

the 4.03 doesn’t solve the ticket problem, it’s the same. I got tickets with this statut : ‘ awaiting review ‘ that are not in the orders and are decreasing the total.

It’s still the same problem, we’ve tons of incorrect stock problem since event ticket plus upgrade

Chris
    Participant

Hi,
    The problem has not been solved by updating everything to 4.0.3 unfortunately. I have also tried setting up a new ticket and event again to check, same issue

However the maths now are slightly different from those shown on my original post at the top of this thread:
    After going through checkout, ticket stock drops by 2 units and “out of” number by 1 unit (stock was previously dropping by 3 units at that stage)
    After approving order in woocommerce, ticket stock remains at the same level as after completing checkout (still incorrect as shows a drop of 2 units instead of 1)

Example of the new behaviour:

• ticket set as stock of 30 so shows 30 out of 30 available
    • I “purchase a ticket” and complete checkout
    • Going back to the event page now shows stock of 28 out of 29 remaining – instead of what it should show: 29 out of 30 (so stock reduced by 2 not 1)
    • I go into the WP dashboard and “complete” the order in Woocommerce
    • Going back to the event page still shows 28 out of 29 remaining – instead what it should show: 29 out of 30 (so stock reduced by 2 for a single ticket purchase)

Hopefully this will help you narrow it down further and solve the issue soon.
    Cheers and have a lovely Xmas
    Hugues

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Chris.
    eightgr
    Participant

And I’ve found that all pending paiements are causing this. Looks like the simple fact to add a product in the cart and not validating it is causing the problem.

I remove all pending paiements and the stock was ok after

Chris
    Participant

@eightgr Thank you for your comment, very useful – you got me thinking that perhaps it was the fact that I had set the form of payment in woocommerce as “cash on delivery” whilst I was developing the site which might be contributing to the issue…

UPDATE
    When testing with my Paypal sandbox developer account and completing payment via Paypal (using my Paypal sandbox account balance, not a credit card) the stock behaviour is correct yeeehaaa !!

So it looks like the bug is affecting pending payments / cash on delivery payment method (I haven’t tested other payment methods but I’d encourage the event calendar team to investigate in this direction)

Shows the benefit of a “community” to sometimes trigger thoughts on solutions
    Hugues

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Chris.
    eightgr
    Participant

Sadly, I use Paypal only and the bug is still occurring when in live environment

Chris
    Participant

There seems to still be some major bugs with the plugin, I’m going to post a seperate thread referencing this one as I’ve now found some other serious stock handling issues which make it unusable frankly…

Chris
    Participant

In posted this new thread, in case you want to follow it for replies by the support team: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/serious-ticket-stock-issues-even-after-update-to-4-0-3/

Geoff

Hey folks,

Great news! We just released a patch to fix this. It required an update to The Events Calendar, Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus, so please be sure to update all of those to version 4.0.4.

So sorry for the continued trouble here. I am hoping this is the last of the issue and all will be smooth sailing moving forward.

Thanks!
    Geoff

eightgr
    Participant

And now everything is down because of failure during the update :

-> Updating Plugin Event Tickets Plus (2/5)

Plugin update failed.
    An error occurred while updating Event Tickets Plus: Could not copy file. */wp-content/plugins/event-tickets-plus/vendor/phpqrcode/cache/mask_4/mask_41_4.dat

-> Updating Plugin The Events Calendar (4/5)
    An error occurred while updating The Events Calendar: Could not copy file. the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Admin/Timezone_Settings.php

Cliff

Hi guys. Version 4.0.4 should resolve these. I tested 4.0.3 and it didn’t work for me either but now version 4.0.4 did fix the issues I saw on my local install that I was testing on.

If for some reason the automatic plugin updates don’t work for you, please update manually.

Hopefully that’ll do it for you.

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Incorrect handling of ticket stock (even after update to 4.0.2)’ is closed to new replies.