serious ticket stock issues even after update to 4.0.3

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events serious ticket stock issues even after update to 4.0.3

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

Hi,
    I originally posted this thread: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/incorrect-handling-of-ticket-stock-even-after-update-to-4-0-2/#post-1045720
    The particular issue dealt in there seems to have been solved by 4.0.3 for me when using Paypal sandbox to test purchase (although someone else in that thread still had problems even with Paypal but in the live environment)

HOWEVER THERE ARE STILL SOME BIG ISSUES IN STOCK HANDLING. making the plugin unusable at the moment

Let me describe below:
    Event set up with a ticket, stock of 10 out of 10

I Purchase a ticket, complete checkout and “complete” order in woocommece

Stock reduces to 9 out of 10 – all good
    BUT I look at this ticket as a product in woocommerce, the inventory level still says 10 in product list view

EVEN WORSE I click on “view” for this product in woocommerce, it takes me to the event page THIS HAS THE CONSEQUENCE OF RESETING stock to 9 out of 20 available (so doubling original available stock figure from 10 to 20 for no reason!)

testing sold out feature
    I then “purchase” the remaining 9 tickets to test “sold out” feature

After purchase the quantity description field on the event page ticket has now gone to “blank” BUT NOT showing out of stock

I try buying another ticket (this should be impossible as this would make the 11th ticket sale out of a stock of 10)

It does let me buy this ticket, complete checkout and set the order to completed in wooocommerce!

I complete checkout and now the stock level shows 10 out of 21 available !!
    I check again in woocommerce “products”, the inventory level still says 10 in product list view
    I check the event itself in WP dashboard and it says 11 sold out of -1 !!

Clearly there is still some big problem here, please let us know when a permanent fix is available.
    The event calendar is a great product, it’s real shame that this change to ticketing is causing such problems.

Thanks in advance

• This topic was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Chris.
    • This topic was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Geoff.
    tigertoertchen
    Participant

Hello, we have the same problem – selling tickets for bakery classes. Beause we only sell 8 seats per session we have e serious problem at the moment. After 4 bookings the sessions are sold out. Please work on this with very high priority !!

Geoff

Hey folks, just want to let you know we do see the issue as well and are looking at it. I’m truly sorry about this because it was ticketed for release in 4.0.3 but seems to have not been fully addressed. It’s just as unacceptable to us as it is to you and I can only apologize for the trouble right now as we continue to dig in.

I’m sorry I don’t have more to share at the moment. For now, downgrading to earlier versions of the plugins may be the best (but I realize not the most optimal) bet.

I do appreciate the heads up and for your patience. As you know, the holidays are right here and we’ll be doing our best to get something to you. I’ll keep you posted.

Thanks,
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there,

Giving you a quick update: our developers are looking into this.

So far, we’ve been able to replicate the issue when the purchasing method is check and cash on delivery. PayPal appeared to work correctly, though we were in sandbox mode and are going to keep poking at it to see why it would behave any differently than the other methods. @Hughues, thanks for the tip on this in the other thread!

No fix just yet, but we’ll continue to keep you posted.

Geoff

Benjamin Thomas
    Participant

Hi,

The stock quantities are not functioning correctly. Whenever a ticket is purchased, stock quantity is reduced by 2 items instead of 1. Moreover, the original total stock quantity is also affected.

So for example:

If my original stock is 200 tickets and I purchase 1 ticket, the stock changes to ‘198 out of 199 available’ – the minus 2 deduction is incorrect and the ‘out of 199 available’ is misleading.

I am running the following plugin versions: Event Tickets Plus Version 4.0.4 Events Calendar Version 4.0.5

Please advise.

Kind regards,

Ben

Geoff

Hi Ben and thanks for chiming in!

Will you please open a new thread? Not trying to bump you elsewhere, but our systems show that the issue that was originally reported in this thread has been resolved and released as part of Event Tickets 4.0.4 and Event Tickets Plus 4.0.4. If you’re experiencing an issue with inventory, then that suggests it’s something different and we should troubleshoot it independently of this thread.

When you do open the thread, it would be awesome if you could:

• Provide your system information. This is located on the Events > Settings > Help screen and there is a place to paste that content when opening the thread.
    • Elaborate on the issue a little more. Which ecommerce platform or you using? What payment method is being used? When does the inventory change — after a ticket is added to the cart, when the payment is processing, or after the transaction has been completed?

Thanks and we’ll see you in the other thread!

Geoff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘serious ticket stock issues even after update to 4.0.3’ is closed to new replies.