Impossible to scroll on site when activating last version of Community Tickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Impossible to scroll on site when activating last version of Community Tickets

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    maxou82
    Participant

Hello, I’m getting a strange issue on my site…

I’ve installed the last version of the community bundle plugins, and when activating the community tickets plugin, it becomes impossible to scroll on the site (for instance, on the event submission page, only the top fields are visible).

I’ve tried to install older versions of the community bundle (Events Calendar 4.5.12.2, Events Calendar Pro 4.4.9, Event Tickets 4.5.5, Event Tickets Plus 4.4.9, Community Events 4.4.7 and Community Events Tickets 4.4.2), and the scrolling becomes functionnal again.

Could you please advise on what the problem could be?
    Thanks a lot in advance!

Hi Maximilien,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

As a first step, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1.    A conflict with another plugin

2.    A conflict with your WordPress theme

3.    A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1.    Make a backup of your database

2.    Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

maxou82
    Participant

Hello, thanks for your response…
    I have tried to desactivate other plugins and it didn’t change anything.
    When using another default theme, the scrolling problem disapears. So I suppose there is a conflict between my Kleo theme and the last version of Community Events tickets. As I said, previous versions seemed to be working fine.
    Can you help find a solution?
    Thanks a lot!

maxou82
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Maximilien,

Well I’m glad to see that we’ve at least narrowed down the issue to a theme conflict.  We don’t have much experience with this theme unfortunately.

Alternatively, if you are interested, you can switch to a different theme.  You can also try playing around with our different templates and stylesheets to see if that makes a difference, as you can opt to have our calendar pull in fewer styles from your theme:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/stylesheets-and-page-templates/

You can also try reaching out to the theme developers to see if they have any suggestions:

https://themeforest.net/item/kleo-pro-community-focused-multipurpose-buddypress-theme/6776630/support

You can also revert to the previous version of our plugin where there was no conflict:

https://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/downloads/

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

maxou82
    Participant

Hello,

I must say, I was hoping for something more than a “go look for a solution somewhere else” kind of answer from a premium support!
    There is definitely some issue with the community events tickets plugin. I tried to install another popular theme “enfold” and I’m getting a similar issue, even if a little different. Here, I’m getting a “double scroll bar”, one that is unscrollable, an another one which is scrollable. It’s as if the body was set on “overflow: hidden without a scroll” (see captions provided : one shows the double scrollbar when Community Events Tickets is activated, the other caption shows the “normal” scrollbar when it’s desactivated).
    The problem persists even when I desactivate all other plugins except the events calendar ones + woocommerce.
    As soon as I desactivate the “Community events tickets” plugin, the problem goes away.
    Please advise.
    Thanks in advance!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by maxou82.

I apologize if my answers were not satisfactory.  Unfortunately, it is difficult to make our plugins compatible with every theme, though we do our best to make them as compatible as possible and point you in the right direction to make things play nice together.

Another thing you can try is to add in a body class (or change it), as in the following tutorial:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/theme-issues-body-classes/

Also, here is a list of our compatible themes:

https://theeventscalendar.com/compatible-themes-the-events-calendar/

In addition, you may be interested in our Themer’s Guide in order to copy and edit the templates to suit your needs:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

Let me know how it goes and if you have any questions along the way!

Thanks,

Jaime

maxou82
    Participant

Hello, I already checked all these pages and info. I doesn’t appear I have any problem with my body classes.(I’m getting tribe-no-js tribe-filter-live tribe-events-uses-geolocation tribe-theme-parent-kleo tribe-theme-child-cfh-paris tribe-events-filter-view tribe-filters-closed tribe-events-style-full tribe-events-style-theme…)

Enfold is listed as a compatible theme, yet there is a problem with it. And again, there WASN’t any problem with earlier versions of community events tickets with that same theme. So something must have changed since then, no?

I paid around 400$ for plugins that look amazing, but for this price I would expect it to work with widely used themes, at the very least those you consider as compatible in your list.
    Please help, I can provide an admin access if needed.

Thanks!

Just to let you know, we are limited by our Support Policy in how much we can help with customizations, but I will continue to try to point you in the right direction.

I’m sorry that you are dissatisfied with our compatibility with some themes.  I previously linked to our stylesheets and page templates doc, and that is something that can typically help you get closer to the look you are going for, as you can opt to pull fewer styles from your theme, which gives you more flexibility with the look of your calendar and community pages.  Have you been able to give this a try?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/stylesheets-and-page-templates/

Also, as I previously mentioned, you can totally revert back to your old setup for now to get the functionality back to the way you were looking for.

If this functionality is a requirement for your intended project, I’d suggest that a third-party developer would be the best way to make this feature happen on a short timeline. ? We maintain a list of developers who work with our plugins on our Knowledgebase here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/find-a-customizer/

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

maxou82
    Participant

Well I’m afraid this kind of support is not going to work… I don’t want to use previous versions of events calendar and add-ons and fear that any update (like security related for instance) will break things again.
    I’ve tried all your suggestions without success, but again, they really don’t seem to be appropriate answers for my problem.

I must say it’s the first time I’m encountering a “premium” support that hasn’t once proposed to check my admin to perhaps see what was going on…

I’m sorry such a “simple” problem will oblige me to go another direction, so unfortunately I will have to ask for a refund…

I’m sorry that things did not work out for you the way you had hoped.  I’d be happy to continue to assist you if you are still interested.  Please let me know.

If you’d rather go in a different direction, here is our refund form:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/refund-policy/

Thanks,

Jaime

maxou82
    Participant

Well I am interested in seeing this problem resolved, but unfortunately I don’t see how you can help me without going and check by yourselves…

We’re sorry to see you go, I hope things work out for you and your website!

Since you’ve received a refund, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Impossible to scroll on site when activating last version of Community Tickets’ is closed to new replies.