Import: not all events are imported

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Import: not all events are imported

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    digistef
    Participant

Hi,
    I setup some imports for iCalendar. It works fine, but it’s not importing everything.
    It looks like every import, only imports 28 events. Starting with the latest events. We have events from september until december. All events from oktober until december get imported, but not the ones in september.

I tried changing the limit with all possible options, like date range (starting in september for only one month), number of events, …
    All with the same results: nothing in september.

Can someone help me with this?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Steven!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I’m sorry to hear you are having trouble with your imports. Let me help you with the troubleshooting so we can find out what’s going on.

First, please make sure you are using the latest version of The Events Calendar. From your system information it seems you are using version 4.6.22.1. Please update to 4.6.23 and see if any difference on your import.

If that makes no difference, please share with us, in a private reply if you’d like, the URL for the iCalendar you are trying to import events from? I’ll run some tests on a local installation and see what I can find.

Thanks,
    Victor

digistef
    Participant

Hello,

I tried with the updated version, but still the same problem.

I did found this in the system code, where you can see a setup that the earliest date and latest date is set to the period that works.

Where is this setting and how can I change this?
    Thanks in advance.

imported_encoding_status =
    Array
    (
    [csv] => encode
    )
    ical_import_enable_GoogleMaps = 1
    earliest_date = 2018-10-13 12:00:00
    earliest_date_markers =
    Array
    (
    [0] => 1887
    )
    latest_date = 2018-12-01 14:00:00
    latest_date_markers =
    Array
    (
    [0] => 1825

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Steven!

Great catch! Indeed, there is a setting called “Import Limit Type” that allows you to set how far into the future the events will be fetched.

You can find more about these settings in the following article > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/event-aggregator-import-settings/

Try modifying it and let us know how it works for you.

Thanks,
    Victor

digistef
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Steve,

I’m sorry to hear you are still having problems with those imports.

Unfortunately, we cannot accept login credentials due to our terms, but rest assured I’ll help as much I can to find the source of this problem.

Could you please the URL to the iCalendar you are importing from? I’d like to run some tests to see what I get on my end.

Thanks,
    Victor

digistef
    Participant

Hi Victor,

Sure. This is one af the links: http://www.volleyscores.be/calendar/serie/2888

Kind Regards,
    Steven

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Steve,

Thanks for sending over the link.

I ran some tests with it and I am able to import the events for September 2018. I have also checked your import records from the Event Aggregator server and it seems those same events are being fetched by the server and sent to your site.

Could you please confirm you are using the latest version of The Events Calendar 4.6.23?

If you are, and still experience the problem, please navigate to your WP Admin > Events > Import > History tab and see if there are any errors showing up for your imports. If there is a red exclamation mark for the import, you should be able to see the error by hovering over it. Please let us know if any error there.

When coming back, please share with us your latest system information by following this guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Thanks,
    Victor

digistef
    Participant

Hi,

The problem is still there.
    The plugin is indeed 4.6.23.
    I setup the sharing system information.

Could you please try to help again?

Thanks in advance,
    Steven

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Steven,

Thanks for sharing your system information. I don’t really see anything that would indicate something is wrong from there.

Just to confirm, are there any failed imports showing up in WP Admin > Events > Import > History tab ?

Are you setting up a scheduled import? If so, please edit the scheduled import and send us a screenshot of the import settings so we can try to reproduce the same import on our end.

Also, what happens if you create a new import for that same source and hit preview? Do you get the September events in the preview?

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
    Victor

digistef
    Participant

Hi Victor,

I removed all events and all imports and wanted to start over again.
    So I setup a new import and on the preview, I see the september / first ones of october, but they are not visible anymore now, after an import.
    I do see a lot of events at “Ignored”, but cannot see them.
    How is that?
    https://cl.ly/96fdc54b2afb

Kind Regards,
    Steven

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Steven,

Thanks for sending over the screenshot.

That seems to be the issue here. It looks like you have 152 ignored events, which are most likely to be the missing events you are talking about. You can learn more about ignored events in the following article > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/ignored-events/

The strange thing there is that you are not able to see those ignored events. Ignored events won’t show up in the frontend of your site, but you should still be able to access them through the WP Admin. What happens if you click on the “Ignored (152)” link? Does it show the events?

If it doesn’t then it may be a plugin or theme conflict, for which I recommend you go through the testing for conflicts guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/

I can see there is a non-default post status (Cornerstone content), which may be coming from another plugin and could be conflicting with the ignored events.

Please let us know about that.

Thanks,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Import: not all events are imported’ is closed to new replies.