import failed: import record must be finalized before posts can be inserted

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator import failed: import record must be finalized before posts can be inserted

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Kulwinder
    Participant

Updates are not happening.

This is on Meetup. Andres claimed it was a setting on Facebook in this post:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/impor-failed-import-record-must-be-finalized-before-posts-can-be-inserted/

It cannot be a bug on both Facebook and Meetup.

Kulwinder
    Participant

Running “On Demand” update gets the updates without error.
    Only an issue with Scheduled. “Every 30 Minutes” does not work.

Cliff

Hi. Thanks for linking there.

Andras replied with:

It looks like there is something amiss with the event posted on Facebook. Could you send me a screenshot of the settings of the event on Facebook? And also possibly a link to it, so I can take a look.

And the link / event ID that you are trying to import.

Do you have that information available?

Is there any other time interval that DOES work?

Cliff

To be clear, there is a known issue with scheduled imports that will hopefully be fixed soon (weeks at the earliest, not days).

I was asking for your specific situation if there was any additional details to add to the internal bug report.

I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Kulwinder
    Participant

Sleep Late and Hike

Palo Alto, CA
    12,933 Late Hikers

Welcome to the most popular hiking group in the Bay Area. We like meeting new people and respect the environment at all times.  Bay Area Hiking and beyond.Interested in spend…

Next Meetup

Virtual Hike

Saturday, Apr 25, 2020, 1:00 PM
    5 Attending

Check out this Meetup Group →

Kulwinder
    Participant

Also, in history for the 30 minute import it says under “When”: about 5 hours
    What does this mean? It will try again in about 5 hours? Or, that it has set the interval to be 5 hours instead of the 30 minutes? Why 5 hours for 30 minute interval?

Kulwinder
    Participant

Also “Preview” import does nothing.

I changed it to 1 hour, but under Scheduled Imports it says “Last Import”: in about 5 hours

Why does 30 minutes and 1 hour default to 5 hours?

Kulwinder
    Participant

I changed the 30 minute to 1 hour, but it still says “type” 30 minutes in History for every attempt after the change to one hour.

Also get rid of relative time stamps like “about 9 hours ago, about 16 hours ago, about 17 hours ago”.
    I don’t want to do the math to figure out when that was. Just give the absolute time stamp when it is over one hour.

Cliff

Trying to import that Meetup URL on-demand (not scheduled) worked for me: https://cl.ly/1B440o3o0345 — 4 events available to import matched what is currently under “Upcoming” at https://www.meetup.com/SleepLateAndHike/

Trying it to setup a scheduled import works fine too (showing those 4 in the preview). I set it up to auto-import every 30 minutes but I can’t create a new Upcoming Event at https://www.meetup.com/SleepLateAndHike/ to test if new events come through.

Editing its import frequency from every 30 minutes to hourly worked fine too.

If you hover over the relative date, it tells you the exact time, although it’s in UTC time.

Please let me know if I missed any of the steps to try to replicate any of the issues you’re experiencing.

If things appear to be working for me but not for you, I’d suggest following these recommended troubleshooting steps for your own site:

Please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions:

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Sixteen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see while changing tickets quantity, navigating your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and any other of your site’s pages relevant to this ticket.

Then, please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts Mode). That will give me a lot of extra information to help diagnose the problem.

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

Kulwinder
    Participant

It always works the first time.
    After it has run a couple of days look at the history tab. Do you see check marks or exclamation points?
    I added a new event on Monday for Jan 28th.
    Do you see the update?

Cliff

Here’s a short video of what I see in my testing site’s Event Aggregator settings: https://cl.ly/1y0L03131j45

And another video of the January 28 event you mentioned, that did get imported: https://cl.ly/0u10040I0u1M

Please let me know your thoughts.

Kulwinder
    Participant

The new event came in after upgrading to EC Pro 4.4 a few days ago.
    But, the history alternates between “Import Failed” and the “finalized” error above.

Next step.
    I have added a new event
    Disabled almost every plugin
    Enabled WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG

See what happens by tomorrow.

Kulwinder
    Participant

But, I don’t see a snowshoe event posted a couple of days ago. So the auto-update is still broken.

Kulwinder
    Participant

I recorded 7374 error messages from tribe plugins in about a 24 hour period.
    Every few seconds a flood of messages. Crazy.

This is an INSANE about of log spam. You should be releasing plugins with zero stack traces.
    Print the same message once, and then stop. Yes, I do have global php settings to only print only one time.
    But, there is no reason your errors cannot be rate limited if they are not unique.

I am a Linux kernel programmer. If I did this amount of printing to a log in the kernel, I would crash the kernel.

My disk, CPU and memory bandwidth is for my users, not sloppy plugin writers.
    Attached are all the tribe messages in the debug log.

Cliff

Thanks for sharing your debug.log file.

I believe the only unique PHP Notice in there was a message about Bootstrap_Datepicker.php, which is a known bug that should be fixed soon via a plugin update.

If you’re anxious to get it resolved right away, replacing the entire contents of this file:

/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Asset/Bootstrap_Datepicker.php

with this code:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/moderntribe/the-events-calendar/6888c3ae5da0d67f4aacc147157f005efba1e93f/src/Tribe/Asset/Bootstrap_Datepicker.php

resolved the issue for me. You might want to try it too.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

===

Let’s leave this thread to the Bootstrap_Datepicker (and other debug messages, if any) and keep all the discussion about Event Aggregator not working for you at your other thread I’m helping you with.

Or let’s close that other thread and keep all this discussion just in this thread.

It’s up to you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • The topic ‘import failed: import record must be finalized before posts can be inserted’ is closed to new replies.