Event Aggregator does not work at all. Period.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event Aggregator does not work at all. Period.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Kulwinder
    Participant

Removed old import plugin as requested.
    I uninstalled all calendar plugins and re-installed one at a time in sequence.

EC 4.3.4.2
    EC Pro 4.3.3
    EC CT 4.3.1
    EC CET 4.3.1

Still have the same issues at Events -> Importer

1. Migrate iCal Importer Settings Button does not work. Does not go away.
    2. Message: “Your import is currently in progress. Don’t worry, you can safely navigate away–the import will continue in the background. ” Never goes away. Even after deleting all Modern Tribe plugins and re-installing.
    3. None of the Question Mark icons can be clicked on for help. They do nothing.
    4. Scheduled Imports do not import any events after several days of the daily import schedule.
    5. History does not get deleted after deleting and re-installing plugin.
    6. No obvious way to reset the plugin state. Deleting it does not work. Old state comes back after re-install.
    7. On demand Imports do not import.
    8. Exclamation Point icon in history is not clickable for information on the error message.
    9. The “Copy to Clipboard” button does not work: “Please go to Events –> Settings –> Help in your WordPress dashboard and copy your system information below.”

I don’t believe this Aggegator was ever tested on a live Meetup group.
    It is free to create a dummy Meetup group for test purposes.

I strongly encourage you to test on live Meetup group data BEFORE sending an update and taking my site down.

My site is useless to my Meetup users.

Cliff

This reply is private.

Kulwinder
    Participant

I have upgraded php and mysql and all other recommended upgrades.
    Events show up now, but do not update.

2. None of the Question Mark icons can be clicked on for help. They do nothing.
    3. History does not get deleted after deleting and re-installing plugin.
    4. No obvious way to reset the plugin state. Deleting it does not work. Old state comes back after re-install.
    5. Events are not updated. Exclamation Mark indicated the events have not been “finalized”. Same issue seen by a Facebook user on November 17.

Cliff

Thanks for this. Do you have anything at /wp-content/debug.log file (if WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG are enabled) — while trying any of those actions?

Kulwinder
    Participant

You can answer 3 and 4 right now, by telling me all the places outside your plugin directory where you are storing files.

Cliff

All of our plugin’s files are stored within its folder in the plugin directory (typically /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar)

However, items 3 and 4 sound like database entries, not anything to do with files on your server.

We do not have any “reset to default configuration” button, but I’d guess you’d get that (or near) by deleting all options in your WordPress database that begin with “tribe_%”

Here’s a screenshot for your reference: https://cl.ly/1D2d3K0I0r3q

Of course, anytime you might alter your database, you should take a backup (and backing up both files and database at the same time is always safest).

Let me know how else I can assist.

Kulwinder
    Participant

Upgrading to EC Pro 4.4 released a few days ago fixed:

2. None of the Question Mark icons can be clicked on for help. They do nothing.
    5. Events are not updated.

But, Exclamation Mark alternately indicated the events have not been “finalized” or “Import Failed”.

Kulwinder
    Participant

I don’t see a snowshoe event posted a couple of days ago.

Cliff

I just searched my local testing site and I found a “snowshoe” event:

Maybe try removing this import feed and re-add it?

I’m not sure what else to suggest since I’m not able to reproduce the issue.

Please share a screenshot of your Event Aggregator status information from the bottom of wp-admin > Events > Help

===

For reference, this other thread of yours that I’m helping with is similar/duplicate. Maybe that thread’s fix for the debug.log messages will help with EA’s imports.

Kulwinder
    Participant

Lets close this thread with datepicker fix.

Cliff

Sure thing.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Aggregator does not work at all. Period.’ is closed to new replies.