iCal import not functioning properly – trying to share calendars across multisit

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator iCal import not functioning properly – trying to share calendars across multisit

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Joe
    Participant

Hello! Super frustrated – purchased the iCal importer and the Pro Multisite license. iCal importer is not recognizing iCal feeds from other subdomains on the multisite, neither from the feed (…/events?ical=1) or from a file upload of the .ics file. Tried uploading the .ics file to my google calendar and it is importing to those just fine, just not to the ical importer on the main domain. Please help. I have read every forum post on this and I’m finding a lot of need for this, but a lot of dead ends with no resolution.

No – I have not defaulted to the original theme. Since Events Calendar is bundled with Avada, I’m assuming it’s been tested thoroughly.

Nico

Hi Joe,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear you are being affected by this issue ๐Ÿ™

This is a know bug reported recently in the forums, a fix for this is on the way. As Barry states in the thread that reported this, the new release is already in QA so this was out of it. I now see it’s scoped for next release maintenance release (4.1.1), so hopefully this will be out like in a month time (this is subject to change). What I can do for now is to set this thread to ‘Pending Fix’ and let you know when we have any updates on the fix. So sorry not to have a better answer for this.

Please let me know what you think about it,
    Best,
    Nico

Tyronne
    Participant

Nico Santos can you please let me know as well when this fix is available? I purchased this plugin with the intention of importing .ics files into our calendar and ran into an error that states that there is no files selected and i have uploaded the ics files from and went through the process of selecting them. Would love to know when fix is available. Thanks Tyronne M.

Joe
    Participant

PLEASE let this happen soon. It really is fundamental to the site I’m building. I’ll sing your praises from coast to shining coast when it happens.

Nico

Hi folks,

@ Tyronne, this issue is related to the MultiSite WordPress setup. If you are not sure if your issue is the same please open up a new thread for this.

@ Joe, I see the target for this is next maintenance release, so hopefully it will be ready in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the patience on this!

I’ll give you a heads up when it’s ready,
    Best,
    Nico

Tyronne
    Participant

NICO IS THERE A CHANGE IN SETTINGS THAT I NEED TO LOOK AT OR IS IT AN INSTALLATION ISSUE? WHERE CAN I FIND THE SOLUTION IF YOU DON’T MIND ME ASKING. THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE AND HELP.

Nico

Hey Tyrone,

Not sure about your issue, as stated this ticket is about a problem with MultiSite WordPress setup and iCal importer.

Please go over the New User Primer: iCal Importer, the article Running a one-time import with the iCal Importer might help you as well.

If you still have troubles with it please open up a new thread for you issue. Having just a user/issue per thread usually makes them move faster. When creating the new thread please be sure to Test for conflicts and include your system information, that will surely help getting a better reply.

Best,
    Nico

serpcom
    Participant

Hi, same problem here.

Multi-site network. Site ‘A’ is the main site that needs to sync with sites “1-100”

Purchased Ical Importer for Site ‘A’ to automatically sync with calendars on sites “1-100” via the recurring imports feature by i-cal URL.

I get the message saying my start date produced no results….

Do we have any idea of time frame here? I just have an April launch deadline for this project and need to know if I need to find an alternative solutions that works on a multi-site network or if I build out this network using The Events Calendar plugin; I am looking safe for an April launch?

Nico

Hey Jonathan,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear you are affected by this as well.

This is still in development, it’s slated to be release in the first maintenance release for 4.1 (upcoming version) of the plugin. Version 4.1 is expected to be out mid March (it has been delayed a bit), so I guess this particular change will be coming out finally at the end of month or similar date. Please note this is subject to change, it’s not 100% firm!

A possible work around might be to export the sub-site events to an external calendar (like Google Calendar) and from there try to import them to the main calendar. This is something that would work for 1-10 sites probably not for 1-100 ๐Ÿ™

Thanks,
    Nico

Leah

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We werenโ€™t able to get a fix for it into our upcoming release (4.1). However, please know that the problem is still on our radar and is ticketed within our system to be addressed in a future maintenance release. Weโ€™ll do our best to keep you posted when we are able to get a solution in place. Thank you for your patience while we improve and expand our plugins.

Best,
    Leah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Geoff

Hey Jonathan,

Just wanted to follow up and let you know that we released version 4.1.1 last night and it included a fix for this issue. Please update to the latest version if you haven’t already and do let us know if you continue to see any issues from there. ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers and thanks for your patience while we worked on this!

Geoff

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘iCal import not functioning properly – trying to share calendars across multisit’ is closed to new replies.