I support the conditional removal of the End Date/Time when creating a new event

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator I support the conditional removal of the End Date/Time when creating a new event

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

Hi. I’ve read through the forums about how to remove the End Date/Time permanantely, (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/how-to-delete-end-date-end-time/#post-12353), but since I’m also one of your users who need the End Date/Time to be available when one of my events does, in fact, have an end time, I don’t want to take that step. However, I fully support the implementation of a conditional removal of the End Date/Time, for instances in which a start time is needed, but an end time is not specified by my client. I am running into this situation extremely often and, so far, my only option has been to set the end time to the starting time, which does not look good on my events page, but keeps me from having to make up an end time for the event. So, as multiple other users have stated, I would very much appreciate the option to conditionally remove the end date/time while entering in a new event. Thanks.

Barry

Hi Michael, noted!

Are you simply wanting us to take this forward as a possible new setting/option for a future version, or do you need a solution now? If so, are you comfortable with the concept of template overrides?

https://theeventscalendar.com/what-are-template-overrides-and-how-do-i-do-them/

Michael
    Participant

I’m just looking to take this forward as a new setting/option for a future version. I just wanted to put in my two cents that this would be a very helpful option to include, and as there are others that have commented similarly, but in places where I couldn’t just in because the topic was closed, I created a new topic to add my support for the request. I would find it very helpful, so please consider it for a (hopefully very near) release of the plug-in. Thanks.

Michael
    Participant

May I ask another question? If so, I’ve just puchased the Facebook Events. I’m able to configure it, but it has not functioned correctly yet because of a known issue where the image is not imported, but the event IS created. Related post: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/photothumbnail-not-being-imported/.
    However, the fix mentioned in that post does not work for me and I can’t seem to find any more info. I have, of course, turned off all other plug-ins and reverted to Twenty Eleven. The problem is still happening. This is the error code that I get:
    The following errors have occurred:
    “picture?type=large&access_token=404935409546807|vzHtzdfYYsK8X2vcliYSxEJvO0c” is not a valid image.
    Please note that as a result, no events were successfully imported.

As noted in the previous post, I am actually getting an event imported, but there is no image attached.

Any ideas?

Barry

I’m just looking to take this forward as a new setting/option for a future version. I just wanted to put in my two cents that this would be a very helpful option to include

That makes sense and I’ll note it on our issue tracker.

The plugin is undergoing significant changes and I’m not clear if this will still be relevant as of the forthcoming 3.0 release, but in case it is we’ll have a record of your request.

May I ask another question? If so, I’ve just puchased the Facebook Events. I’m able to configure it, but it has not functioned correctly yet because of a known issue where the image is not imported, but the event IS created.

No problem: what I’ll do is move this to the Facebook Events forum so that our support expert for that plugin can assist 🙂

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Michael,

Sorry to hear about the issues with the image import. Can you supply me with the FB event ID so I can test importing it myself? What type of image is it and do you know the size by chance?

Thanks,
    Jonah

Michael
    Participant

Hey, Jonah. Sorry for the delay. I’ve been out of town. Here is a sample FB ID that produces the error. 371251099638311

I get all the correct info, but the image does not import.

Here is the error text:
    The following errors have occurred:

“picture?type=large&access_token=404935409546807|vzHtzdfYYsK8X2vcliYSxEJvO0c” is not a valid image.
    Please note that as a result, no events were successfully imported.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Michael,

I’m able to import that event along with it’s image just fine. Have you tried deactivating all other plugins and/or reverting to the Twenty Eleven/Twelve theme to see if there’s maybe a conflict there?

Are you importing in a local dev environment or remotely?

– Jonah

Norine Leibel
    Participant

Adding my vote for optional end date/time in the next release. Just downloaded the pro, and I really like it, but the site I’m working on has multiple events, many of which don’t specify an end time. Thanks.

Barry

Thanks onelittlemoose. Michael: just checking to see if you need further help here (if so, if you can provide Jonah with any further info he’s requested that would be great).

If not we’ll close this thread shortly. Thanks!

Michael
    Participant

I’m importing remotely. I think. I’ve disabled all other plug-ins and gone back to the twenty-eleven theme to see if that helps. It didn’t.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Michael,

By remotely I mean you’re not working on some development version of your website that is only available to you locally. It sounds like probably not… Ok, can you shoot me wp-admin access to your website so I can hop in and take a look at some things? Do I have your permission to deactivate plugins and/or switch the theme? Please email access to pro [at] tri [dot] be, attn. to me and reference this thread.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Michael,

Just checking in again to see if you still wanted my help with this?

Thanks,
    – Jonah

Michael
    Participant

Jonah, Yeah, I guess I need the help. I still am unable to import images when using the FB plug-in. I’m going to back up everything and send you the Username/Password so you can poke around. Give me about an hour to get that backup done.

Michael
    Participant

password/username sent to the email address you listed.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • The topic ‘I support the conditional removal of the End Date/Time when creating a new event’ is closed to new replies.