Photo/thumbnail not being imported

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Photo/thumbnail not being imported

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mar

Hi, I’ve run the facebook importer and I get the following message:

The following errors have occurred:
    “picture?type=large&access_token=404935409546807|vzHtzdfYYsK8X2vcliYSxEJvO0c” is not a valid image.
    Please note that as a result, no events were successfully imported.

Now when I look, the event has been created and there but there is not thumbnail. Any idea of what may be causing this error and what could be done to fix it?

I am using the theme Unsigned (WooThemes). Let me know if you need access to the admin panel and I’ll send you the details.

Mar

And yes, I’ve tried deactivating all other plugins and reverting to the wordpress twenty eleven theme 😉

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Mar,

What type of image does that event have in Facebook? How big is it? Can you send it to me so I can test it myself? You can email to pro [at] tri [dot] be and attn. to me, please also reference this thread. Do other events with images work or is it all of them that give you this error?

– Jonah

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Mar,

I tried importing https://www.facebook.com/events/502692133091597/ and the image came through just fine. Can you try deleting the event and importing again?

Thanks,
    Jonah

Mar

Hi Jonah
    Have tried that, and also deleting and reinstalling the plugin, but nothing works. Keep getting the same error… Shall I just set you up an admin account so you can log in the admin panel and see for yourself? Thanks

Barry

Hi Mar. This sounds very much like a known problem and I believe it was solved in a hotfix (our reference for this problem is issue #18305) – so if you haven’t already done so, can I ask that you download a fresh copy of Facebook Events 1.0.3 and use it to replace your existing version.

(I realise you are already using 1.0.3, but for hotfixes the version doesn’t change even if some of the code does.)

Thanks!

Barry

Stop!! I do apologize, but I misled you there.

This one was not actually released as a hotfix. The developer looking into it did make a Gist available that you can use to patch your own plugin until the next version plugs the gap, though:

https://gist.github.com/3974181

That contains a new version of the get_facebook_photo() function which you can use to replace the existing one found in the Tribe_FB_Events class, which lives in the-events-calendar-facebook-importer/the-events-calendar-facebook-importer.php.

If you’re not quite comfortable with that then I’d ask that you hold off until the next monthly maintenance release comes along which will include this fix.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Photo/thumbnail not being imported’ is closed to new replies.