How to delete End Date & End Time

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How to delete End Date & End Time

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Jesus
    Participant

Hi. I don’t have an end time for many of my events. Right now it appears as if the event ends and begins at the same time.

Rob

Are these all-day events, Jesus? Can you share a link to your site so we can check out the issue directly?

Jesus
    Participant

Hi. In most cases these are NOT all-day events. Most of these events have a definite start time but no end time (such as neighborhood meetings).Here’s a link to my calendar
    http://www.theeastsiderla.com/savethedate/upcoming/

Rob

Thanks — I understand the issue now. And you want to just delete start/end time from the list entirely? Or do you want to keep it, but get it displaying the appropriate time?

Jesus
    Participant

Hello. Ideally, I would like to be able to enter an end time & date if available. But if that’s not possible, I am okay with just deleting it from the list entirely.

Jesus
    Participant

Hello. I have not heard back about this issue.

Rob

Hey Jesus – you hadn’t heard back because it was less than 12 hours since your last response 🙂 We hit the forums generally twice a day (usually mornings and evenings), but it’s probably wise to expect up to 24 hours between responses just to be safe. I’m the only person who leads the charge on this forum so it’s not like we have a huge team addressing everything as it comes in. Though that’d be nice…

As for this: I can get our developer Jonah to respond with suggestions on this, now that we know what exactly is up. Note that he’s already done his forum work for the day, so we’ll get you a response no later than tomorrow. Thanks!

Jesus
    Participant

Thanks.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Jesus,

You’re going to need to make a slight adjustment to the events templates. To do this first make sure you create an ‘events’ folder in your theme and then copy the list.php template from /plugins/the-events-calendar/views – this will ensure your changes are retained the next time you update.

Now, open up list.php and find line 53-56 – this chunk of code has to do with the end date/time. Just remove the whole (table row) which will remove the end date/time.

Unfortunately there’s no way to hide/show the end date/time conditionally but this is a good idea for a feature request and I’ll add it to the list.

Let me know whether or not this works and if you need any more help.

Regards,
    Jonah

Jesus
    Participant

Thanks, Jonah. I am not well versed at this kind of stuff, so I have no idea of how to even find my Events folder but let me see what I can do. Also, just want to make sure. Once I make the change you described above, the words “End Date & Time” would still be visible to the viewer but no specific end date or time would be provided, correct?

Jonah
    Participant

Hey Jesus,

You need to place a folder named ‘events’ in your current theme folder for you site. You can find out which theme and folder that is in Appearance > Themes.

This adjustment will completely remove the end date/time for all events in your list view.

– Jonah

Jesus
    Participant

Thanks, again!

Rob

Awesome to hear you got this resolved. Let us know if anything else comes up, Jesus.

Jesus
    Participant

Hi, Jonah. Well, I checked under Appearance> Themes and could not find a way to add a folder. I am not even sure were the list.php. Can you provide more assistance? Would I need to pay extra for that?

Rob

Hey Jesus. Adding a folder would be something you’d do outside of the WP backend; generally I always do it using my FTP client. Totally independent of the WP admin page though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘How to delete End Date & End Time’ is closed to new replies.