I support the conditional removal of the End Date/Time when creating a new event

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator I support the conditional removal of the End Date/Time when creating a new event

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Jonah
    Participant

Hi Michael,

I’m taking a look now. Is it ok if I deactivate plugins, switch themes, etc?

– Jonah

Michael
    Participant

Yes. That is fine.

Jonah
    Participant

Strange. So it’s obviously not a theme or plugin issue… Can I have you try creating and using a Facebook App ID as instructed here: https://theeventscalendar.com/how-to-create-a-facebook-app-id/

Michael
    Participant

Ok. Done.

Jonah
    Participant

Hmmm, so that doesn’t seem to help either. Do you know what kind of server you are running the website on?

Michael
    Participant

I use virtual dedicated with media temple. Cent os 5 I think. But I’m honestly not sure.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Michael,

Ok, I just wanted to check on that because we have had some recent reports of an inability to import in certain environments but I think yours should be ok. I’m at a loss for what is causing this though and need to have a developer take a look. I’ll either post an update or they will post here directly. Stay tuned.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Jonah
    Participant

One other question Michael, are you able to import any events? Is it just this one event that’s causing problems?

Michael
    Participant

The events come in, but not the image. Once I’ve tried to import, I get the error message that you’ve seen, and the warning that “no event was created”. But, the event is actually created and is in “pending” status, but without any associated image. It does this on every event that I’ve tried to import. (I’ve tried FB pages of local organizations as well as national organizations, just to see if it was something that an inexperienced FB user was doing wrong) Just so you know, I just went and deleted the-events-calendar-facebook-importer from my plugin directory, downloaded a fresh copy from wordpress.com, and reinstalled it into the plugins directory. It still doesn’t work after doing that.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Michael,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this. I’m having our developer assigned to the FB import plugin take a look and he just got back from a company trip. Stay tuned for an update hopefully soon.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Michael,

I just wanted to follow up and let you know our developer who works on the FB plugin is out until Monday still. I will do my best to make sure he takes a look then. There are other users with a similar issue so it’s become obvious we need to get this fixed.

Sorry for the delay again and inconvenience this may have caused. We’ll get it to as soon as we can.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Michael,

I just wanted to give you another quick update on this.

I’ve been discussing with our lead developer for this plugin, and it came to light that in the recent weeks we’ve noticed various compatibility issues with the recent changes in the Facebook API and other minor bug fixes we’d like to address.

This process involved in depth inspection of our code, and resolving known issues previously patched with gists in the forum. We are currently are in QA mode and are planning to release a new version shortly. Items this new version will address include, but are not limited to: images failing to import, failing to remove http timeouts, organizer data mismatch, and timezone discrepancies.

As soon as we release the new version, I’ll post back here but you will also see the upgrade notification within the WordPress administration. Also, feel free to update away when it’s ready.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Michael,

I’m following up again here to let you know that our developer patched your version of the plugin and confirmed that the image import error is no longer occurring. If you could please test it out yourself and confirm that would be great.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Michael
    Participant

It appears that the problem is fixed. I am able to import an event using its event ID, and the image associated with the event is imported. Thank you very much for your time and effort on this issue. Do I need to do anything to protect the changes made in my local file when an update for the plug-in is issued?

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Michael,

That’s excellent! When we release our next update for the plugin, it will include this fix.

Let us know if you need help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • The topic ‘I support the conditional removal of the End Date/Time when creating a new event’ is closed to new replies.