Future reoccurring events redirecting to a post for some reason

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Future reoccurring events redirecting to a post for some reason

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    umediagroup
    Participant

Ok so I’m running into an issue where future reoccurring events are linking to a random post. Here is an example url that you can see redirects to a post.

http://614columbus.com/event/tap-takeover-wednesdays/2015-01-14/

Geoff

Hi there, Wayne! Welcome back to the forums and sorry you’re hitting some trouble here with random redirects on recurring events.

I see what you mean and, in fact, it seems that they all redirect to the same “All are welcome” post. I wonder if that might be a clue in and of itself.

I’m unable to replicate the same issue on my end. That leads to me think that there might be a conflict at play with either your theme or another plugin. Will you please try these troubleshooting steps before we go any further? This will help us pinpoint if there is a conflict  and, if so, where it is.

Give those steps a shot and let me know what you find. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

umediagroup
    Participant

I just moved every thing over to staging and turned off all plugins and set the theme to 2014 and I still get the redirect.

Here is a link. http://columbus614.staging.wpengine.com/event/tap-takeover-wednesdays/2015-01-07/

Geoff

Hey Wayne, thanks for following up!

Is it possible for you to set up a fresh database for the staging site and try publishing new events? It would be great to work with a clean slate. No need to install anything else or any other posts for the time being.

Also, I noticed that posts on your site include the month and date of the post (e.g. /2016/06/post-slug). Try heading to Settings > Permalinks and setting the Permalinks on your staging site to “Post name” and see if that helps as well.

Thanks!
    Geoff

umediagroup
    Participant

I just tried changing the permalinks and here is the new url http://columbus614.staging.wpengine.com/event/tap-takeover-wednesdays/2015-01-14/ as you can see it still does the redirect.

I have not had a chance to try with a fresh database.

Geoff

Thanks for following up and giving the permalinks a shot! Let me know what you find with a fresh database–I’m curious if the issue still comes up with a clean slate, a default theme and no other plugins installed.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there, Wayne! Just checking it to see if there’s been any update or if you still need assistance here–please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

umediagroup
    Participant

I do know that it is still an issue. I have yet to have time to try it out on a clean install.

Geoff

Thanks for following up, Wayne! I’m hoping testing on a fresh install will help–keep us posted nad let us know what you find.

Cheers!
    Geoff

umediagroup
    Participant

Ok I have done a bit more testing so far with mixed results. All plugins disabled except yours and the default wp theme.

I have also set the permalinks back to normal to see about getting some idea of whats going on.

When trying to visit

columbus614.staging.wpengine.com/?tribe_events=get-crocked-at-wyandotte-3&eventDate=2015-02-03

it ends up taking me to

http://columbus614.staging.wpengine.com/?tribe_events=get-crocked-at-wyandotte-3&eventDisplay=all

which of course is a list of all the events for get-crocked-at-wyandotte-3 still not sure why but I’m going to continue looking into it.

Geoff

Thanks for the update–definitely keep me posted!

Interesting, are you hosting the live site with WP Engine as well? I know that one of the features it has is automatic caching. I wonder if that could help explain the root cause. Here are a few other threads that might be relevant as you dig deeper:

Thanks!
    Geoff

Geoff

Just looking into this a little more, there something else to note.

Looking at the All Events list for your recurring series:
    http://columbus614.staging.wpengine.com/?tribe_events=get-crocked-at-wyandotte-3&eventDisplay=all

Then looking looking at the following two instances in the series:

The Start and End Times for these two events are inconsistent.

I think this borders on the same issue you reported in this thread as well. Will you please try to replicate the same issue (with new test events) without the same plugins that were causing the conflicts in your other thread?

Cheers!
    Geoff

umediagroup
    Participant

In this case I have made sure to disable all plugins except yours and am running the 2014 theme so I know its not a plugin conflict.

Geoff

Hey there, Wayne!

[…] and am running the 2014 theme

I’m seeing that both the live and staging sites are using the Edition theme rather than Twenty Fourteen. Is it possible for you to use the Twenty Fourteen theme on staging while we’re troubleshooting?

And how about my question about WPEngine? Are both sites hosted on it or just the staging?

Since WPEngine uses auto-caching and it looks like the times of the recurring events are inconsistent, caching would certainly help explain what’s happening. Are you able to empty and disable the cache, then create new tests to see if there’s a difference?

If you check out the links to the other threads I sent, this looks extremely similar to those and they appear to be caching-related.

Cheers!
    Geoff

umediagroup
    Participant

Sorry about that its set back to 2014 now.

Both staging and live are on wordpress engine. As far as I have heard from them staging sites should not cache any thing but I went ahead and cleared it on the live site as thats the only place there is an option to clear the cache.

I did go ahead and make a new test event that reoccurs every week.

http://columbus614.staging.wpengine.com/?tribe_events=wine-test-event&eventDisplay=all

That one seems to be behaving as it should so it would seem like some of these existing events some how got messed up.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Future reoccurring events redirecting to a post for some reason’ is closed to new replies.