Follow Up: Community Events 404

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Follow Up: Community Events 404

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Seale
    Participant

This is a continuation of this post that was closed before it was resolved: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/community-events-repeated-404-even-after-flush/

I’m still getting 404 errors when trying to add events from the front end using the Community Events plugin. I’m using a multisite network but I’ve been told by Modern Tribe that I can successfully use CE plugin on a WP Multisite network site.

In poking around, I noticed that in the Community settings, I added “partners” to the Community rewrite slug. Would this be affecting the 404 issue at all? Have you experienced any issues associated with the rewrite slug?

Please advise as my client is displeased that after investing in the plugin, they still can’t consistently update their events from the front end. It’s a real problem for us.

Thanks for your help,

Ryan

Patricia

Hi Ryan,

Welcome back!

I’m sorry to hear that you are still getting this 404 error in your community events page: our Support Bot closed the previous thread because it was inactive for more than 3 weeks, but let’s solve this now!

Regarding the fact that you are using one of our premium plugins in a multisite:

If you only want to use Community Events on a handful of sub-sites (10 or fewer) and are willing to perform manual updates, then you do not need a multisite license: you can use the personal license you already have. You will find more information about multisite licenses here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/multisite-license/

Regarding the 404 error:

– I’ve just noticed that you are using WPML, if you temporarily disable WPML, is the problem solved ? The reason I am asking is because we do not provide official support for using WPML alongside the Community Events plugin. There is still a chance it might work though.

– When you try to access the CE submission form via Dashboard (from Events > Community: Submit event), does it lead to the same page as your front-end link (http://thebizzbuzz.ca/events/partners/add)? One of our customers reported that the cause of the issue was a translation inconsistency.

– If disabling WPML doesn’t solve the problem and the translation inconsistency is not the culprit either, I would recommend you to run a Conflicts Test. You can start the test by temporarily deactivating all of your plugins (except Modern Tribe plugins) and changing your theme to another one like Twenty Seventeen and let us know if the problem is solved after that (don’t forget to backup your database before changing anything).

Ryan Seale
    Participant

Thanks Patricia,

I’m going to get my developer to look into the WPML conflict further.

What do you guys suggest for managing multiple languages in your calendar environment?

Please advise,

Ryan

Patricia

Hi Ryan,

I’ll ask my colleagues if they have new ideas to help you here, perhaps with a brainstorm we can find new options to help you solve this problem!

Could you please let me know/confirm that disabling WPML helped you to solve the 404 error?

Thanks! If you have any other questions in the meantime, please feel free to let me know and I’d be happy to help as best I can!

Cheers,

Patricia

Patricia

Hi Ryan,

One more thing I forgot to mention in my previous reply: at this moment (based on your system info) you are running the following versions of The Events Calendar and Community events:

The Events Calendar: Community Events version 4.5.5
    The Events Calendar version 4.5.13

The latest version for these plugins are, respectively, 4.5.6 and 4.6.3. Before I reach out to my colleagues, could you please update both plugins and let me know if the issue persists after that?

The process is pretty simple and you will find all information you need here.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Follow Up: Community Events 404’ is closed to new replies.