Community Events: Repeated 404 even after flush

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Community Events: Repeated 404 even after flush

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Seale
    Participant

Hi!

I know you’ve got some support threads about flushing the permalinks. However, this only temporarily fixes the issue and then it returns shortly after. I’ve flushed the links 10+ times and it works to add events from the front end. Before I know it, the 404 page returns.

Please help!

Ryan

Patricia

Hey Ryan,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Can you please Clear/Purge your site’s cache (and your browser cache as well) and check if everything works as expected after that?

If the issue persists, please send us a link to the page where you are getting this 404 error and we will be glad to further investigate your case.

Regards,

Patricia

Ryan Seale
    Participant

I’ve flushed the permalinks and cleared cache on the site and browser and I’m still experiencing the issue. I’m also having an issue where the tooltips hide behind the header when in month view. If I hover over them again they sometimes switch to expanding from the bottom, but the client doesn’t like the glitchyness of this.

Any ideas?

Patricia

Hi Ryan,

I’m very sorry to know you are still experiencing these occasional 404 errors. As I can see from your system info you are still running Events Calendar PRO (ECP) version 4.4 and The Events Calendar (TEC) version 4.5.9: please update the plugins to their latest versions (ECP 4.4.17 and TEC 4.5.15) and let me know if the problem is solved after that.

Regarding your tooltip issue, you can easily solve it by adding the following code in your theme’s style.css file:

body[data-hhun="1"] #header-outer:not(.parallax-contained) {
        z-index: 1 !important;
    }

I hope this helps! Let me know if you need anything else in the mean time and I’ll be happy to assist!

Best regards,

Patricia

Ryan Seale
    Participant

Hi Patricia,

I only see Community Events version 4.5? Where can I download the latest? Also, since I paid for Community Events and Events Cal PRO, shouldn’t they be autoupdating?

Thanks!

Ryan

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by Ryan Seale.
    Ryan Seale
    Participant

I’m still getting 404 errors after updating… FYI: I am using WP Multisite with a mapped domain. Could this factor in at all?

Ryan

Patricia

Hi Ryan!

You are right, Community Events is on version 4.5.5 right now. I referred to The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO versions in my last response, that’s why they didn’t match: My apologies for that!

Regarding the plugin updates: there are some hosting providers that automatically update all plugins for you, but in most cases the site owner or administrador is the one responsible to run the updates. Since you have valid and active licenses, if you click to update your plugins from Dashboard, the Premium plugins will be automatically updated as well.

I don’t believe that this specific error is associated with your WordPress setup (multisite with a mapped domain).

Can you please confirm that you are getting this random 404 error only in the Community Events submission form?

Random 404 errors can be caused by caching problems or PHP Memory limit problems: as I can see from your system info you already have a high PHP memory limit (768M), but I would suggest you to increase it a little bit more, purge your site and browser cache and let me know if the issue is solved after that.

If that doesn’t help to solve your problem, please please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share with us any messages you see while accessing your CE submission form. All WP_DEBUG messages will be stored in a debug.log file in /wp-content/debug.log.

If you need anything else in the mean time, please let me know and I’ll be happy to assist!

Best regards,

Patricia

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Events: Repeated 404 even after flush’ is closed to new replies.