Facebook imports has NEVER actually worked

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook imports has NEVER actually worked

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Derek Pennycook
    Participant

Hi,

I love The Events Calendar but I have never had any success with the Event Aggregator

Scheduled Imports simply never happen (Facebook). I have to run manual imports once a week which make it kind of pricey

I have gone through all the plugin conflicts (a few times) tried different themes and even different hosting but zero works.

I had hoped recent updates would have fixed things – any ideas?

spottedinely
    Participant

Should just leave Facebook Events plugin alone!! Works fine and dandy for our needs.

Aggregator is going to ruin us and we will have to start all over again with our thousand of events

Neil Duckett
    Participant

You’re not alone, Derek. It did seem to work for a few days, but the next release then broke it. It’s looking like another 2 weeks according to this thread. https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/importing-facebook-is-not-done/

I’m dumbfounded that something can be tested as thoroughly as claimed … clearly there’s issues with the testing process.

I am also too heavily invested in this to change directions now, everything else is great and is exactly what i need! I just wish the Aggregator would work and become stable.

It won’t be long until my license expires on this product and i’ll have some serious issues with paying to renew it, i doubt i’m the only one who feels the same?!

Barry

Hi everyone,

There have indeed been some teething problems with this service, but we’ve been working hard at correcting them and we hope our latest releases will supply many of you with relief from this specific issue (where manually running import jobs succeeded but failed for the same sources when running automatically/in the “background”).

Please do update your plugins and let me know if the latest fix has helped.

copephotos
    Participant

I was going to come post and say I had the same problems however after installing the most recent update, double checking my import schedule and waiting 30 minutes my events showed up.
    Cheers

Barry

Happy to hear it, @copephotos.

Derek: can you confirm if this specific problem is resolved in your case, too?

Neil Duckett
    Participant

Well, i can happily report, i’ve upgraded to the latest versions and the event aggregator is working automatically! All event images are coming in nicely and there doesn’t seem to be any issues on the surface. Will keep watching but at this stage it looks like we’ve got a working product.

Fingers crossed it all keeps working, well done.

Barry

Excellent, happy to hear it 🙂

Derek Pennycook
    Participant

nope all still fail

I keep paying for all these renewed licences but nothing ever works

Derek Pennycook
    Participant

yes i have disabled every other plugin, tried basic 2017 theme etc

Barry

Sorry to hear that, Derek – and thank you for taking the time to run through those troubleshooting steps. I just want to confirm a few things so I’m clear about the situation as it is in your case:

• Manually running imports works without issue (it is only automated/scheduled imports that fail), is that correct?
    • If you visit the Events → Help screen and scroll to the bottom of the screen, does it state that it has successfully connected to our ea.theeventscalendar.com servers?
    • In that same screen can you enable “Debugging” for the event log if you haven’t done so already and give me an idea of what sort of notices and errors are collected there, if any?

Thanks 🙂

Derek Pennycook
    Participant

Manually running imports works without issue (it is only automated/scheduled imports that fail), is that correct? – YES

If you visit the Events → Help screen and scroll to the bottom of the screen, does it state that it has successfully connected to our ea.theeventscalendar.com servers? – YES

In that same screen can you enable “Debugging” for the event log if you haven’t done so already and give me an idea of what sort of notices and errors are collected there, if any?

I DID AS THE ATTACHED IMAGE BUT THE LOG FILE WAS 0kb

Barry

Thanks for clarifying, Derek: we’re investigating and will do our best to update you soon.

Barry

Hi Derek,

I wanted to drop a brief update in here. Though we don’t have a fix available just yet, we’ve pinpointed what we hope is the underlying bug and are now working toward a definitive fix.

As ever, we’ll keep you posted: I’d advise also that the very next release of The Events Calendar is unlikely to contain the fix — but we’ll certainly strive to get it in place thereafter.

Thanks again for your support and patience while we looked into this.

Nico

Hi there,

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release is out containing various improvements for Events Aggregator. Here’s a breakdown of what’s been released:

• Fix – Avoid Event Aggregator previews or scheduled imports being marked as failures.
    • Fix – Fixed an issue that would sometimes render Event Aggregator options invalid even with a valid license.
    • Fix – Fixed an issues where Event Aggregator scheduled imports could not run other than manually.
    • Tweak – Improve Event Aggregator message regarding Facebook token expiration.
    • Tweak – Support importing from URLs (Event Aggregator) where the protocol hasn’t been specified by defaulting to HTTP.
    • Tweak – Added filter: tribe_aggregator_meta_source to filter the Event Aggregator import source.
    • Tweak – Added filter: tribe_events_linked_post_meta_values_{$current_linked_post_meta_key} for filtering the array of values retrieved for a specific linked post meta field.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-21-august-2017/

Please update The Events Calendar to the latest version, give it a few hours and let us know how things go. If you are still having troubles be sure to report back to us including system information, a detailed description of the issue (if it has changed in anyway since the original report) and steps to reproduce if possible. We are aware some setups might still need adjustments!

Thanks for the patience while we worked on these issues,
    Best,
    Nico

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook imports has NEVER actually worked’ is closed to new replies.