Events not importing

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Events not importing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    karen
    Participant

Not entirely sure when this began, but I went to add a URL import and that did not work. I get the spinning wheel of death. So I tried an ICS file with only one event. Nope. Now a couple of weeks ago, ie: last support ticket 9-13-18 where I asked about picking up other Event Calendars. At that point I was thrilled it worked. But anything I try to import today just hangs. I can upload files just fine, so it is not speed or latency. Any ideas? I will check any recent plugin updates for a conflict.

karen
    Participant

In my staging site, I have deactivated all plugins except Event ones. No joy. Shall I try to install a previous version? I presume that you have them available.

karen
    Participant

Maybe it thinks my license has expired. I have two licenses one which is expired, but not the license that I have registered. Can you remove the Expired Event Aggregator?

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry to hear that you’re having issues with your imports. I will try to help you get this sorted.

Can you share the URL that you are trying to import from? I’d like to give a try from my end.

Also, looking at your Aggregator records, it looks like you are still running Facebook imports somehow? This feature was removed a few months ago after Facebook blocked access to their events API. We no longer support facebook events in our plugins. Do you have some scheduled imports still left from when we supported facebook? Can you try deleting those imports?

Also, in Events > Settings > Imports, can you try clicking “stop current processes” ?

Thanks,
    Sky

karen
    Participant

Here is a simple ICS. I will delete the Facebook imports and stop processes.

karen
    Participant

I stopped and restarted the imports. Apparently they are not showing up in the list but still listed as a number. See attached.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Thanks for providing the file and screenshot.

I am able to import the ics file without any problems.

Regarding the facebook imports, I have asked about how we can delete those without having to go into the database and do it manually. I will let you know when I have more information about that.

I’m not sure the facebook imports would affect everything else like that, but it would be good to remove that from the equation.

Can you try working through the troubleshooting steps in our Testing for Conflicts Guide? Basically, try temporarily switching to the Twenty Seventeen theme and disable ALL other plugins besides the Events Calendar. Try the import again. If it works, enable everything one at a time until the issue returns, and note what it was.

If that doesn’t provide any results, can you try changing the setting in Events > Settings > Imports > “Import Process System” to “Cron-based” and see if that changes anything?

Let me know how that goes.

Thanks,
    Sky

karen
    Participant

I may have mentioned that I already did that in my staging site. still not working. Would you like access to the staging site?

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Did you try changing the setting in Events > Settings > Imports > “Import Process System” to “Cron-based”?

If that doesn’t change anything, can you try installing this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/artiss-transient-cleaner/ and delete your transients?

Let me know how that goes.

Thanks,
    Sky

karen
    Participant

In this instance, what are transients?
    Is there an IP that I need to whitelist perhaps? I did change webservers recently.
    thanks,

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Transients are entries in the database that store site configurations or content that are updated on a time interval. The purpose is to increase performance by reducing calls on each load. They are regenerated when they don’t exist, so there’s no need to worry about breaking anything when deleting them. If there are still transients from before you moved servers, this could indeed be the problem.

Can you give that a try?

Thanks,
    Sky

karen
    Participant

This reply is private.

karen
    Participant

I reached out to the WP Engine people where my site is hosted. Here is what they say.

I replicated the issue described using the steps you outlined with Eric Roiz and I can see in the debugging logs that the failure of previewing the import is due to a PHP Fatal Error being thrown by the events calendar plugin. This is the specific error;
    [01-Oct-2018 09:10:20 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_data_hash() on null in /nas/content/live/soazguide/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Aggregator/Tabs/Abstract.php:140
    Stack trace:
    #0 /nas/content/live/soazguide/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Aggregator/Tabs/New.php(88): Tribe__Events__Aggregator__Tabs__Abstract->handle_submit()
    #1 /nas/content/live/soazguide/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Aggregator/Tabs/New.php(420): Tribe__Events__Aggregator__Tabs__New->handle_submit()
    #2 [internal function]: Tribe__Events__Aggregator__Tabs__New->ajax_create_import(”)
    #3 /nas/content/live/soazguide/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #4 /nas/content/live/soazguide/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(”, Array)
    #5 /nas/content/live/soazguide/wp-includes/plugin.php(453): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
    #6 /nas/content/live/soazguide/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php(100): do_action(‘wp_ajax_tribe_a…’)
    #7 {main}
    thrown in /nas/content/live/soazguide/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Aggregator/Tabs/Abstract.php on line 140

Unfortunately I cannot say precisely why this error is occurring with this plugin, but it does appear to be an issue that the developers of this plugin are aware of.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/csv-import-creates-error-500-when-starting-preview/

Please check on this and let me know when a new release is in effect.
    Thanks
    Karen

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Thanks for providing that additional data and the link to the other support thread.

That fix will hopefully be released tomorrow, so let’s see if that fixes it for you.

After the maintenance release tomorrow, try updating all of our plugins and see if that fixed things.

Thanks,
    Sky

karen
    Participant

This release did not fix anything. I see where I have 36 imports, presumably 32 of them are facebook imports. But I cannot see them to delete them, if that is the problem.
    Please tell me how to fix this, or tell me how to get back to a version that I can delete these Facebook entries and see if that opens the gate.
    Alternatively, I can run some mysql queries to remove them if I knew what needed to be removed.

We have tried all the other alternatives, let’s get this fixed. I would really hate to have to reinstall and add all these events again. In fact, that won’t happen. Please see what you can do.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • The topic ‘Events not importing’ is closed to new replies.