Events not importing

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Events not importing

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Sorry to hear that the update did not resolve your problem. Looking at the bug ticket, it seems that this particular fix was delayed until the next maintenance release for some reason.

In the meantime, I do have a plugin that should remove the facebook entries and stop throwing that error.

You can access the plugin here: https://gist.github.com/skyshab/cd51514d976ae41cf82fc5fbae8f1364

Just add that to your “must use plugins” folder (wp-content/mu-plugins) and reload the admin. Once you see that the scheduled imports have been removed, you can remove or delete the plugin.

Note that if the “mu-plugins” folder does not exist yet, you can just create it inside “wp-content.”

Give that a shot, and let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
    Sky

karen
    Participant

This reply is private.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

I marked your previous reply as “private.”

By “reload” I just mean visit the admin page. If you were already on the admin page, you would need to reload to see the results.

Let me know if that removes the facebook imports for you.

Thanks,
    Sky

karen
    Participant

No, it did not remove the imports. Where can I get a previous version that still has the facebook code in it so that I can resolve this? Event Aggregator is a good idea, but we lost Facebook and now I cannot load anything.
    Thanks,
    Karen

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

I’m sorry to hear that the plugin did not remove the facebook imports for you. I took a look at the bug tickets where that was submitted as a temporary solution, and I don’t see any other reports that it didn’t work yet.

To download previous versions of our plugins, visit the downloads page in your account. https://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/downloads/

The Event Aggregator is not a plugin, but a cloud based service, so there’s no way to use a previous version of that. You can however downgrade to an older version of The Events Calendar, as it contains the code that interfaces with the Aggregator server.

While you can try this, you might encounter other issues that have since been fixed with the older plugins. Removing the imports from the database manually is not that difficult if you are familiar with phpMyAdmin and database tables in general.

Is that something you are able to do? If so, I can guide you through finding the entries in the database to remove them. The plugin automates this process, but if you’re not able to get it to work for some reason, this might be worth a shot.

I’m not sure that the leftover facebook imports are even the cause of you being unable to use the Aggregator service, but it’s worth trying to see if it does fix things up.

Thanks,
    Sky

karen
    Participant

Sky,
    thanks. Yes, I am more familiar with MSSQL but they are quite similar. If you can provide table and column info or the actual query, I can run it.
    thanks
    Karen

karen
    Participant

Your latest update, 4.6.24.1 fixed the problem! Thanks for all your help.

karen
    Participant

karen
    Participant

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Great! I’m glad to hear the latest update fixed your problem.

Please let us know if you have any questions or issues in the future.

Thanks,
    Sky

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • The topic ‘Events not importing’ is closed to new replies.