CSV import creates error 500 when starting preview

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO CSV import creates error 500 when starting preview

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Paul Kalkbrenner
    Participant

When going to (German): Admin > Veranstaltungen > Importieren > Neuer Import > CSV Datei > Veranstaltungen > Datei wählen > click „Vorschau (preview)“ creates 500 error:

[24-Sep-2018 08:14:43 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_data_hash() on null in \wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar\src\Tribe\Aggregator\Tabs\Abstract.php:140
    Stack trace:
    #0 \wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar\src\Tribe\Aggregator\Tabs\New.php(88): Tribe__Events__Aggregator__Tabs__Abstract->handle_submit()
    #1 \wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar\src\Tribe\Aggregator\Tabs\New.php(420): Tribe__Events__Aggregator__Tabs__New->handle_submit()
    #2 \wp-includes\class-wp-hook.php(298): Tribe__Events__Aggregator__Tabs__New->ajax_create_import(”)
    #3 \wp-includes\class-wp-hook.php(323): WP_Hook->apply_filters(”, Array)
    #4 \wp-includes\plugin.php(453): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
    #5 \wp-admin\admin-ajax.php(91): do_action(‘wp_ajax_tribe_a…’)
    #6 {main}
    thrown in \wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar\src\Tribe\Aggregator\Tabs\Abstract.php on line 140

Preview creates 500 error and does not show any results. Does neither work with PHP5 or 7 version. Can you please help. Thx

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Paul,

Sorry to hear about this.

Could you please share with me the file / feed you are trying to import so I can take a look?

Thanks!

Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Do you, did you by chance have any scheduled imports set up from Facebook?

A.

Paul Kalkbrenner
    Participant

Hi Andras,
    attached you find a csv file with only one Event, that didnt work as well as the complete import which consisted of few hundert events.

Paul Kalkbrenner
    Participant

Hi Andras,
    your asking about FB imports, which is another issue. But i did und do have in fact scheduled imports from FB. But i cannot see them anymore due to Events aggregator lacking support for FB imports. I also cannot update FB token, since there is noch anymore any menue for that in event aggregator. I made you a screenshor how that looks in my backend.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hallo Paul,

Thanks for sharing that!

The errors are likely related to a bug we are aware about. It is related to Facebook imports. Since Facebook changed their API it is not possible any more to import events from there the ‘old’ way, so we had to remove that functionality in order not to confuse people, and not to make them think it still works. After the change in the code, in some rare edge cases errors like you shared appear.

A fix for that is already on the way, if all goes well we are going to publish it next week with the maintenance release. Hang in there.

As for the csv import, when you do the preview do you get a view similar to this screenshot?

The preview shows only one column. That happens because the file uses semi-colon (;) to separate the different columns. The import cannot work with that, it would need a comma (,) as a separator.

Cheers,
    Andras

Paul Kalkbrenner
    Participant

Hi Andras,

thats good news, so I’ll keep patient till next week. Concerning your question, no, i don’t see anthing similar to that. In the past everything was fine with semikolons (don’t really remember if I changed csv to comma instead of semikolon as separator, actually i don’t think so) and i saw separate columns/fields to match.

Now i just see the rotating circle in preview an nothing more happens

https://we.tl/t-Yx7roH6Yh6

Andras
    Keymaster

If it works well with semicolons for you, that’s good, no need to change. Might be that it is affected by an operating system setting. Not sure.

The maintenance release is planned to come on Tuesday. So only a little to go. We’ll keep you posted.

Cheers,
    Andras

Paul Kalkbrenner
    Participant

I did install the update today, but still there is noch CSV import possible.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Paul,

I’m sorry to say, something didn’t go well during testing so the fix has been postponed to the next maintenance release, which will come in 3 weeks.

Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Nico

Hi there,

Reaching out to let you know the fix for this issue has been released as part of The Events Calendar 4.6.24.1.

Please update The Events Calendar, and let us know if this fixes the issue.

Thanks for the patience while we worked this out.

Best,
    Nico

Paul Kalkbrenner
    Participant

Thank you, yes it does fix the issue. I can import CSV data again. Looks a bit different than before, the fields are in one line instead of as before underneath each other, which makes it difficult to read, since the Field names are overlapping.

Paul Kalkbrenner
    Participant

this is a screenshot of the described above

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Paul,

Thanks for confirming that it works! I’m happy to hear that.

Also thanks for the screenshot. Having the columns next to each other is normal, that’s how it should look like. However, the ‘design’ you have looks very unusual. What device are you using? Is it a PC, Mac or a tablet?

Might be a plugin or you theme did some modification on the looks of things.

This is how it should look like normally: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/e60jfsizj48w540/shot_181011_121418.jpg

There is no overlapping in the columns.

To find out if another plugin or your theme is doing these changes you can go through our conflict testing guide.

If you have a test site, I would be happy to log in and take a look as well.

Cheers,
    Andras

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘CSV import creates error 500 when starting preview’ is closed to new replies.