Help Desk

Events do not show past February 2018

Hi We have a few sites that are using Event Aggregator. From what I can see they are importing events on schedule without issue but it seems that events past February 20th are not being added to the calendars. I see if I add an event manually through the site it shows up in March.

What might be the problem here? Is there some simple setting we are missing? Thanks

Hi there,

Thanks for emailing support! Can you also try testing for conflicts with your theme and other plugins? If you would prefer not to do this on your live site, WP Staging will let you create a quick copy of your live site that you can use for testing. Let me know what you find!

Thanks,
    Brendan

Hi,

It was working fine until recently. You guys have no other reports of this?

So here is what I noticed. I have a calendar

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/en.ukrainian%23holiday%40group.v.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

It has events in it for the entire year. But when I go to import it it only imports the events from the current month. The screen below shows only 2 events for this month and next month but none of the other events that are on the calendar.
    http://icecream.me/88666cf7956488a3f2d6adfa1bdf8399

In google the same calendar shows much more than 2 events: http://icecream.me/75a178a4dc6c0944101c56298bf530c4

What is limiting it in this way? Do I have to filter it? I thought that if I left the date filters blank it would import everything?

Thanks

Just to follow up on this last thread. It seems that it only imports events for the current month we are in. There doesn’t seem to be any conflicts, just something wrong with the way it is importing. Does it have to do with our import limit being met?

Please let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Hi there,

Possibly could be hitting a limit. I see you are at 200 for your plan. How many events are you trying to import?

Thanks,
    Brendan

Thanks, how are the imports counted? Is it by event or by calendar? We
    have thousands of events with almost 200 sites… what solutions can you
    offer us?

Hi there,

They are counted by imports per day. We do have another option called the Event HUB which allows 1000 imports per day.

You can upgrade to that plan inside your account under My Account.

Let me know if that works.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Hi

Thanks! Can you verify if we are indeed hitting our limit or if this is some other problem? Also, it’s still not clear what qualifies as a import? If I have an ical link with 200 events is that 200 imports or is just importing all 200 events counting as one import?

Thanks

Hi,

Just following up on my last message in this thread.

Thanks!

Hi,

Can you assist me please? Thanks!

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay. Company is on retreat. Anyway, if you go to Events > Help you can see your imports.

Each event is considered an import.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Each event is considered an import? Wow… So what do we do if we have 200 sites with hundreds of events? Even the 1000 is no good for us…

Thanks

Also, sorry, I don’t see the imports being counted. Can you point out where I should see this? Thank you!

OK. I see it in the sites:

http://icecream.me/c7325be6add2584f5c9183d86a9ec5c7

But here is the problem. As I mentioned we have over 200 sites. This one site in screen shot already used up 24 imports for the day. But 199 other sites have similar imports required. Can we split up the license some how? Like buy multiple licenses? How can we work this? I imagine each site will need at least 50 per day…which is about 10K imports.

Thanks!

Jared

Hi, please let me know if you have any solutions for us. Thanks!

Hi Jared,

In this case you will want to buy a event hub licenses and you can use the same license on multiple sites, up to 10. This will give you 1,000 each day.

Let me know if that makes sense.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Up to 10 sites would mean we would get 1000 imports for every 10 sites and then would have to get a new hub license for every 10 sites? So in our case 20 hub license for 200 sites?

Hi there,

Yes, that is correct. you can only use the hub on 10 sites max.

Thanks,

Brendan

Ok. Or i can purchase the 1000 import license and use that across all our
    sites?

Correct, up to 10 sites for the same license. However, we may have another option but I can’t for sure. Checking now to see if possible and we will get back to you.

Is there anyway to use 1000 imports across all our sites until the import limit is met? Why is there a limit on the amount of sites we can use it on? This isn’t so clear to me. Just need to make sure I am upgrading to the right license. Thanks for your assistance.

Hi Jared,

I found out why there is a limit on sites. It comes down to scaling issues on our aggregator and anything more than 10 will degrade the service. This is something we are working on but until that happens which may take a while there will be a 10 site maximum per hub license.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Thank you for your answer. So with that in mind here is the question then. We have a multisite with about 100 sites now and plan to have up to 300. Some sites use much more imports than others. Is it possible to use the license for 1000 imports only on the sites that have high usage and use the regular 200 import license for the rest of the sites?

What solutions can we come to here?

Thanks

What about get rid of the 10 site limit and then use 1000 uploads across all the sites and then when 1000 runs out we have to wait for next day to reset?

Hi Jared,

That is correct. So say you have the license on 10 sites and 5 sites aggregate 200 each in the morning. Then it would reset to the next day and start with a fresh 1000 imports available.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Right, but that’s not exactly my question. Can we share the 1000 imports with 100 sites say so each site gets 10 imports?

Hi there,

No, you can only share the license with 10 sites. Meaning it can only be installed on 10 sites. Even if you only use 10 imports for each site.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Do you have options for a multisite? Will the 300 imports work across multiple sites?

Hi there,

• If your multisite network uses the directory format for its sub-site URLs (i.e. mainsite.com/subsite), each sub-site will count as part of the main site, and a 16-site network for example will not exceed the 10-site limit.
    • If your multisite network uses a domain or subdomain format for its sub-site URLs (i.e. subsite.mainsite.com or subsite.com), each sub-site will appear to Event Aggregator as having a unique root URL, and a 16-site network for example will exceed the 10-site limit.

Thanks,
    Brendan

The topic ‘Events do not show past February 2018’ is closed to new replies.