Events cannot be imported because we received an error from Facebook:

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Events cannot be imported because we received an error from Facebook:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Cyrus
    Participant

Import failed: Events cannot be imported because we received an error from Facebook:

Receiving above error consistently for our site’s primary import source when importing using Event Aggregator scheduled imports: http://facebook.com/azresist

I have tried scheduling this import source both daily and hourly but it continues to consistently fail. I have also attempted to use the preview function and it fails with the same error. I have the tribe_aggregator_connection_timeout filter set to 240 with the following code.
    add_filter('tribe_aggregator_connection_timeout', 'azr_connection_timeout', 10, 1);
    function azr_connection_timeout($timeout)
    {
    return 240;
    }

Can you provide me with any additional insight or suggestions regarding this issue? How high should I set this timeout value?

• This topic was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Cyrus.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Jaime Marchwinski.
    Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Mullaney

Thanks for reaching out to us! Sorry about the issue with the import.

At the moment we are experiencing high traffic in our forums. Our response time might be a bit longer than usual, our apologies for this.

One of our support members will help you out as soon as possible.

Until then please provide us your system information and if possible the error that you receive from Facebook.

Thank you for your patience!

Cheers,
    Andras

Hi Thomas,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

I tested the URL for the Facebook group’s event page and experienced the same error as you.  However when I tried to import a single event from that page, I was able to do so successfully.  Do you have the same results?

In any case, I believe this is an error in the way that specific page was set up on Facebook.  It appears to be a different format than other pages that I have seen.  Are you the administrator for that page?  Any additional information would be helpful!

As Andras mentioned, please provide us your system information in a private reply as well.

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Cyrus
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for providing me with all of that information.

Can you enable and check the Event Log under Events < Help to see if you see anything unusual? Right under that is your Event Aggregator Status. Can you take a screenshot of what you see there?

In the meantime, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1.    A conflict with another plugin

2.    A conflict with your WordPress theme

3.    A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1.    Make a backup of your database

2.    Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

But before doing that, please make sure you are running with the most recent versions of our plugins.

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Cyrus
    Participant

Jaime, you said in your reply on the 24th “I tested the URL for the Facebook group’s event page and experienced the same error as you.”

If you can reproduce the error then why are you having me test for conflicts? There are no conflicts on my system if you are encountering the same failure in your test environment. I have 749 other import sources that work just fine. The problem is likely related to the sheer number of events in this Facebook Page’s Event Feed and a timeout adjustment being needed somewhere.

My status indicators are all green. You can find event logs from the EA help screen for the past 24 hours at https://azresist.org/tribe-log-2018-01-27.txt

Please advise.

Hi Thomas,

What host are you using?  I’d recommend reaching out to your host, letting them know that the issue is related to Facebook imports, and see if they can assist you to increase your timeout connection in order to make this page work.

Thanks,

Jaime

Cyrus
    Participant

@Jaimetri-be it would be great if you could provide me with more details regarding the specific inquiry that you believe I should pose to my hosting provider. I’m still confused on how an issue that you can replicate can be the fault of my hosting provider. Again, this is 1 out of 751 import sources causing a failure every time we attempt to import. It just so happens that this import source is the most critical one to our organization.

The exception being generated is in Tribe code, obfuscated behind the Event Aggregator service. Can you escalate this to a developer to test this failure on the event aggregator server side?

Hi Thomas,

Most of our staff is currently away on our Team Trip, but when they return next week I will reach out and have my colleagues take a look at this issue.

In the meantime, I’m wondering if there is a way for you to contact Facebook and find out what the error is that they are referring to in the message when trying to import.

Let me know what you find!

Thanks,

Jaime

Cyrus
    Participant

Hi @jaimetri-be ! Any updates from the team? We have not been able to get any information about the non-descript error occurring when importing from this import source and would appreciate your continued assistance.

Hi Thomas,

I have reached out to my colleagues to get some feedback on this issue.  In the meantime, can you please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see, as well as your PHP error logs, and possible errors in your Event Aggregator Status under Events < Help.

Thanks,

Jaime

Cyrus
    Participant

The previous logs I provided already had debug logging enabled. No relevant messages are logged.

Hi Thomas,

I’m getting an error when I try to access those logs, would you mind re-including them?

You can also check with your host to get the PHP error logs if necessary.

Let me know if you have any questions on that in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Cyrus
    Participant

There is nothing in the logs.
    [18-Feb-2018 01:22:07 UTC] the-events-calendar/common - Log: Initializing Tribe Events on Feb, 18th at 01:02:07 am
    [18-Feb-2018 01:22:13 UTC] the-events-calendar/common - Log: Initializing Tribe Events on Feb, 18th at 01:02:13 am
    [18-Feb-2018 01:22:42 UTC] the-events-calendar/common - Log: Initializing Tribe Events on Feb, 18th at 01:02:42 am
    [18-Feb-2018 01:23:11 UTC] the-events-calendar/common - Log: Initializing Tribe Events on Feb, 18th at 01:02:11 am
    [18-Feb-2018 01:23:54 UTC] the-events-calendar/common - Log: Initializing Tribe Events on Feb, 18th at 01:02:54 am
    [18-Feb-2018 01:24:01 UTC] the-events-calendar/common - Log: Initializing Tribe Events on Feb, 18th at 01:02:01 am
    [18-Feb-2018 01:24:01 UTC] the-events-calendar/common - Log: Initializing Tribe Events on Feb, 18th at 01:02:01 am
    [18-Feb-2018 01:24:13 UTC] the-events-calendar/common - Log: Initializing Tribe Events on Feb, 18th at 01:02:13 am
    [18-Feb-2018 01:24:14 UTC] the-events-calendar/common - Log: Initializing Tribe Events on Feb, 18th at 01:02:14 am
    [18-Feb-2018 01:24:48 UTC] the-events-calendar/common - Log: Initializing Tribe Events on Feb, 18th at 01:02:48 am
    [18-Feb-2018 01:24:49 UTC] the-events-calendar/common - Log: Initializing Tribe Events on Feb, 18th at 01:02:49 am
    [18-Feb-2018 01:24:51 UTC] the-events-calendar/common - Log: Initializing Tribe Events on Feb, 18th at 01:02:51 am
    [18-Feb-2018 01:25:06 UTC] the-events-calendar/common - Log: Initializing Tribe Events on Feb, 18th at 01:02:06 am
    [18-Feb-2018 01:25:06 UTC] the-events-calendar/common - Log: Initializing Tribe Events on Feb, 18th at 01:02:06 am

There is nothing in the PHP Error logs.

Can you once more please replicate the issue and report it to your development team. Create an import for the Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/azresist. You will note that the import source cannot be successfully imported. This is a bug in the Event Aggregator Service. This is not a problem with the facebook page configuration. It is not a conflict either, the issue occurs on my development environment when there are no customizations applied or theme conflicts. I WAS able to import from this source previously and using the Xylus Import Facebook Events plugin.

Thanks again for your time Jaime

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for all of your patience and understanding throughout this process.  One more thing to try before I log the bug:

Can you try disconnecting and reconnecting your site to Facebook?  Sometimes that does the trick and we’ve had other users report that this resolved their issue.

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘Events cannot be imported because we received an error from Facebook:’ is closed to new replies.