Events cannot be imported because we received an error from Facebook:

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Events cannot be imported because we received an error from Facebook:

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Cyrus
    Participant

@Jamie – no resolution from disconnecting and reconnecting facebook accounts to the import plugin.

Hi Thomas,

Just to confirm, you disconnected from wp-admin > Events > Settings > APIs tab ?

Let me know!

Thanks,

Jaime

Cyrus
    Participant

Yes @jaimetri-be we have disconnected and reconnected our Facebook account as a troubleshooting step. We have also tried using multiple different Facebook accounts.

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for all of this information.  I have logged a bug report for this issue and you will be notified when a fix has become available.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this glitch and we are actively working on a solution for this.

I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed, as it’s in the development team’s hands now.

They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

The good news is that you will be contacted as soon as a fix is available.

Thank you for your patience as we see this through.  Please let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas!

Just wanted to share with you that we have shipped a fix for this issue. It’s all on our Event Aggregator server side of things so you don’t need to update any plugins.

Of course, please make sure you are using the latest versions of our plugins. Remember you can always download our plugins from your downloads page > https://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/downloads/

We appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Please try your imports again and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Cyrus
    Participant

@Victor I’m still unable to import events from the public Facebook Page https://facebook.com/azresist using the latest version of The Events Calendar. I receive the same error message cited in the original description on both our production and development environments.

Thank you for following up.  I have logged a new bug report for this issue, as I was able to reproduce the issue on my end as well.

I will set this thread’s status as “Pending fix” and link it to the report. This way, we will notify you once a fix is released.

We apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience while we work on this.

Please let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Thanks,

Jaime

Barry

Hi Thomas 🙂

As you may already be aware, it is no longer possible for us to support importing from Facebook via Event Aggregator (this is pretty frustrating, but is due to circumstances outside of our control).

In light of that, we have closed the corresponding bug ticket as we can’t really perform further investigation on this one.

I hope that’s understandable, but do let us know of any further concerns you might have about this.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘Events cannot be imported because we received an error from Facebook:’ is closed to new replies.