Events Calendar changing Nav Menu?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar changing Nav Menu?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    corey
    Participant

Phil,
    Yep, I’m seeing the same behavior.

Joey Kudish

Hey guys,

I’m the dev who worked on this issue with Rob. I’d like to ask you a few questions about plugins you’re running, the theme version, etc… but I think it would be faster and easier if I could have immediate access to your site. Can you please send a set of wp-admin and ftp credentials to pro [at] tri.be and reference this thread in the email?

If you do so soon, hopefully I’ll be able to figure out what’s going on and get it properly patched. Otherwise, we might have to release 2.0.4 without this patch, which would be a shame.

Let us know!
    Thanks

corey
    Participant

Sent
    Hope it helps.

Phil
    Participant

Hey Joey,

I sent login credentials though the site, so you should see it show up in the email. Let me know if you need anything else.

Rob

Hey guys. Just to confirm, both your creds have been received and passed along to Joey accordingly. We’re looking at this now and will report back what we can from there.

Joey Kudish

Hey guys,

Just went through the two sites; a few notes on each:

— Corey: you are running an old version of Headway (2.x) whereas the newest is 3.x. Unfortunately at this time, we can only support the most up to date version since our fixes depend on the current Headway codebase. Realistically speaking it doesn’t make sense for us to go back and support a now old and deprecated version of the theme. That being said I navigated around your site’s /calendar pages and in no scenario did the menu items change, so I am wondering if there is a specific page where it occurs only? In any case, unfortunately as I said, we can only support the most recent codebase of Headway.

— Phil: I was able to duplicate the issue on your site very easily and was also able to see the issue on my local development site. With that, I was able to further debug the issue and create a proper patch in our 2.0.4 code. We’re going to QA this one internally and we’ll have a final release in the next few days for sure.

Thanks
    Joey

corey
    Participant

Hi Joey,

There is no way to update from headway 2.x to 3.x at the moment so it’s still a supported version from headway.

All you need to do is to switch it to the default page template. (I stated this on page1 of this thread) Then go to the calendar page.

Screenshot taken moments ago: http://cl.ly/33172A0v0D1J2Q1A1g1Y

Joey Kudish

Corey: Fair enough – I didn’t mean to exclude you or anything like that; but it is kind of a shame that Headway doesn’t provide a good upgrade path for their users from 2.x to 3.x. Unfortunately though, we do have to limit our testing and support time for third-party themes to the most recent versions. And to be perfectly honest, Headway does so much of it’s own thing (outside of WordPress core behaviour) that it makes particularly difficult to test against and support in an official capacity. That’s why, for example, we probably won’t fix the issue with the Events Default Template.

Anyway, I just tested my most recent patch and it will fix the issue for 2.x as well as 3.x – so we’re all set here. Expect an imminent release in the next few days.

Phil
    Participant

Thanks for helping me out with my Headway issues. You went above and beyond and I appreciate it!

Rob

Happy to help, Phil – glad to be of service. Does this mean you’re all set here?

Sheila
    Participant

YEAH! I’m thrilled to report that I finally found time after a week away, to update ECP and it does indeed fix the menu problem for me using HT3.0.5. Now on to customizing the look. Thanks to the OP and to the tri.be crew for the tenacity needed to fix this. HOORAY!

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Sheila,

Glad to hear the update sorted this out for you!

corey
    Participant

I’m still seeing the issue in 2.x. Fingers crossed Headway will have an upgrade build available soon.

Rob

Thanks for confirming, Corey – let me know if we can get Headway anything that can help make that possible on their end…

corey
    Participant

Hey Rob,

I’m afraid we’re at an impasse here since headway won’t be doing an upgrade for 2.x any time soon.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar changing Nav Menu?’ is closed to new replies.