Events Calendar changing Nav Menu?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events Calendar changing Nav Menu?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Rob

I’ll let Jonah respond directly, but I think we’re at a point where this is unfortunately is something that we’re going to have to wait on a fix for in 2.1.

Jonah
    Participant

Unfortunately I know of no other solutions – I’ve got this same problem with a theme on my local install and could not figure out how to fix it… Corey, we’ll dig around a bit more but it might be that you’ll have to wait until 2.1.

corey
    Participant

I’m very sorry to hear that.

Is there an estimate on when 2.1 will be available?

corey
    Participant

I’m curious about an estimate because if It will be too far away I’m guessing my client will require I find an alternate calendar solution.

Rob

Sorry about that. You may want to browse the OS forum at WordPress.org to see if any users have proposed hacks in the interim. As for the 2.1 status…aiming to have it out by this time next month at the latest. May be sooner depending on how quick we can squash these bugs but no guarantees on that front.

corey
    Participant

I just found another issue. Without the use of the visual editor I’m unable to create my sub menu on the calendar page, therefore I’m unable even link to the rest of the content area using the current Events Calendar Pro.

Here’s a screenshot of what’s returned when attempting to use the visual editor http://cl.ly/0t1d1s3M2c153L2G3o2E

I just posted this issue in the headway themes forum to see if anyone’s able to help and will report back.

Meanwhile do you have any suggestions for another calendar plugin that has similar functionality? I just need something to get be buy until 2.1 comes out.

Rob

Jonah, any thoughts on this? That screenshot is totally foreign to me.

Is it possible, Corey, that what you’re seeing in the screenshot there is independent of the nav issue? IE a conflict with another plugin you’ve got active?

corey
    Participant

Hey Rob,

The visual editor does work when on the Default Page Template but does not work when I switch to the Default Events Template. However I can’t use the Default Page template because of the Navigation Links issue change that I first mentioned. This issue has never happened before installing Events Calendar Pro.

corey
    Participant

Ugh
    Had a reply back from the headway forums:

“We don’t support plugins. There’s just too many of them out there. I’d recommend contacting the plugin developer about the issue. If they can’t figured it out, have them contact us and we’ll work with them on the issue.”

Dang

Rob

Hah. I actually have exchanged emails with the Headway guys a few times…why don’t I shoot them a note about this to see what’s up? No guarantees it’ll lead to anything, but seems worth a shot and they’ve been rather receptive so far. But I can see where they’re coming from regarding supporting plugin conflicts. It can definitely be a time-consuming issue.

Also, we decided yesterday that we’re going to have a 2.0.3 release that’ll be out no later than 12/24; this is one of the 10 issues we’re including in that “emergency” release. We haven’t yet squashed the bug so I can’t guarantee we’ll have a fix for you, but it’s one of our main priorities right now so I expect it’ll be resolved. Sorry I couldn’t offer up more…sit tight until that 2.0.3 release and hopefully you’ll be all set.

corey
    Participant

Best news I’ve heard all week. thanks Rob!

Rob

My pleasure…sorry we couldn’t offer up anything in the short term. We’re working on 2.0.3 and will get it out ASAP. Let me know if you need anything else from us in the interim!

corey
    Participant

Hi again,

Is there any update on when the 2.0.3 update will be available?

Thanks and hope you’re having a good end to your year.

Rob

Hey Corey. We’re putting the finishing touches on it now; should be out within a week at most. I’d let you test out what we’ve got on the beta front for it right now, but I see that this issue hasn’t yet been tackled…so it’d be useless to send your way. We’ve been out on holiday until today, but now that everyone is back we’re hitting the ground running. We realize 2.0.3 is a priority due to the number of bug fixes it’ll contain, and are working hard to get it out the door. Sorry I couldn’t offer anything in the more immediate interim.

corey
    Participant

Can you give me any ETA? I bought it close to a month ago and haven’t even been able to use it yet. I’m getting a lot of strong encouragement to have something.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar changing Nav Menu?’ is closed to new replies.