Eventbrite Tickets Feature Requests

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Eventbrite Tickets Feature Requests

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Rob

In keeping with the tradition set forth on the Events Calendar PRO forum (where our feature request thread for that plugin has already received 150 responses and counting), this thread should serve as the dumping ground for all feature requests related to Eventbrite Tickets.

No idea is too large or small for inclusion on the list below. While we obviously cannot guarantee every request will make the cut, your ideas will be instrumental in helping us improve this plugin over it’s lifecycle…and will allow us to get a first-hand perspective on what features are important to our users. Fire away!

Rob

The first suggestions came from Ryan, over at this thread: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/release-eventbrite-tickets-1-0-1/. He had some good ideas. Specifically:

1. “Ability to hide fields in the right-hand box in the Events List. (also, when leaving the country field blank/”Select Country”, it displays “Select Country” in the address on the front-end).”

This is an interesting idea. I assume he meant the event meta data that appears in list view ( ), but would you want this specific to Eventbrite events or for all events in the system?

2. “In the same right-hand box, the text wraps funny, especially the address. It should read like a normal address.”

This one is generally template-specific; the template can be changed under Settings -> The Events Calendar, but we are aware that there are some additional options needed here…and are working to include those in the core Events plugin, hopefully 2.1.

3. “Ability to hide fields on the individual Event page (especially “Event” since it’s a bit redundant with the name as the title of the post, “Last Updated”).”

This is a good idea. The “Updated” option, specifically, is required based on the SEO microformats we incorporated in 2.0 (and hiding it, while doable, will likely lead you to take a hit from an SEO standpoint). The rest of the options can be hidden via opening up the plugin files…but not everyone is going to feel comfortable doing that, and I can see your point that having this as an option for non-technical users would be wise. No guarantees but I am adding it to the list.

4. “The event details at the top of the individual event post are forced into columns that only fill two-thirds of the space, forcing the details to take up more vertical space than necessary and leaving dead space on the right.”

This is another one that I think our improved templating structure (in core Events, rather than Eventbrite) will help address conflict.

5. “Ability to move Eventbrite tickets above Event description (our descriptions can be lengthy and since people are not used to ordering tickets on our site yet, they may not see the ticket box).”

This is a good suggestion. I wonder if it’s doable via some light customization; at the very least I think it’s worth having Jonah put together a tutorial on (since my guess is the technology is already in place).

Q
    Participant

how about hooking into the EB API to allow users to view current and previous ticket purchases from within our own sites?
    view post here:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/eventbrite-sign-up-purchases-page-2/

Kelly
    Participant

I’d like a toggle to select whether to update the EB event when updating the WP event.

Leah

Great ideas Kelly & Ray! Thanks!

Q
    Participant

Back again – I have a few more ideas:

Each EB event can have a featured image – why not pass the featured images of the WP post, if this is allowed?

I also wrote to EB today about opening up their API to allow for CC sales – it’s really annoying to have to add and then manually remove PayPal settings.

In fact, as an overall UX it’s a little odd to be able to add only the first ticket via WP – and then to shift to EB to complete and fine-tune the event – it is a confusing concept to try and train up a non-technical client on.

I agree that the validation for adding tickets is important, but it’s not consistent – one of the clearest example is on the start date of tickets, which from within the EB site can be set in the past – but which must be a future time from with WP ( the main disadvantage of this is that the ticket cannot then be tested until the date is set to the past on the EB site ) – if EB allows past dates for tickets, why don’t you?

Similarly, I would default to an end date for ticket sales to x hours or x days before the event – configured as a main setting in the plugin, with a manual override option per ticket, if required.

I think that the most important element for me – and really the thing that will keep this add-on active on my clients site is improving the integration between the two systems – aiming to move all the optins required to add multiple tickets within WP – reducing the need to move between both sites to complete a simple ticket set-up.

There are many fine-tuning options available on EB tickets ( I’ve not checked the API to see which may be configured remotely ) but where possible, it must make sense to pass automated settings which can be manually over-ridden where possible – such as custom event URL’s and as mentioned event images.

Overall – I’m happy, but the client is the ultimate judge and their level of technical knowledge is the real decider – this plugin is bordering on geeky and I love that, but geeks needs clients to pay the bills!

Thanks…

Leah

Thanks Ray! We totally agree that it would be best if more could take place within WordPress, and we’re working to make that happen. We’ve also got an upcoming Wootickets add on that will work that way, which is pretty exciting. I’ve added your insights to our notes. Thank you!

~Leah

Q
    Participant

Thanks Leah – be great if you could fix the ticket start and end dates at least to speed up the adding process – as for the new plugin, that’s good news but we’ve already paid for this one!

Leah

I appreciate your thorough comments, Ray. The start and end dates should certainly be consistent with Eventbrite, so I’ll note that particularly as something to fix. Thank you!

Henning

I agree with the suggestion to have the ability to move the EB tickets above the event description. Our site is new and our visitors are not used to buy tickets via our site. It would be great if they could see the sales box right away without scrolling down.

Barry

Hi Henning, I’d need to look into that to be sure but I see no reason why that couldn’t be accomplished now with a simple customization. If you want to explore that idea feel free to create a new thread (I don’t want to unnecessarily take up space here in the features request thread).

Thanks!

Leah

* Subscribing to future posts here

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite Tickets Feature Requests’ is closed to new replies.