Eventbrite ticket Information no longer showing / cannot import events

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Eventbrite ticket Information no longer showing / cannot import events

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Alex Petrie
    Participant

Hi,
    My client let me know today that a lot of events (imported via Eventbrite Ticket and shown via Event Calendar Pro) are no longer showing the ticket information from Eventbrite.

For example
    Eventbrite shows ticket registration
    https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/where-could-your-business-sell-online-tickets-48948448126

But their website does not
    http://www.businessfactorynt.co.uk/event/where-could-your-business-sell-online-3/

I have managed to find one event on their website that does show ticket info
    http://www.businessfactorynt.co.uk/event/the-customer-bit-19/
    But in general they don’t

Why is this?

In line with some other issues I have seen on your forums we also have the following message permanently displayed in admin:
    Currently migrating Eventbrite events to ensure proper data is displayed when editing.

And I am unable to import events getting the error:
    Unable to process this import – a breakage or conflict may have resulted in the import halting.

Thanks

Hi Alex,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

As a first step, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

• A conflict with another plugin
    • A conflict with your WordPress theme
    • A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

• Make a backup of your database
    • Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Alex Petrie
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve followed your instructions re testing for a conflict and the problem remains!

What’s next?

Thanks for going through that testing.

Can you try importing the URL with .com instead, like this:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/where-could-your-business-sell-online-tickets-48948448126

I tried importing it that way and was able to successfully do so.

Let me know if that works for you!

Thanks,

Jaime

Alex Petrie
    Participant

Hi,

it previews ok, and goes to:

Your import is currently in progress. Don’t worry, you can safely navigate away–the import will continue in the background.

But after some time of waiting is goes to :

Unable to process this import – a breakage or conflict may have resulted in the import halting.

I tried this previously having seen the suggestion in another thread on the same topic and got the same result

What now?

Alex Petrie
    Participant

Is there any progress with this?

I can see from the support forum that I am certainly not alone in having these problems (I have read most of the tickets that are not marked private but no solution seems to be forthcoming).

Do we need to start looking for an alternative as my client is getting frustrated?

Even some feedback re your plans to sort this would be a help.

Barry

I’m sorry for the delay, Alex.

Could you update us with another example of an event where the ticket form is not showing (by sharing both the Eventbrite URL and the single event URL from your client site)?

If there happens to be one in mid-late September or even later that isn’t in immediate danger of expiring, that would be especially useful here.

Thanks!

Alex Petrie
    Participant
    Barry

Thanks for the prompt reply!

I wonder if you’d be happy to perform a test involving a small amount of custom code?

add_filter( 'tribe_events_eb_iframe_html', function( $html, $event_id, $post_id ) {
    	// If we have ticket form HTML, let's return it
    	if ( strlen( trim( $html ) ) ) {
    		return $html;
    	}

try {
    		$api = tribe( 'eventbrite.event' );
    		$event = $api->get_event( $post_id );
    	}
    	catch ( Exception $e ) {
    		return 'UNABLE TO LOAD EVENT DATA';
    	}

$listed = empty( $event->listed ) ? 'No' : 'Yes';
    	$live   = $api->is_live( $post_id ) ? 'Yes' : 'No';
    	$show   = tribe_event_show_tickets( $post_id, $event ) ? 'Yes' : 'No';

return "\nDebug info (#$post_id | #$event_id): LISTED $listed LIVE $live SHOULD SHOW $show\n";
    }, 10, 3 );

Could you trying adding the above either to a custom plugin (preferred) or else to your theme’s functions.php file, whichever is easiest for you?

Can you then revisit either of the events you linked to above and capture what you see where the ticket iframe ought to appear?

Thank you 🙂

Alex Petrie
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve added your code to the Child Theme’s functions.php file and I’m not seeing any change?

http://www.businessfactorynt.co.uk/event/social-media-content-and-strategy-workshop-4/

How to Sell even if you are not a salesperson

Thanks

Barry

Thanks, Alex: that is in itself useful info. Let’s go a bit deeper.

add_filter( 'tribe_events_eventbrite_print_ticket_form', function( $display, $count ) {
    	$display_form = $display ? 'Yes' : 'No';
    	print "\nDISPLAY FORM $display_form COUNT $count\n";
    	return true;
    }, 10, 2 );

Complimenting the code you already added, can you now add the above? It doesn’t really matter if it is added above or below the previous snippet.

Do you now see anything where the ticket form should display?

Thanks for bearing with us as we dig into this 🙂

Alex Petrie
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve added the additional code below the first snippet and I’m not seeing any change?

Social Media Content and Strategy Workshop

How to Sell even if you are not a salesperson

Thanks

Barry

Thanks, you can remove those snippets now 🙂

For both of those events, the result was that ‘DISPLAY FORM No COUNT 0’ was added to the page (right above the related events section).

This tells us that – for some reason – there are no Eventbrite Tickets associated with the event, hence it has decided not to try and load the tickets iframe. When I try to replicate the problem on a clean test site (see here), however, the ticket form comes through.

I’m curious: if we start with just one of the events you noted in your last reply, can you try deleting and re-importing? The process for this would be as follows:

• Trash the event
    • In the main list of events within the admin environment, look for the ignored tab then locate the same event and delete it permanently
    • Re-import
    • Does the ticket iframe show now?
    Alex Petrie
    Participant

A couple of points here:

1 – These events were showing tickets prior to your last update, so it looks like something corrupted the data? As mentioned previously, we have the message ‘Currently migrating Eventbrite events to ensure proper data is displayed when editing.’ showing permanently in admin, so I wonder if this relates to the data issue?

2 – We have been unable to import events via your plugin since the update, so I can’t complete the tasks as you suggest below.

Whats next re the import issue?

Alex Petrie
    Participant

A couple of things to add:

1 There is no ignored tab showing next to published on the events admin page

2 I tried importing a single event again, and as before I was able to previews my list, select an event and hit import, which gave me the message:

Your import is currently in progress. Don’t worry, you can safely navigate away–the import will continue in the background.

But after some time of waiting the message changed to:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite ticket Information no longer showing / cannot import events’ is closed to new replies.