Eventbrite Sync Issue(s)

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Eventbrite Sync Issue(s)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    thewallrus
    Participant

Hi,

Just tried creating an event with ticket in WordPress and encountered a number of issues (long time since I last created an Eventbrite event on this site). Apologies in advance if I’ve remembered what happened incorrectly!

1) Created event in WP, event reported “Invalid address”, owing to venue not having Address line populated. (This previously was not an issue)
    2) Added Address line, and event made its way to Eventbrite (I think!)
    3) Added additional ticket types direct in Eventbrite, made some edits for fees and style and resaved (in Eventbrite).
    4) Eventbrite details not showing in event detail on site, even though event id number is correct (ie the same) on both WP and Eventbrite
    4) Eventbrite event has now disassociated from event in WP – not entirely sure how that happened, as the event in Eventbrite was created via WP. Event now exists in Eventbrite but is not associated with event on WP site.

I’m loathe to import from Eventbrite at this point, not least because I suspect I’ll have to dupe work already done, but because this issue seems remarkably similar to that reported here.

Any advice welcome…I have not taken site back to “bare bones” theme and plugin to retest as I’m not entirely sure of the steps I took to make this happen. I’ll willingly accept a “down and dirty” fix to get the event in WP to talk to Eventbrite without needing to import from Eventbrite 😉

Cheers,

Darren

George
    Participant

Hey Darren,

Sorry you’re having some trouble here! We’ve included many fixes for Eventbrite syncing issues in recent releases so things should be working fine here…

I’m curious, can you share your full system information with us? Here’s how to do that → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

In the meantime, can you clarify if this happens for you regardless of the specific event, or if it only happens intermittently? In other words, does this happen every time for you or only for some events?

Thank you!
    George

thewallrus
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

Hey Darren,

Thanks for sharing your system information! I looked through it and didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary, and was unfortunately not able to reproduce your problems on my local testing site 🙁

With these details in mind, then, I think the best step from here is for you to run through our Troubleshooting Steps outlined here → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/

Those steps may seem tedious but are fortunately much faster to work through than it seems, and are very useful for ruling out (or revealing!) code conflicts, which might be at play here.

Let us know what you find! 🙂

Thanks,
    George

thewallrus
    Participant

Hi George,

I’m happy to do this, if this will identify why the 2 events are no longer talking to each other. I suspect however (if there is indeed a conflict), that this will only manifest itself if I’m actually creating an event. Do you think that the reason that the event in WP is no longer aware of the event in Eventbrite, is down to an existing conflict? ie, if the conflict is identified/resolved, then the event in WP will become aware (again) of the event in Eventbrite?

My immediate need (as mentioned in last reply) is to get the event in Eventbrite linked back again to the event in WP. Is there a way to do this, without re-importing from Eventbrite? (I’m happy updating rows in tables if that’s a way to resolve).

Cheers,

Darren

George
    Participant

Hey Darren,

I unfortunately do not know if there’s a way to re-link those events without re-importing from Eventbrite.com. A worthwhile test to do before the whole process I suggested, then, might be to delete the event off of your WP site and try to re-import from Eventbrite. If it remains linked this time around, then perhaps the one error there was just a fluke or the result of some accidental option change or something?

I still cannot recreate this problem, so that’s why I’m wondering about the things above in my reply here…I’m sorry that I don’t have more substantive information at this time! I’m just not able to pin down the problem 🙁

Thank you for your patience Darren. Let me know what troubleshooting steps you try to do, and what you find by doing them!

I will continue to try and recreate the problem and will post an update if I do so.

Thank you,
    George

thewallrus
    Participant

Hi George,

So…deleted the event and reimported from Eventbrite. All ok bar the fact that the Eventbrite ticket details do not show on the event page (I’m not sure they ever have). I’ve changed privacy settings on the event to make public and revert back to private, with no apparent difference. (I’d rather the event was private on Eventbrite, but don’t mind if the event is public on the website).

Any help gratefully appreciated!

Cheers,

Darren

George
    Participant

Hey Darren,

Thanks so much for your patience and cooperation here. I’m trying to recreate problems without luck, but you are not the only user who is currently reporting some sync problems, so I do believe there is a valid problem at play here and possibly even a bug in our code (or something related to a change with Eventbrite’s API, which they sometimes do without documentation and that has broken sites before!)

There are two things I can think of from here that are worthwhile for investigation – first is to reflect on a question I asked early in this support exchange, which was whether or not these issues happen for any Eventbrite event on your site regardless, or if it only happens for a select few events…

Your response to that was this:

Sadly we rarely create Eventbrite events, so this is a one-off for now.

I’m wondering if first we can circle back to this, and if you’d be able to create some “test” events on Eventbrite.com – brand new events, listed publicly, but just with free tickets and not actual events that will happen. Don’t worry about this being a problem – it’s just temporary for testing and you can immediately delete the events once things are resolved. You can, and should, even title the events “TEST: (rest of title)” to make it clear that they’re not real events.

Once some of these events are created, what do you find if you try to import them on your WP site? Do any of the same problems re-emerge?

If so, then I’d recommend first making a few more test events, and then running through our complete set of troubleshooting steps here → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/

Test some event imports once your site is in a state where a default theme like Twenty Twelve, Fourteen, etc. is active, and all plugins except The Events Calendar and Eventbrite Events are deactivated.

I’m sorry ahead of time for how tedious this process might sound – having done these steps hundreds of times myself, I can assure you that it’s much faster to work through than it sounds!

Thanks so much for your patience here Darren. Let me know what you think about my proposed next steps from here, and if you run through them, let me know what you find!

Sincerely,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite Sync Issue(s)’ is closed to new replies.