Sync to Evenbrite failing again!!!

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Sync to Evenbrite failing again!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    d20games
    Participant

I have a thread a while ago where their was a bug that had a workaround by setting to GMT and then back. Now it is failing completely without even giving back an error, just saving the event and wiping out all the eventbrite data I entered. I have updated to the latest wordpress and plugins after this happened yesterday. Disabled visual composer and even went back to my original organizer profile. This is getting beyond frustrating.

George
    Participant

Hey Ben,

I’m sorry to hear you’re still having issues. You are the only one reporting behavior like this at this time, and I cannot recreate issues like yours, so I suspect that there is a code conflict or something else like that at work here…

You mention doing this:

Disabled visual composer and even went back to my original organizer profile. This is getting beyond frustrating.

Can you clarify what you mean when you say you “went back to my original organizer profile”?

Next, are you able to run through the complete set of troubleshooting steps outlined here? → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/

This will check ALL the plugins on your site, and your theme, not just Visual Composer.

Thank you,
    George

d20games
    Participant

This was confirmed as a bug by your team during my last thread. https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/eventbrite-thinking-ticket-sales-are-after-event-ends/
    The workaround, (changing the time in the setting and setting up the event at that point) no longer works. I was a little surprised that the previous thread was auto closed, since I was waiting for a response with a real fix as opposed to the work around.

George
    Participant

Hey @d20games,

I’m sorry that you were disappointed with the auto-closing of that thread. Our SupportDroid robot means well, and he generally just wants to help. But he is zealous about closing threads if they have not been replied to in 14 days – nothing personal about that, sorry you had more to say there but found the thread closed too soon!

As for your bug – we have not had a release since that thread was last closed, so there should be some fixes on the way but they have not arrived yet.

As for your temporary workaround – are you leaving your site’s settings at UTC or switching to UTC, then back to “Los Angeles”, then repeating this switching for each event you try to import?

d20games
    Participant

Yep…it now just fails utterly.

d20games
    Participant

today the trick worked…for the moment

d20games
    Participant

I lied…it failed again!!! Help…This has gone on for weeks now and it is messing me up big time!!!

d20games
    Participant

Please, please, Please help!!! I just purged cache, removed a bunch of the plug-ins again. I went back to evenbrite and made sure the auth. was active. It will let me fill in all the info for eventbrite, save the event and then save it, at which point it throws up NO errors, just wipes all the info I had put in for eventbrite and shows the event as being unassociated with anything. If I do it without changing the Timezone, then it fails with the wrong time message, but with the time zone trick used, it just saves as if I never tried to associate it with eventbrite.

I have a major event coming up and have not gone two weeks with the system not working.

Ben

George
    Participant

Hey Ben,

I’m sorry for all the trouble you’ve been having! It still unfortunately sounds like there are deeper issues on your site here, but you might have some success if you try using the Release Candidates of our next versions of the plugins, version 3.12.

You can learn about how to get and install these Release Candidates here → https://theeventscalendar.com/version-3-12-release-candidate-code-is-now-available/

Try replacing your existing Tribe plugins with those release candidate versions and see if that helps at all.

Thank you so much for your patience here!

Cheers,
    George

d20games
    Participant

What would be happening that it just fails without creating any message dialog? It seems like there is some dissociation with the eventbrite api.

Ben

George
    Participant

Hey Ben,

Eventbrite’s API has indeed changed several time in recent months – most of the time without notice! 🙁

This has put us in a bind with our development, and there was one two-week period where we had to release something like three separate maintenance updates just for our Eventbrite Tickets add-on to keep up with their API changes.

Those API changes aren’t the result of malice or anything on Eventbrite’s part. They’re a huge company with lots of things in development so I’m sure some of their API changes were just lost in the shuffle in terms of broadcasting those changes…

…But yes, API changes are almost certainly, at bottom, what is causing the weirdness that you have so far encountered.

I’d like to share the news that today we just released our official 3.12 updates for the Tribe suite of plugins. These updates include a number of code fixes and I’d recommend updating all of your Tribe plugins today – see if your issues persist at all with the same behavior, and let us know what you find! 🙂

Thanks,
    George

d20games
    Participant

I had one that worked, but now it says Event requires a venue to sync with eventbrite. I’ve tried multiple venues but it comes back to the same problem.

George
    Participant

Hey Ben,

To be clear, have you updated all of your Tribe plugins – Eventbrite Tickets, The Events Calendar, Events Calendar Pro, etc. – to 3.12? The Events Calendar is not 3.12.1, for that matter.

This may help.

Just want to be certain about whether or not you’ve done this yet, since it isn’t clear if you have. We did roll out some bug fixes and it may make a difference.

d20games
    Participant

Ive updated everything. Now we are back to it working if I change the time zone in the general settings to UTC, so at least the non-functional horror is over for the moment.

Please keep this thread open until the issue with the UTC is dealt with so I can get notification of that fix. Thanks,

Ben

George
    Participant

Thanks for the update Ben, glad things are a bit better off than before. Our support droid will auto-close this thread after 15 days of inactivity but I will leave it open at least until then! 🙂

In the event that this closes before our next update is made, never fear – when an automatic update is announced in your wp-admin dashboard, you can read the “Readme” of the update which will list all of its new changes and improvements. If a fix for this is included in the release, it will be listed there.

Stay tuned to new plugin updates!

Best of luck with your site in the meantime,
    George

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Sync to Evenbrite failing again!!!’ is closed to new replies.