Eventbrite thinking ticket sales are after event ends..

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Eventbrite thinking ticket sales are after event ends..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    d20games
    Participant

We are running into a problem where we can’t get eventbrite to publish events.

when we do so, the fail message is:
    The dates you have chosen for your ticket sales are inconsistent:
    Ticket sales end date cannot be after the event ends
    Please adjust the dates and try saving again.

and it resets the times to nonsensical times. We are sure that we’ve set the times correctly for the sales and have seen this with multiple events. There was a previous problem where it was changing the event dates without our input to a later time. That was fixed in Eventbrite by going in and establishing the default payment method. But that doesn’t work anymore since it isn’t even letting us publish the events as drafts.

Nico

Hi d20games,

Thanks for reaching out to us and sorry to hear about your issue 🙁

I see you included your sys info -thanks for doing so- but I can’t see the installed versions of our products. Can you confirm you are running latest versions of our plugins? A maintenance release for EventBrite Tickets was released yesterday -3.11.1- addressing an unexpected change in EventBrite API.

If updating doesn’t solve the problem, the next step to troubleshoot this would be to go over our Testing for conflicts guide. Another thing I would like to know is which timezone are you running your site in -you can check that in ‘WP-Admin > Settings > General’.

Please let me know about those,
    Best,
    Nico

d20games
    Participant

We are running all the latest updates and the latest version of wordpress. However the problem occurred previous to the latest set of upgrades.

Time zone is correct in wordpress. It has been going on a week now. This has gotten to a critical point.

Ben

We do have one weird thing. I have two instances of having authorized Eventbrite to be accessed by the event calendar because it was very unclear when I did the updated authorization that it successfully completed the transition.

d20games
    Participant

Rechecked with the new update…still the same issue.

Ben

Nico

Hi Ben,

Sorry for the delay in my reply, we do not work on weekends and that’s why Mondays are always busy. I’ll be prioritizing your issue from now on!

“I have two instances of having authorized Eventbrite to be accessed by the event calendar because it was very unclear when I did the updated authorization that it successfully completed the transition.”
    I have to say I don’t understand what you are describing here 🙁 Can you elaborate a bit?

Also, please send me your updated system information, along with the EventBrite event ID and a screenshot of you event in WP showing the error message and the settings. Please make sure the timezone set in WP is the same as in the EB event – this is not mandatory but might be a clue. Mark your reply as private so that all this info is not publicly visible.

Thanks a lot for your patience, I’ll try my best to make this right soon,
    Best,
    Nico

d20games
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the follow-up!

I tested it setting ‘Los Angeles’ timezone in WordPress and I’m in fact seeing the same error. This might be a bug in our product, but before I can confirm this I need to do some more testing.

I’ve also found a quick work around this. Please try to set WordPress timezone to UTC (WP-Admin > Settings > General > Timezone), and the create the Event + Tickets. Once that’s done, there seems to be no problem in setting back the timezone to Los Angeles.

Sorry for the inconvenience this is causing to you, I’ll take a deeper look into this and try to confirm if it’s actually a bug on our side. I’ll keep you posted!

Please let me know if you are able to get the event up with the work around,
    Best,
    Nico

d20games
    Participant

That seemed to work for now. So I need to reset the timezone each time?

Ben

Nico

Hi Ben,

Glad at least you could make it work with that -not elegant at all- work around! I’m afraid that setting the timezone to UTC before creating the events is the quickest fix I could find 🙁

Further testing confirmed that what you reported is indeed a bug. I’ve logged a ticket for it in the product backlog but I don’t have any specific dates on when this will be addressed. I’ll investigate to see if there’s a snippet/hotfix I can share with you till this gets resolved and released in an upcoming version of the product.

Again sorry for the inconveniences this might be causing,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Leah

Hi there,

I wanted to report back to you on the status of this issue. Your report is tracked in our internal system and a fix is on our to-do list, but we were not able to fit it into our upcoming 3.12 release. Please know that the issue is still very much on our radar and we will be working on it for a future release. We appreciate your patience while we work to improve our plugins. Thank you for using The Events Calendar!

Best,
    Leah
    and The Events Calendar team

Geoff

Hey there!

Just want to let you know that we just shipped an update and a patch for this issue was included. Please update and feel free to drop us a new note if you continue to bump into any issues with this. We appreciate your patience while we worked on this–thanks for your support!

Cheers,
    Geoff

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite thinking ticket sales are after event ends..’ is closed to new replies.