Eventbrite import error

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Eventbrite import error

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Caylee Migliorini
    Participant

When trying to import from Eventbrite, I get the following error: Import failed: Unable to process this import – a breakage or conflict may have resulted in the import halting

Events > Import > New Import >
    Origin: Eventbrite
    Import Type: One-Time
    Source: Import from your Eventbrite Account
    Click PREVIEW

Then I select: IMPORT ALL
    Category: (my own category)

Hi Caylee,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

As a first step, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

• A conflict with another plugin
    • A conflict with your WordPress theme
    • A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

• Make a backup of your database
    • Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Caylee Migliorini
    Participant

That makes sense. Unfortunately we don’t have a staging site made yet (though I’m working on that) and we certainly don’t want to do these steps on the live site.

Are there issues with using The Events Calendar Pro on both the LIVE and STAGING site? Can I do the same with the Eventbrite license?

Hi Caylee,

Another option would be for you to install the third-party plugin, Health Check, which can mimic a bare WordPress install while your site visitors still see your site the way that it normally appears.

There should not be issues with using Events Calendar PRO and Eventbrite on both a staging site and a live site.

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/using-one-license-live-dev-sites/

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

Caylee Migliorini
    Participant

Hello,

Since our last message, we did create a staging site. Unfortunately, our issue still persists at this time. We have gone through the “Test if there is a conflict” steps and were unable to identify a conflict. That is, the source of the conflict was not identified successfully so we are unable to proceed to the “Look for a solution” steps.

From there, we proceeded to downloading the Health Check and Troubleshooting plug-in and running it, it is still not clear where the problem with the EventBrite and Event Calendar issues are. It did provide some information where other issues may exist. Wondering if any of the following items returned in the Health Check, may have something to do with our issue:
    – Plug-in versions: Your site has 5 plugins waiting to be updated.
    – Scheduled events: A scheduled event (tribe_events_pro_process_recurring_events) has failed to run. Your site still works, but this may indicate that scheduling posts or automated updates may not work as intended.
    – Background updates: A plugin has prevented updates by disabling wp_version_check().
    – Loopback request: The loopback request to your site failed, this may prevent WP_Cron from working, along with theme and plugin editors.
    Error encountered: (0) cURL error 28: Connection timed out after 10000 milliseconds

Thank you for your help!

Hi Caylee,

Thanks for providing me with all of that information.

As a next step, I would recommend updating all of your Events Calendar plugins to their most recent versions and see if that helps the issue.

In addition, are you using the Eventbrite API plugin that you have by Automattic to add Eventbrite events to your site in addition to ours?

Also, can you confirm that you still see this issue with a bare WordPress install (no other plugins installed and a default WordPress theme)?

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Caylee Migliorini
    Participant

Hi Jaime,

Thank you! It appears that the Events Calendar and Eventbrite plugins are current (there is no indication within WP that updates are needed). We have the following:

-Eventbrite API
    -Events Calendar
    -Events Caldedar PRO
    -Events Calendar Shortcode
    -Events Calendar: Eventbrite Tickets

In terms of the issue still existing in the bare WP environment, I can confirm that. We followed the instructions provided in ‘Test if there is a conflict” and ran the Twenty-sixteen theme with all plugins deactivated except for those listed above. When then attempt to import in WP, we still received this message:
    “Unable to process this import – a breakage or conflict may have resulted in the import halting.”

Would you mind sending me the instructions for import? I want to double check that we have things integrated properly and are following the correct steps. If you have any other suggestions or if there is a possibility of doing a phone call to troubleshoot, please let me know.

Hi Caylee,

Thanks for your response.

It’s worth noting that the Events Calendar Shortcode is not our plugin.  Also it appears that your Events Calendar PRO is up for an update.

We actually released a maintenance release today, so you can update all plugins when you see the update.

In addition, are you using the Eventbrite API plugin that you have by Automattic to add Eventbrite events to your site in addition to ours?

Can you also take a screenshot of how your import is set up, so that I can confirm if things are set up properly?

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Caylee Migliorini
    Participant

Hi Jaime,

Thank you! I will work on the noted items, in the meantime, can you send over instructions/screenshots of how to get to the specific info you are requesting below:

“Can you also take a screenshot of how your import is set up, so that I can confirm if things are set up properly?”

Thank you!

Caylee Migliorini
    Participant

Hi Jaime,

One more question, can you let me know where I can look to confirm this:

“Are you using the Eventbrite API plugin that you have by Automattic to add Eventbrite events to your site in addition to ours?”

Caylee Migliorini
    Participant

Hi Jaime,

Please disregard second question, I can confirm the following:

Eventbrite API
    A WordPress plugin that integrates the Eventbrite API with WordPress and Keyring.

Version 1.0.12 | By Automattic | View details

Caylee Migliorini
    Participant

Hi Jaime,

I am confused regarding what you state about the Events Calendar Shortcode, here is what I see in WP:

The Events Calendar Shortcode
    Deactivate | Troubleshoot | Settings | Upgrade
    An addon to add shortcode functionality for The Events Calendar Plugin by Modern Tribe.

Version 1.9 | By Event Calendar Newsletter | View details

Caylee Migliorini
    Participant

Hi Jaime,

In my attempt to update the Events Calendar to the current version, I receive the following error:

The Events Calendar
    Deactivate | Troubleshoot | Settings | Calendar
    The Events Calendar is a carefully crafted, extensible plugin that lets you easily share your events. Beautiful. Solid. Awesome.

Version 4.6.21 | By Modern Tribe, Inc. | View details | Support | View All Add-Ons
    Update Failed: The update cannot be installed because we will be unable to copy some files. This is usually due to inconsistent file permissions.

Hi Caylee,

Can you try deactivating The Events Calendar Shortcode and the Eventbrite API plugins and see if the error still occurs (since those plugins are not our plugins)?

As far as updating goes, I’d recommend deleting the plugin and re-download from your Downloads page and then update via the Manual Updates procedure:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/manual-updates/

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

Caylee Migliorini
    Participant

Hi Jaime,

Thank you! I deactivated the The Events Calendar Shortcode and the Eventbrite API plugins and the issue was not resolved.

I was going to proceed with the delete and re-download of the Events Calendar and Eventbrite plug-ins, however, in reviewing the instructions you shared, I am concerned about the FTP process. I am working in a staging environment and wish to only alter that site. The FTP process is very involved, isn’t there a way to simply delete and re-download these plug-ins directly in WP in my staging environment?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite import error’ is closed to new replies.