Eventbrite “Event Image” is not imported to WordPress at its normal size

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Eventbrite “Event Image” is not imported to WordPress at its normal size

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    sparxoo
    Participant

Hello,

When importing an Eventbrite event using the events calendar, for whatever reason the image is always uploaded to media equal to or less than 400px in width, with proportional height. Obviously this is quite undesirable for usage as a “hero” image on an event details page, but works just fine for an archive page. Is there any way to easily (without editing core, or re-uploading images every single import) get the largest possible size Event Image from Eventbrite?

Fixes I’ve tried:
    – After importing event, download the event image from Eventbrite and replace the small version in media.
    – Result: Image becomes disassociated from the event. Also, not sure how legal this solution would have been any way.

– Try to get a certain size image from WordPress.
    – Result: quickly realized WP only gets one image size.

Any help would be appreciated. I found this other post similar to my issue, but the “answer” proved to be very nebulous, and not very applicable to our situation. Thanks!

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/eventbrite-tickets-importing-much-smaller-image-on-website/

Nico

Hi there @sparxoo,

Thanks for getting in touch with us! I reviewed the thread you mention, and I’m mostly sure the situation is the same now.

Unfortunately the ‘logo’ url that the API returns (take a look) comes in this size. This is why we added the image sync options to the plugin, using them you can prevent the image sync and add a bigger one to the WordPress event. Does this makes sense?

– After importing event, download the event image from Eventbrite and replace the small version in media.

The right way of doing this would be to set the image sync mode to: ‘Never synchronize this image’, after importing the event. Then saving the event. After that feel free to change the event featured image to the one you downloaded from the EventBrite site. I know this is not the ideal workflow, but if the API is limiting us from getting a bigger image then there’s not much we can do about it.

Anyway I’ll touch base with the devs to see if there’s a chance to improve on this.

Please let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

Nico

PS: I touched base with one of our devs and he told me this is still true, the image EventBrite offers in it the API comes in this size.

sparxoo
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response, Nico. I’m unfortunately not seeing this option on the even page in the WP backend. Could it be we’re not running the proper set of plugins to make this possible?

Currently Enabled Events Calendar plugins:
    – The Events Calendar
    – The Events Calendar PRO
    – The Events Calendar Community Events
    – The Events Calendar Eventbrite Tickets
    – The Events Calendar Filter Bar
    – The Events Calendar WooCommerce Tickets

Nico

Thanks for the follow-up @sparxoo!

You actually just need The Events Calendar and Eventbrite Tickets. Maybe I was a bit vague on where to find this option. You’ll find it in the edit-event screen once the event is in sync → https://cloudup.com/c4Ru0RIcjoV

If you need to force this for all events, I can create a snippet for that.

Best,
    Nico

sparxoo
    Participant

Hello Nico,

It’s weird, because that part of the metabox doesn’t appear when I look. This is what I’m seeing right now.

Nico

Hey @sparxoo!

Sorry for the delay in my reply! I find this rather strange actually.

Can you please share your system information with me so I can check if everything looks right on that end? You can do so in a private reply. Or just note which versions of the plugins you are using in the site.

If you are using latest versions, then please follow the steps described in our Testing for conflicts guide. This way we can see if this is a problem in our plugin or a conflict with the theme or other installed plugins.

Thanks,
    Nico

sparxoo
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

Thanks for following up!

Sorry to say the plugins are a bit outdated in fact, here are the current versions:

– The Events Calendar → 4.2.6
    – The Events Calendar PRO → 4.2.5
    – The Events Calendar Community Events → 4.2.4
    – The Events Calendar Eventbrite Tickets → 4.2.1
    – The Events Calendar Filter Bar → 4.2.2
    – The Events Calendar WooCommerce Tickets → was deprecated in favor of Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus. You can read more about this here: Moving to Event Tickets Plus.

I do not recommend updating the plugins in the live site but doing so in a staging/development environment so you can check everything runs smoothly with the new versions, specially if you have customizations. The updating process should be fairly simple and no data should be lost in the process, but we always recommend to do a full back up of the site just in case something goes wrong.

Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite “Event Image” is not imported to WordPress at its normal size’ is closed to new replies.