Eventbrite Tickets importing much smaller image on website

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Eventbrite Tickets importing much smaller image on website

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Kathleen Lane
    Participant

Hi there,

Eventbrite Tickets is shrinking event images when I import Eventbrite events to my website. (The 2000 px image I uploaded on Eventbrite became a 400 px wide featured image on my website).

This wouldn’t be a problem if I could swap out the smaller featured image with the larger one. However, when I try to update the event it re-uploads the smaller image and replaces the smaller one.

Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks,

Nathan

Nico

Hi there Nathan,

Thanks for reaching out on this! Let’s see what’s happening here…

Can you please share with me the EventBrite event URL so I can give this a try myself? Also please point me to the event in your site where I can see the same imported event.

What’s your default size for featured images? You can search you theme for the set_post_thumbnail_size functions which adjust the thumbnail size and see the value assigned?

Please let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

Kathleen Lane
    Participant

Nico,

Featured image size is 250 x 150.

Here is the Eventbrite link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2nd-annual-aiabaltimore-celebrity-chef-night-tickets-22550784002

And here is the event on my website: http://www.aiabaltimore.org/events/2nd-annual-aiabaltimore-celebrity-chef-night/

Thanks,

Nathan

Nico

Hey Nathan,

Thanks for following up on this! I could reproduce the same behaviour in my site, and indeed the single-event.php template is displaying the image at full size so this appears not to be related with the thumbnails sizes of the template.

Do you remember the original size of the image when you uploaded it? I’ve tried with other random event from EventBrite and I get the same, so I suspect this might be a limitation on the EventBrite API. I’ll ping the dev team on this and let you know about it.

Thanks,
    Nico

Kathleen Lane
    Participant

Thank you for looking into this, Nico. The original image size was 1000 x 666 px. Not sure if file type is a factor here, but it was a .jpg.

-Nathan

Nico

Nathan,

I’ve touched base with the devs on this and it seems to be the image that the EventBrite API provides, I’ll run some additional tests but not sure if there’s actually a workaround this at the time other than re-uploading the image in WordPress and then prevent the sync (https://cloudup.com/cbdy57RLPYa).

I’ll give you a heads up when I’m able to do some more tests,
    Best,
    Nico

Kathleen Lane
    Participant

Nico,

Thanks, keep me updated.

Preventing the sync works for now.

-Nathan

Nico

That’s great Nathan! I’ll be out today but will dive into this tomorrow…

Nico

Nico

Hey Nathan,

I gave this a couple of more tries (in different image formats), but it seems to be a limitation of the EB API 🙁

What I found is that the images in the description (uploaded in the WYSIWYG editor in EventBrite) get to WordPress description at full size. Depending on your single event design this might help you solve this issue.

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can do for you,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite Tickets importing much smaller image on website’ is closed to new replies.