Event Widgets no Filter and CSS not working

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event Widgets no Filter and CSS not working

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    studentprojecthouse
    Participant

I have 2 problems that may or may not be related:

1. The filter on the all event widgets ist not working. It doesn’t show any options (see Screenshot). Using inspect the filter seems to be set to display: none and the input set to hidden but even changing those does not make the filter work.

2. The css on the front-end is not being applied to the widgets (see https://sph.ethz.ch/screens/courses-workshops/). The upcoming events widget is supposed to have calendar looking icons which are not displayed. The calendar overview just hangs on a loading wheel.

Not sure whats wrong.

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out and for using our products!  I’m sorry to hear that you are having some issues with your site.  We will try to get to the bottom of this as quickly as possible.

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Let us know if you have any other questions on this topic along the way!

Thanks,

Jaime

studentprojecthouse
    Participant

This reply is private.

Great, thanks for getting your system information over to us.

By the sound of it, it looks like there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1.    A conflict with another plugin

2.    A conflict with your WordPress theme

3.    A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1.    Make a backup of your database

2.    Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Here is an article that can walk you through the steps for your reference: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/

And one more thing to try: it is possible that your CSS isn’t loading because the widgets expect to be in a place such as a sidebar, without a panel builder.  You have SiteOrigins Widgets Bundle, which may be the conflict.  Would you also mind trying to create the same type of widget setup, but without placing it within their panel builder?  Let me know if you need any further clarification on this.

Please keep in mind that it is possible that there are a few different conflicts at play, given that you have a few separate issues.

Let me know how everything goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

studentprojecthouse
    Participant

Thank you for your detailed reply. You are right about the SiteOrigin conflict. If I place it in the widgets sidebar I can use the filter and it displays correctly in the sidebar. It also causes the widget in the content area built with SiteOrigin to display correctly, I guess because it loads the CSS differently.

Is there anyway to make it work with the SiteOrigin Builder? I use it all through out my site and can’t exactly disable it. It’s also the easiest way to let others with less technical knowledge help me build the site.

Thank you for testing the conflicts, and I’m glad to hear that we have at least isolated the issue.

Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that we can provide a solution to this issue.  As I’m sure you can imagine, it is difficult to make our plugins compatible with every third-party plugin that our customers use.  I have logged this issue and we will take a look and see what we can do.  Our response time may take longer than normal as we look into the issue and see if there are any workarounds that we can find for you.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Barry

I’m sorry it took so long for us to review this, but I did want to follow up with a note about this issue.

The current situation is that, although compatibility with your page builder plugin (and page builders more generally) is something we’re keen to get on top of, right at this time there are no quick shortcuts we can offer to resolve this problem.

We do have a number of issues logged about this and similar problems on our internal bug tracker and we’ll continue to monitor demand for this and revise the priority of this work accordingly. However, at this time, we can’t do much more to assist (do remember it is also possible you could get assistance from the vendors of the page builder plugin).

I’ve linked this topic to our issue tracker — so when we do progress this, we’ll be sure to notify you.

Thanks again for your patience and support 🙂

studentprojecthouse
    Participant

Thank you for taking the time to review this issue. I appreciate your response and look forward to getting this fixed in the future.

In the meantime and in case anyone else stumbles on this thread: I found out that the best way to circumvent this issue is to use the shortcode for the widget and enter the desired parameters there.

Barry

That sounds like a good workaround — thanks for sharing and, again, we’ll open this topic and provide an update once we have something substantive to share 🙂

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, in which we are no longer able to reproduce the issue described here. This means that it may have been fixed before while working on other fixes/improvements.

You can find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-9-july-2018/

Please also note that we have subsequently shipped a hotfix for The Events Calendar, Events Calendar PRO and Event Tickets → https://theeventscalendar.com/announcing-the-events-calendar-4-6-20-1-events-calendar-pro-4-4-29-1-and-event-tickets-4-7-5-1/

Please update the plugins and let us know if it works for you.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Widgets no Filter and CSS not working’ is closed to new replies.